Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

more innovative search tools would be welcome

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2013, 7:48 pm
TA
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K MM

I think that Hertz could stand to improve its search capabilities on the website, specifically, for example:

1) helping you find locations within <x> miles of your search point that are open on Sundays (or such kinds of searches)

2) suggesting alternate locations near your start and end point (for example for one-ways) that offer better pricing

These innovations would make it much more likely for me to not give up, and actually book something, rather than nothing, or with a different company.

You would figure these "suggestion" based smarter tools would be worth it for the company to develop? The structure of the location-based searching (country/state/city) is not very good.
Old Jun 6, 2013, 7:56 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
Do any rental companies offer you the choice of saying "If you don't pick up the car here and instead pick it up at a local office ten minutes away, you will save $159 on this rental"?

They are not in business to get you the best price, they are business to make as much profit as they can from you.
Old Jun 6, 2013, 8:08 pm
TA
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K MM
Originally Posted by cordelli
Do any rental companies offer you the choice of saying "If you don't pick up the car here and instead pick it up at a local office ten minutes away, you will save $159 on this rental"?

They are not in business to get you the best price, they are business to make as much profit as they can from you.
Of course they don't want to incentivize customers to instead rent a cheaper car that can be found a few miles away. But I think this will inevitably be an improvement and expectation of search.

If you think about it, it's not too much different from hotels that show you the alternate prices for their different locations.

Think of it this way, if you had a car rental website that did that for you, would you use any other that didn't?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.