Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

2013 Mercedes-Benz GLK 350 4MATIC Ride Report

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2013 Mercedes-Benz GLK 350 4MATIC Ride Report

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2014, 8:38 am
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by drzoidberg
Holy cow, Hertz is still renting 2012 GLKs?
It's only got 44,xxx miles on it, of course they are, plus they already put some crappy new aftermarket tires on it (Nitto 421Q), it's got another year to go at least it seems.

Originally Posted by AndDee
I always check Sirius/XM is working before I leave the rental lot, but that's hard in locations such as LAS/SFO where it's undercover and Sirius/XM may not work!
MCO is similarly handicapped, but regardless, once I had all the gear loaded (baby seats, babies, luggage, strollers, and other miscellaneous junk) I had no desire to change vehicles.
Old Apr 2, 2014, 3:45 am

Programs: Hertz PC, QF Plat, Velocity Gold, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Beckles
MCO is similarly handicapped, but regardless, once I had all the gear loaded (baby seats, babies, luggage, strollers, and other miscellaneous junk) I had no desire to change vehicles.
Indeed, once you have walked to the car, loaded it up and if you are traveling with a family it's far too much effort to unload, change vehicles, get new paperwork and start again!
Old Apr 23, 2014, 7:31 am
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Beckles
However, the one I received had neither Neverlost or active satellite radio, and my understanding is that Prestige Collection vehicles are supposed to come with both.
Originally Posted by AndDee
Yes they should have both!

"• Complimentary NeverLost® In-Car Navigation System and SIRIUS® or XM® Satellite Radio in the US and Canada."

Generally Hertz forgets to active/pay for Sirius/XM after the 3/6/12 month trial has finished.

I always check Sirius/XM is working before I leave the rental lot, but that's hard in locations such as LAS/SFO where it's undercover and Sirius/XM may not work!
I complained to Hertz about this rental, first for not having my vehicle in the correct garage in MCO, and then for not having satellite radio and Neverlost/navigation, I told them I expected a $20/day credit. They replied stating:
Originally Posted by Hertz
We show that the vehicle did not include NeverLost, but should have had satellite radio. Hertz Prestiges vehicles are not all equipped with both NeverLost and satellite radio, we
apologize for any misunderstanding.
I have replied providing links to their website that state otherwise and again reiterating that $20/day is what I expect (which would be $60 total), not the $40 they offered.
Old Dec 7, 2015, 8:09 pm

Programs: DL PM - IC RA - HHonors Gold - Hertz Gold - AA - US - CO - Choice Privileges
3 day points booking. Luxury 2500 point booking upgraded to MERCEDES GLK350 HPC prior to arrival as noted in the Hertz Carfirmation- Your Rental Pick Up Detail email. Or at least I assume it was an upgrade. Nice vehicle.
Old Dec 12, 2015, 8:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by view-with-a-room
3 day points booking. Luxury 2500 point booking upgraded to MERCEDES GLK350 HPC prior to arrival as noted in the Hertz Carfirmation- Your Rental Pick Up Detail email. Or at least I assume it was an upgrade. Nice vehicle.
It is an upgrade. I had one of those last weekend and was very pleased with it.

-J.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.