Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Hertz - Old Town San Juan Sheraton location.

Old Oct 8, 2013, 2:55 pm
Original Poster

I just need to rent a average sized car for a day Dec 26 or 27 but the price comes to $124 / day and on top I have all kinds of fees getting it to $145 :-( Anyway to get cheap rental car at this location?
Old Oct 8, 2013, 3:37 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Er ... Christmas/the holidays/peak season?
Did you look in here on the remote chance something might lower the rate?
Old Oct 8, 2013, 3:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by MNSWEEps
I just need to rent a average sized car for a day Dec 26 or 27 but the price comes to $124 / day and on top I have all kinds of fees getting it to $145 :-( Anyway to get cheap rental car at this location?
You have a ton of factors working against your favor...

• It's the day after Christmas (high demand, low availability at this point)
  • It's a weekday (higher base rates)
  • It's at a popular holiday destination (Caribbean in December)
  • You're looking at a hotel location (smaller location means less inventory, also you get hit by hotel facility charges)

I'd suggest looking at coupons released later this month and in November. Try PC# 151336; I've found that to take $5/day off weekday reservations, but I haven't checked it out in Puerto Rico. Also make sure you use a CDP to further discount the rate. In the end, though, I would not expect your rental to be remotely cheap.

-J.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.