Search

Now can use points for 2 week rentals

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2012, 7:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hertz PC
Now can use points for 2 week rentals

Got an email saying you can now get 2 week rentals with points

Might help some people that were takig vactions longer then a week so didn't have to return car and re rent midstream
Old Jun 27, 2012, 7:41 pm

Programs: Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by bhunt

Might help some people that were takig vactions longer then a week so didn't have to return car and re rent midstream
Just noticed that when you go to use points. Its for rentals from 12-14 days and the point total is double the one week total. All the collections are available for 2 week rental.
Old Jun 27, 2012, 10:38 pm

Programs: UA, AA, BA, National EE, Hertz President Circle, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Marriot Silver
finally, its about time ^
Old Jun 29, 2012, 1:15 pm

Originally Posted by bhunt

I already have a reservation for two consecutive on-week rentals, for exactly that reason. I wonder how I can get that converted to a single two-week rental. I could call the customer service, I suppose. Is there a better way? I'm PC, if that matters.
Old Jun 29, 2012, 11:15 pm

Originally Posted by benblaney
I already have a reservation for two consecutive on-week rentals, for exactly that reason. I wonder how I can get that converted to a single two-week rental. I could call the customer service, I suppose. Is there a better way? I'm PC, if that matters.
I'd think just cancel and rebook. If you have enough points with the current reservations, rebook, then cancel the original reservations.
Old Jun 30, 2012, 10:08 am

Originally Posted by lowfareair
I'd think just cancel and rebook. If you have enough points with the current reservations, rebook, then cancel the original reservations.
Will do. Got way too many points as it is.
Old Jul 11, 2012, 8:09 am

Originally Posted by lowfareair
Forgot to mention: this is an international rental. Just called to make the change, and they said they won't do it.

I'd like to call the Duty Manager at LHR and see if I can get it ironed out. Don't want to leave it until I arrive off a 10 hour flight.
Old Jul 11, 2012, 10:46 am

Programs: ihg plat, hh gold, hertz 5*
They don't offer 2 week rentals on points in Europe anyway.
Old Jul 11, 2012, 2:50 pm

Originally Posted by big_mac
They don't offer 2 week rentals on points in Europe anyway.
So I'm going to have to go back to Heathrow (a 200 mile round trip) to swap out the car for no good reason? Goodness me.

Do you reckon I could cut a deal with the station staff on arrival? or am i just donald ducked?
Old Jul 11, 2012, 10:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hertz PC
Originally Posted by benblaney
So I'm going to have to go back to Heathrow (a 200 mile round trip) to swap out the car for no good reason? Goodness me.

Do you reckon I could cut a deal with the station staff on arrival? or am i just donald ducked?
Ask for the on duty manager and tell them. If you find the right one they may let you call and renew over the phone.
Old Jul 12, 2012, 7:48 am

Third call got it resolved. A call center agent escalated to someone fabulous called Hannah, who did something clever by moving points onto the first reservation, which makes it last longer...I didn't really understand. The result is that I now have one reservation for a two week rental out of heathrow using points.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.