Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs/Partners > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Sign in using an external account

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jun 27, 12, 8:21 pm   #1
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Programs: Hertz PC
Posts: 154
Now can use points for 2 week rentals

Got an email saying you can now get 2 week rentals with points

Might help some people that were takig vactions longer then a week so didn't have to return car and re rent midstream
bhunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27, 12, 8:41 pm   #2
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: TUL
Programs: Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, HHonors Gold
Posts: 662
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhunt View Post
Got an email saying you can now get 2 week rentals with points

Might help some people that were takig vactions longer then a week so didn't have to return car and re rent midstream
Just noticed that when you go to use points. Its for rentals from 12-14 days and the point total is double the one week total. All the collections are available for 2 week rental.
KevinMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27, 12, 11:38 pm   #3
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Programs: National EE, Hertz President Circle, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat,
Posts: 167
finally, its about time
fresar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 12, 2:15 pm   #4
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: COS
Posts: 237
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhunt View Post
Got an email saying you can now get 2 week rentals with points

Might help some people that were takig vactions longer then a week so didn't have to return car and re rent midstream
I already have a reservation for two consecutive on-week rentals, for exactly that reason. I wonder how I can get that converted to a single two-week rental. I could call the customer service, I suppose. Is there a better way? I'm PC, if that matters.
benblaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 12, 12:15 am   #5
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by benblaney View Post
I already have a reservation for two consecutive on-week rentals, for exactly that reason. I wonder how I can get that converted to a single two-week rental. I could call the customer service, I suppose. Is there a better way? I'm PC, if that matters.
I'd think just cancel and rebook. If you have enough points with the current reservations, rebook, then cancel the original reservations.
lowfareair is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 12, 11:08 am   #6
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: COS
Posts: 237
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowfareair View Post
I'd think just cancel and rebook. If you have enough points with the current reservations, rebook, then cancel the original reservations.
Will do. Got way too many points as it is.
benblaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 12, 9:09 am   #7
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: COS
Posts: 237
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowfareair View Post
I'd think just cancel and rebook. If you have enough points with the current reservations, rebook, then cancel the original reservations.
Forgot to mention: this is an international rental. Just called to make the change, and they said they won't do it.

I'd like to call the Duty Manager at LHR and see if I can get it ironed out. Don't want to leave it until I arrive off a 10 hour flight.
benblaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 12, 11:46 am   #8
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: England, North
Programs: ihg plat, hh gold, hertz 5*
Posts: 479
They don't offer 2 week rentals on points in Europe anyway.
big_mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 12, 3:50 pm   #9
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: COS
Posts: 237
Quote:
Originally Posted by big_mac View Post
They don't offer 2 week rentals on points in Europe anyway.
So I'm going to have to go back to Heathrow (a 200 mile round trip) to swap out the car for no good reason? Goodness me.

Do you reckon I could cut a deal with the station staff on arrival? or am i just donald ducked?
benblaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 12, 11:45 pm   #10
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Programs: Hertz PC
Posts: 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by benblaney View Post
So I'm going to have to go back to Heathrow (a 200 mile round trip) to swap out the car for no good reason? Goodness me.

Do you reckon I could cut a deal with the station staff on arrival? or am i just donald ducked?
Ask for the on duty manager and tell them. If you find the right one they may let you call and renew over the phone.
bhunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 12, 8:48 am   #11
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: COS
Posts: 237
Third call got it resolved. A call center agent escalated to someone fabulous called Hannah, who did something clever by moving points onto the first reservation, which makes it last longer...I didn't really understand. The result is that I now have one reservation for a two week rental out of heathrow using points.
benblaney is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Bookmarks


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 8:27 am.