Community
Wiki Posts
Search

got harassed by hertz employee..

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2012, 8:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: US air -chairman, SPG-Plat, Hyatt - Dmnd, Hilton -Dmnd, Hertz - five star
got harassed by hertz employee..

Last week I got harrassed/assaulted, whatever you call it, by hertz security guy while returning the car..accident involved a guy three times bigger than me threatening me, using "F*ck you" and "get the "f*ck out of here", as well as other juicy words. he also left his workplace to follow me for couple blocks to a nearby grocery store and trying to threaten me..all of that was in response of me trying to prove my point. obviously guy was very unstable.
I sent a complaint to hertz, however I wonder what would be the appropriate compensation..obviously free rental wouldnt do..
Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Thanks
Old Mar 25, 2012, 8:36 pm

Well, if he was threatening you and following you off of Hertz property then you probably should have called the police.
Old Mar 25, 2012, 8:40 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
So what's the full story? You pulled in to return the car and the security guard started chasing you down the street to the grocery store for no reason?

You are leaving out way too many details here, exactly what point were you trying to prove? What was the accident?
Old Mar 26, 2012, 5:23 am

Wonder what the other side of the story is...or well, what the story at all is...
Old Mar 26, 2012, 7:39 am

Programs: Hertz 5*, United Gold (Soon to be gone), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by alexkgtu
Last week I got harrassed/assaulted, whatever you call it, by hertz security guy while returning the car..accident involved a guy three times bigger than me threatening me, using "F*ck you" and "get the "f*ck out of here", as well as other juicy words. he also left his workplace to follow me for couple blocks to a nearby grocery store and trying to threaten me..all of that was in response of me trying to prove my point. obviously guy was very unstable.
I sent a complaint to hertz, however I wonder what would be the appropriate compensation..obviously free rental wouldnt do..
Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Thanks
I would say no compensation is warranted based on the details of your story. What is the whole story?
Old Mar 26, 2012, 7:49 am

Programs: aa EXP, dl GM, mar LTPLT, hh DIA, spg PLT, ich AMB, nat EE, hertz PC
all of that was in response of me trying to prove my point. obviously guy was very unstable.
obviously.. trying to prove a "point" to someone three times your size.. well.. thats what comment cards and emails are for.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 10:08 am

Programs: Miles&More Blue, SPG Silver
Here are my thoughts.

Hillarious. For harrasment/assault the OP wants a free rental. Next time: I got tasered, what kind of compensation can I get? Two free rentals, a free upgrade?
Old Mar 26, 2012, 10:51 am

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by caspritz78
Here are my thoughts.

Hillarious. For harrasment/assault the OP wants a free rental. Next time: I got tasered, what kind of compensation can I get? Two free rentals, a free upgrade?
It would make for a useful thread so compensation after such incidents could be compared, anywhere from

"I got a one-category upgrade for a snide remark..."

to

"I got comped a three-day Prestige Collection rental after a vicious beating..."

OP, from your original description, I agree that mere compensation doesn't seem to fit with the circumstances. Did you report this to police authorities?
Old Mar 26, 2012, 10:56 am

Programs: AA EXP, AA Admirals Club, Marriott PLT Premier, Hertz President's Circle
When I returned my car the other day, I was told by the Hertz employee (a female) that I have a "young, cute baby face"... am I due any compensation??
Old Mar 26, 2012, 11:52 am
Original Member

Originally Posted by ssafro1
When I returned my car the other day, I was told by the Hertz employee (a female) that I have a "young, cute baby face"... am I due any compensation??
That depends. Do you?

QL
Old Mar 26, 2012, 1:43 pm

Programs: AC AP, Priority Club Platinum, Hertz President's Circle, National Executive
I say one free weekday rental. Nothing more...
Old Mar 26, 2012, 2:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AA Admirals Club, Marriott PLT Premier, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by QuietLion
That depends. Do you?

QL
Guilty. She also asked if I was old enough to be renting a car.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 5:07 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
Nope Dad's too drunk and Mom is watching the luggage that the airport, so they asked me to drop it off. Here you go, see you later.
Old Mar 28, 2012, 1:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: US air -chairman, SPG-Plat, Hyatt - Dmnd, Hilton -Dmnd, Hertz - five star
wow, people...you're so quick to judge, that's amazing.
You want the full story? Alright, then prepare to spend 5 minutes of your life on it:
I was returning my one way rental to the Hertz location on O'Farrell st in San Francisco. I drove into the garage, stopped next to the "STOP" sign...not a single employee around. I came out of the car, walked around, knocked on glass windows where emloyees are supposed to be - nothing. I waited for good 10 minutes - not a single person there. What would you do at this point? I figured the best resolution would be to park the car at one of the empty spots, go on with my day, and return later to turn the keys in hoping that someone will actually be at work later. As I was pulling up to the parking spot I heard the security guard in question screaming that I cant park there. He was good 40-50 feet away, so I had to scream back (so he would hear me): "alright, I'll be right there". He obviously took it as I was "just" screaming on him. He ran down the stairs and got into that position in front of my face "I'm the security here, I can do whatever" . I calmly explained him that I only parked there because there was no one by the office. That only got him even more mad. at this point he was telling :"You want trouble? I'm gonna get you arrested right here". At this point I realized that he obviously has some anger problems. I walked back to the exit (while my friend brought the car back up. At this point we were next to that "stop" sign where I was initially supposed to return the car.
The security guy rightfully said: "that's where you're supposed to return the car".
Me: "I did. And waited for 10 minutes, there was no one here. What was I supposed to do next?"
Obviously he didnt have the answer to that, and was dumb enough not to have any imagination, and the only thing he could say was ".... you, get the .... out of here, you and your friends". Pardon for my language.
We left, walked for another block and stopped by at the grocery store. 2 minutes later the same security guard, took off his uniform and showed up there, this time he was threatening me and saying "You wanna fight? Lets go outside" I was outraged. My friend was very scared, he got in between us, telling the security guard to go away, which didnt help, so my friend started to call the police. That helped, he started to go retreat. At this point the grocery owner was fed up and he asked us to go outside. Very nice, right? anyway, the call to the police help and we were be able to get away and walked away.
This is the full story.
Old Mar 28, 2012, 1:40 pm

Programs: Hertz 5*, United Gold (Soon to be gone), Hilton Diamond
wow, people...you're so quick to judge, that's amazing.
You want the full story? Alright, then prepare to spend 5 minutes of your life on it:
I was returning my one way rental to the Hertz location on O'Farrell st in San Francisco. I drove into the garage, stopped next to the "STOP" sign...not a single employee around. I came out of the car, walked around, knocked on glass windows where emloyees are supposed to be - nothing. I waited for good 10 minutes - not a single person there. What would you do at this point? I figured the best resolution would be to park the car at one of the empty spots, go on with my day, and return later to turn the keys in hoping that someone will actually be at work later. As I was pulling up to the parking spot I heard the security guard in question screaming that I cant park there. He was good 40-50 feet away, so I had to scream back (so he would hear me): "alright, I'll be right there". He obviously took it as I was "just" screaming on him. He ran down the stairs and got into that position in front of my face "I'm the security here, I can do whatever" . I calmly explained him that I only parked there because there was no one by the office. That only got him even more mad. at this point he was telling :"You want trouble? I'm gonna get you arrested right here". At this point I realized that he obviously has some anger problems. I walked back to the exit (while my friend brought the car back up. At this point we were next to that "stop" sign where I was initially supposed to return the car.
The security guy rightfully said: "that's where you're supposed to return the car".
Me: "I did. And waited for 10 minutes, there was no one here. What was I supposed to do next?"
Obviously he didnt have the answer to that, and was dumb enough not to have any imagination, and the only thing he could say was ".... you, get the .... out of here, you and your friends". Pardon for my language.
We left, walked for another block and stopped by at the grocery store. 2 minutes later the same security guard, took off his uniform and showed up there, this time he was threatening me and saying "You wanna fight? Lets go outside" I was outraged. My friend was very scared, he got in between us, telling the security guard to go away, which didnt help, so my friend started to call the police. That helped, he started to go retreat. At this point the grocery owner was fed up and he asked us to go outside. Very nice, right? anyway, the call to the police help and we were be able to get away and walked away.
This is the full story.
deleted

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.