Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Hertz unfair dnr (Do Not Rent) list and service

Hertz unfair dnr (Do Not Rent) list and service

Old May 18, 2012, 11:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: Avis CC, National Excutive Elite, Hawaiian Airlines, Delta Skymiles, Amex Platinum
Unhappy Hertz unfair dnr (Do Not Rent) list and service

I have rented from Hertz for the last 7 years. I was Presidents Cricle about 5 of those years gernerating about 20k or more each year for Hertz. Last year I became Platinum. This April 24th I was placed on a DNR for an incident that happened on August 17th, 2010. almost 2 years later. I had a misunderstanding with a manager <name removed by moderator per rules> at the Ontario Airport. I did not curse at her or threaten her. I did not want a vehicle she tried to give me so I asked for something different. She was rude and said no, and if I didn't want the car they had then I could leave walking. ( mind you I am crutches for life ). I told her that I didn't want to argue I just did not like the vehicle they gave me and I wanted a different one. Well long story short she went to the back and called the police and told them to make me leave because I didn't want the car she offered me. WOW. I wrote a letter and complained ( 3 pages of detailed information ). I received an apology from the location Manager on November 18, 2010, saying she talked to the employees and was sorry. The 20 something of November 2010 there was a request to have me on the DNR. I was DNR on February 7, 2011 for the incident, claiming I made unwarrented comments and threats toward a Hertz employee. I wrote an appeal letter February 19, 2011. the DNR was overturned March 1, 2011. I was fine after that, renting on a monthly basis. Well now comes April of 2012, I needed a truck and called the Ontario Airport to see if they had one. <Name removed by moderator> a manager said he would try and locate one. He placed my name on the board stating a Platinum customer Sergio Rodriguez needed a truck. Well <name removed by moderator> seen the board and flipped, questioning why I was able to rent again and that I should not be able to. So the location manager <name removed by moderator> called the DNR and had me readded to the list. At this time I had 3 rentals out. One I was driving, my secretary the other, and the wife the other. I have fought and fought for Hertz to realize I was not in the wrong for the incident. I provided document after document to prove my position. I have gotten nowhere! I tried dealing with the regional manager, nothing! <Name removed by moderator> at the main office over operations, nothing! My word against their local manager, but mine with supporting evidence. This lady <name removed> has some kind of Vendetta against me and I do not know why. But Hertz is being completely unfair towards me. Not sure what else to do. I do not like having me name Tarnished by lies. I am a great person, I volunteer with severl non profit organizations, ex military and a mentor to many. I just want Hertz to do the right thing.

Last edited by l etoile; May 30, 2012 at 9:40 am Reason: names removed to comply with rules
Old May 18, 2012, 11:33 am
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
Welcome to Flyertalk.

I think it would just be easier to move on and rent from somebody else. Drop them a note (not three pages) saying you thought this was resolved, but because it was not you are now using another agency.
Old May 18, 2012, 11:43 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
http://www.nationalcar.com

They'll probably even status match to some extent. (Well, at least to one of their regular elite tiers...) Go check their Flyertalk forum out.
Old May 18, 2012, 12:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Avis CC, National Excutive Elite, Hawaiian Airlines, Delta Skymiles, Amex Platinum
Thank you

I want Hertz to do the right thing. I called National and will send them my status. They are willing to match it. Thank you.
Old May 18, 2012, 12:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
This would be extremely frustrating to me - I feel your pain.
Old May 18, 2012, 12:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by SergioRodriguez
I want Hertz to do the right thing. I called National and will send them my status. They are willing to match it. Thank you.
Sweet. Once you see the difference in the cars, you'll wonder why you stayed with Hertz so long. ^
Old May 18, 2012, 4:55 pm

Programs: Hertz Presidents Circle, National EE, Lots of Stupid CCs&The I Am Crazy Enough To Actually Pay For F
Wow sounds like that woman is a real scumbag!

Check out the BCD rate on the Budget page here, Ive had great success with it and I have no status with them. It has blown Hertzs Rates away even with the CDP codes I have.

Hope they realize how stupid they are being.
Old May 18, 2012, 5:28 pm

The problem is that there are some situations where National at the airport or Enterprise neighborhood stores will not meet your needs.

We've had several discussions of this in other threads. To summarize one of them, basically if you want a one-way and don't have free days, a Hertz HLE might offer the best value. Or you might have to pay National nearly $200/day for a compact car.
Old May 18, 2012, 5:36 pm
Original Poster

Rental

I offered to pay more. I even made a reservation for a different car but she still rejected it. I tried everything. I needed a comfy car to drive with my mother in law and brother in law to see my wife graduate Bootcamp. I ended leaving that location and going to Palm Springs airport 50 miles out of my way that Hertz gave me a E class Mercedes. So the night was saved. But the managers behavior is what has me frustrated.
Old May 18, 2012, 10:33 pm

Programs: Hertz PC, QF Plat, Velocity Gold, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by cordelli
Welcome to Flyertalk.

I think it would just be easier to move on and rent from somebody else. Drop them a note (not three pages) saying you thought this was resolved, but because it was not you are now using another agency.
This
Old May 18, 2012, 11:23 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AndDee
This
Lol, yeah I want to just walk away but I also had 7,250 points accumulated. That equates to almost three weeks worth of free rentals.
Old May 19, 2012, 10:56 am

Programs: AA, UA, WN, HH, Marriott
I assume you know that DNR has a different meaning in the medical profession.
Old May 19, 2012, 11:20 am
Original Poster

What does DNR mean in the medical field. Because all I know it means DO NOT RENT. Lol.
Old May 19, 2012, 12:59 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by SergioRodriguez
What does DNR mean in the medical field. Because all I know it means DO NOT RENT. Lol.
Do not resuscitate
Old May 19, 2012, 1:47 pm

From my experience dealing with the public over many years, we call the police as a last resort when someone is abusive and/or threatening to staff, when we cannot get them to leave or defuse the situation any other way.

Many times the day after someone is abusive or threatening, they complain to senior management that they are the one who has been abused. I think some of them actually believe they are the victims. Eyewitness documentation of the events usually ends this type of complaint quickly.

I doubt that scenario unfolded as "I refused to accept the car they wanted to rent me, so they called the police". In fact, this woman must have known that calling the police would bring her a lot of grief, scrutiny from her boss, etc, and I am sure if there were any other way of handling the situation, she would have done so.

Learn from your experience. Low paid people who work in customer service deserve to be treated with respect.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.