Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How far can hertz push?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2012, 11:38 am
Original Poster

How far can hertz push?

I have had 7 Rentals this year, 6 of which I had to call in about, incorrect rate, points not posting, etc. The call center customer service is very good, and they can usualy fix you up pretty quickly. My question is, as a 'loyal' customer... do I really need to keep watch like a hawk over my account, and really have to spend 20 minutes on the phone per rental? Does this not seem ridiculouse that the front line staff are incapable of preforming simple tasks?

Or, are my expectations too high?
Old Mar 21, 2012, 12:21 pm

Programs: Hertz 5*, United Gold (Soon to be gone), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by hearna
I have had 7 Rentals this year, 6 of which I had to call in about, incorrect rate, points not posting, etc. The call center customer service is very good, and they can usualy fix you up pretty quickly. My question is, as a 'loyal' customer... do I really need to keep watch like a hawk over my account, and really have to spend 20 minutes on the phone per rental? Does this not seem ridiculouse that the front line staff are incapable of preforming simple tasks?

Or, are my expectations too high?
I have not really had similar problems, as my rentals typically going smoothly. Do you typically rent from same locations? Hertz locations vary drastically from a cumstoner service standpoint.

That being said, if I were in your shoes, I would probably look for another rental car company where I felt I was treated better.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 1:37 pm

Thought you weren't renting from Hertz anymore, hearna.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 1:58 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
I'm guessing at least six bad rental experiences in less than three months, since you keep going back for more.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 3:13 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by drzoidberg
Thought you weren't renting from Hertz anymore, hearna.
I have not... my 2 last rentals I noticed today did not have any points post. 2 Locations involved, a HLE Licencee and an Airport Corp....

As much as I never want to see hertz ever again, 3750 aeroplan miles a week add up real quick! Versus the 60 or so airmiles I get out of national... I also noticed that the 3x aeroplan miles has been extended until sept... damn you hertz!!
Old Mar 22, 2012, 10:52 am

I have not... my 2 last rentals I noticed today did not have any points post. 2 Locations involved, a HLE Licencee and an Airport Corp....

As much as I never want to see hertz ever again, 3750 aeroplan miles a week add up real quick! Versus the 60 or so airmiles I get out of national... I also noticed that the 3x aeroplan miles has been extended until sept... damn you hertz!!
SO, they are more than meeting your expectation through the amount of miles they give you, I would say. You say the service is terrible, but you love the miles. Apparently the service isn't bad enough for you to quit renting.
Old Mar 22, 2012, 4:58 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by marvanit
SO, they are more than meeting your expectation through the amount of miles they give you, I would say. You say the service is terrible, but you love the miles. Apparently the service isn't bad enough for you to quit renting.
I would not call having me call in on 85% of rentals to remedy miles not posting, triple miles not posting because the location removes the pc number...

Without the triple miles I would just not rent from them. It is the only thing keeping me on the fence...
Old Mar 22, 2012, 6:41 pm

Programs: AA,HH Gold,SPG Plat,Natl Elite,Hertz Pres Cir
All this blah blah about 'why do you keep going back if they treat you bad' is missing the point. Obviously if the shots in the head are bad enough a guy will look for another relationship. Well, any way. At least I hope so

Sometimes stuff happens but you really should check the resv Pre-print before you leave the station. Make sure the CDP & FT numbers are showing & the cpn or promo # is present. All of these numbers are on my current Pre-print. Any why spend 20 mins on the tel. Create a Draft in your e-mail and every time they mess up just send a copy of the Draft to Hertz. It should work.

Recently however an inexplicable happened to me. I have 10 resv. sitting at a certain location. 5 of those resv. have a certain CDP # (let's say 111) and the last 5 have another CDP # (let's say 222). On a recent reservation. I was on the 2nd of 10 rentals and while the rental had the correct FT & Promo#s, it had the incorrect CDP # (222). The third, fourth & fifth resv. all came out fine. So, regardless of the perfect service, at the end it all depends on whether the agent knows how to properly pull out a resv.

It's a hassle sometimes but worth the benefit of the extra miles (minus the taxes on certain FF programs - don't forget to account for that cost)
Old Mar 23, 2012, 6:13 am
Original Poster

What I am saying is these are the basics that Hertz front line staff cant seem to figure out. It would be as if on all of your airline reservations your FF number would just disapere, and you would not be credited miles. Then you have to figure out on which it happened, spend time calling in, waiting on hold, have the call center agent scratch their head as to what happen, come up with some excuse and promiss to fix it....

6 of 7 rentals with hertz I had to call in
0 of 5 rentals with National...

National even held my rental for 4 hours when my flight was late where Hertz canceled it even tho both where provided with my flight info.
Old Mar 23, 2012, 1:08 pm

What I am saying is these are the basics that Hertz front line staff cant seem to figure out. It would be as if on all of your airline reservations your FF number would just disapere, and you would not be credited miles. Then you have to figure out on which it happened, spend time calling in, waiting on hold, have the call center agent scratch their head as to what happen, come up with some excuse and promiss to fix it....

6 of 7 rentals with hertz I had to call in
0 of 5 rentals with National...

National even held my rental for 4 hours when my flight was late where Hertz canceled it even tho both where provided with my flight info.
Why do you keep renting from hertz if National treats you so much better?
Old Mar 25, 2012, 7:40 pm

I've had some bad experiences with Hertz in the last year or two myself. Not with customer service as much as bad vehicles themselves. Three times now I've had to return a rental an hour or two after picking it up, because there were mechanical issues with the car. And I've been charged gas all three times as well when I've put less than 20 miles total each time. Unfortunately, I'm in an area where there are slim pickings of other options. Basically Enterprise neighborhood locations as the only other go to. Guess that might be part of the problem, little to no competition, they can afford to not worry about customer loyalty to a brand.
Old Mar 7, 2013, 4:33 am

Programs: US Chairman's Preferred
Originally Posted by Americanada
All this blah blah about 'why do you keep going back if they treat you bad' is missing the point. Obviously if the shots in the head are bad enough a guy will look for another relationship. Well, any way. At least I hope so

Sometimes stuff happens but you really should check the resv Pre-print before you leave the station. Make sure the CDP & FT numbers are showing & the cpn or promo # is present. All of these numbers are on my current Pre-print. Any why spend 20 mins on the tel. Create a Draft in your e-mail and every time they mess up just send a copy of the Draft to Hertz. It should work.

Recently however an inexplicable happened to me. I have 10 resv. sitting at a certain location. 5 of those resv. have a certain CDP # (let's say 111) and the last 5 have another CDP # (let's say 222). On a recent reservation. I was on the 2nd of 10 rentals and while the rental had the correct FT & Promo#s, it had the incorrect CDP # (222). The third, fourth & fifth resv. all came out fine. So, regardless of the perfect service, at the end it all depends on whether the agent knows how to properly pull out a resv.

It's a hassle sometimes but worth the benefit of the extra miles (minus the taxes on certain FF programs - don't forget to account for that cost)
I have a multi-month rental I am supposed to be getting triple miles on, but they only gave me 500 miles for January and February. I kept all the screenshots and paperwork, and the FT, Promo, CDP#, etc. are all correct.

What email address would you suggest sending a letter to? I called Customer Service (oxymoron) 3 times and all they could do was give me an email address of [email protected]. Unfortunately, when you send an email there, all it does is send an automated message asking you to request missing points online. The online form does not let you attach files, or even give a description of the problem.

Can someone give me a good email address to send my info to where a live person might actually try to help me?
Old Mar 7, 2013, 6:14 am

Get real. You could go to Dollar Thrifty....:-)
Old Mar 7, 2013, 7:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by finster869
I have a multi-month rental I am supposed to be getting triple miles on, but they only gave me 500 miles for January and February. I kept all the screenshots and paperwork, and the FT, Promo, CDP#, etc. are all correct.

What email address would you suggest sending a letter to? I called Customer Service (oxymoron) 3 times and all they could do was give me an email address of [email protected]. Unfortunately, when you send an email there, all it does is send an automated message asking you to request missing points online. The online form does not let you attach files, or even give a description of the problem.

Can someone give me a good email address to send my info to where a live person might actually try to help me?
Have you tried using the online form? I'd at least give that a shot. If that doesn't work, then escalate the issue.

-J.
Old Mar 7, 2013, 7:55 am

Programs: US Chairman's Preferred
Originally Posted by jzweighaft
Have you tried using the online form? I'd at least give that a shot. If that doesn't work, then escalate the issue.

-J.
Yes, the online form does not permit you to attach documents or leave lengthy comments (at least the form I was directed to does not). To whom/how would you escalate the issue?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.