Wiki Posts
Search

Anybody Experience this?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2012, 5:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT 2MM+; Marriott PLT
Originally Posted by jeautk01
What would be the need to cancel if they don't charge cancellation fee?
So that Hertz knows that you don't need the car. That would seem to me to be the appropriate action, even though there is no cancellation fee. YMMV
Old Apr 30, 2012, 4:35 am

jeautk01, does your receipt show exactly 50 miles driven? that would be fishy, and suggests that the location may be padding with automatic fuel charges.

another explanation is that once they realized you weren't showing up, they released the car, gave it to the next customer, but mistakenly charged that customer's bill to your credit card.

oh, and i find it hard to believe a hertz airport location's manager is out of town for a whole week. someone is in charge of any business, any time it is open. if not the titular manager, then someone else.
Old May 13, 2012, 9:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by crabbing
jeautk01, does your receipt show exactly 50 miles driven? that would be fishy, and suggests that the location may be padding with automatic fuel charges.

another explanation is that once they realized you weren't showing up, they released the car, gave it to the next customer, but mistakenly charged that customer's bill to your credit card.

oh, and i find it hard to believe a hertz airport location's manager is out of town for a whole week. someone is in charge of any business, any time it is open. if not the titular manager, then someone else.
Yes it was 50 miles exactly. The same name rental error was proffered as an explanation. They removed the charge I see the incident as closed.
Old Jul 2, 2012, 6:24 am

Same Thing Just Happened!

I had a Gold reservation for Monday of last week. My trip got canceled, and I never bother calling Hertz since they don't charge for no-show.....NEVER AGAIN!

Someone took my rental, used it for the entire week, and charged it to my card. The funny thing is they didn't run up a huge amount of miles or anything, and apparently also topped off the gas before returning it! So I guess it must have been an honest mistake.

Either way, I will always cancel my reservation in the future, just in case.

Hertz was cool, and took the charge off my card right away.

G

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.