5* Free Upgrade Up to Full Size Only?

Old Sep 14, 2012, 1:35 pm
Original Poster

5* Free Upgrade Up to Full Size Only?

Was going to rent a full size carat HLE in Daly City and asked them if they had any premium cars I could get upgraded to. They told me upgrades are only up to full size for the complimentary 5* upgrade.

Is this the official Hertz policy, since I saw many post of F to G classes?

Thanks!
Old Sep 14, 2012, 3:23 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

It's not published anywhere.

An HLE manager told me it was "policy," but them upgraded me to G, so I didn't question her further.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 7:02 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
http://www.hertz.com/rentacar/emembe...umGoldbenefits clearly states that the "Maximum upgrade is to a Premium class vehicle."
Old Sep 14, 2012, 10:24 pm
Carlson Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz & Avis PC; National EE; SPG & Hilton Gold; AC 35K (yawn)
From https://www.hertz.com/rentacar/ememb...umGoldbenefits

For 5*:
Upgrades and Coupon Offers
Subject to vehicle availability, one-car-class upgrade is offered at participating Hertz locations the U.S., Canada and participating European locations with a 2-hour advance reservation. Maximum upgrade is to a Premium car with a minimum reserved Mid-Size vehicle. For Compact 4-Door rentals, maximum upgrade will be to a Full-Size 4-Door car. Guaranteed upgrade is to the next car class only. This excludes Special Equipment such as Minivans, SUVs, Hertz Adrenaline Collection, Hertz Green Traveler Collection and Hertz Prestige Collection vehicles.

For PC:
Guaranteed Upgrades, Availability and Coupons
Guaranteed one-car-class upgrade or comparable benefits are offered at participating Hertz locations in the U.S., Canada and participating European locations. Maximum upgrade is to a Premium Car with a minimum reserved Mid-Size vehicle. For Compact 4-Door rentals, maximum upgrade will be to a Full-Size 4-Door car. Guaranteed upgrade is to the next car class only. This excludes Special Equipment such as Minivans, SUVs, Hertz Adrenaline Collection, Hertz Green Traveler Collection and Hertz Prestige Collection vehicles
Old Sep 19, 2012, 11:14 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the help, I called in Hertz and the customer rep said it was A-F, but since the website is different then I'll just carry that around as proof.

I also went to another Hertz and they gave me a 2013 ford explorer.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.