Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hertz President's Circle Experiences

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2014, 9:12 pm

Programs: DLDime & MM - Marriott LifePlat - Hertz Prez - Hyatt Dissapointedist
Just a little venting and a slide on over to National... I've been Prez Circle for several years... 5 star for the decade before. Rent 70% from Hertz and 30% National and Avis. I've noticed over the past two years, I seldom get PC service (where they have it), seldom get the one car UG, AND seldom get a competent phone agent... not to mention the ridiculous phone tree to get to an agent. The drop-off team seems about the best thing going for Hertz. Wondered why I put up with higher rates... What has happened to the old Hertz culture of #1? Sold it off? I run a small office of travelers and I've told them to head on over as well... They seemed happy, they were quiet because I loved Hertz.

Guess I felt loyal or that some affection would be displayed. You know, corporations are people too my friend.

Anyway.... time to try National with their easier-to-connect-to phone system, not to mention five for five friendly / helpful phone agents so far. And course much better rates. Looking forward to the results of my status match request. We will see how green the grass is or isn't. Thank you Hertz for some good times, but way too few for this formerly loyal folk. If I come crawling on my knees asking if you'll have me back, I'll hope you will say yes... But right now the grass is really really really green at National!

Last edited by calrick; Nov 6, 2014 at 9:41 pm Reason: Typo
Old Oct 30, 2014, 6:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
PC is certainly not what it used to be as others are observing. Little if any upgrades, and the same service as a standard member.
Old Oct 30, 2014, 12:03 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, WS Gold, Hertz PC, NationalEE, Hyatt Explorist, IHGGold, BW Diamond
Only difference between PC and 5* is extra points

Current program FAQ: Only extra is 25% vs 10% bonus points. If I recall, previously there was difference in upgrades.

I am close to PC, but won't be spending any extra to get there, unless I intend to Status match to National, in which case there could be value in starting 2015 as Executive Elite. BUT, I get much better rates with Hertz than National. Usually at least $100/week cheaper. CND, so OK, $85.

Five Star

How do I earn Five Star status?

To earn Hertz Five Star status, one of the following must be met within the specified 12-month period

7-19 rentals
$1,500 to $3,999 in spending

What are the benefits of Five Star status?

One-car-class upgrades at participating locations to a full-size class vehicle
675 Gold Plus Rewards Points added to your account after every 15 qualifying rentals
10% bonus on Gold Plus Rewards Points on all qualified rentals
Expedited vehicle pick-up at over 1,000 locations worldwide
No stopping at the counter at over 50 airports
Mobile Gold Alerts
eReturn
Freedom to choose a different vehicle on the spot at no extra charge with Hertz Gold Choice
Pay no additional driver fee for a spouse or domestic partner in the U.S.
Discounts on child seats
Earn Gold Plus Rewards Points for free rental days around the word

President's Circle

How do I earn President’s Circle status?

To earn Hertz President’s Circle status, one of the following must be met within the specified 12-month period

· 20 or more rentals
· $4,000 or more in spending

What are the benefits of President’s Circle status?

· One-car-class upgrades at participating locations to a full-size class vehicle
· 675 Gold Plus Rewards Points added to your account after every 15 qualifying rentals
· 25% bonus on Gold Plus Rewards Points on all qualified rentals
· Expedited vehicle pick-up at over 1,000 locations worldwide
· No stopping at the counter at over 50 airports
· Mobile Gold Alerts
· eReturn
· Freedom to choose a different vehicle on the spot at no extra charge with Hertz Gold Choice
· Pay no additional driver fee for a spouse or domestic partner in the U.S.
· Discounts on child seats
· Earn Gold Plus Rewards Points for free rental days around the word
Old Nov 3, 2014, 9:34 am
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
It used to be a guaranteed upgrade as a defined benefit, with the 5* being an upgrade "where available."
Old Nov 4, 2014, 11:21 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, Marriott Life Plat, various others of little note
Originally Posted by pdpgps
They gave me a one class upgrade instantly, but if you don't like what you were given you can go to a hertz rep and have them go through the system to find a car you want. I should've asked for like a 2 or 3 class upgrade to like a BMW or Infiniti, but I was too shy to ask that high. They have TONS of inventory at LAX.
I haven't seen a BMW or similar upgrade as a PC in years. Used to be I would pretty consistently get a nice car, the last couple of times I didn't get any upgrade at all and I was told "none available". The last time I walked, got back on the shuttle and over to national where I got a 300C for a lower rate. I don't know why I keep trying with Hertz, I should just give up and stick with National.

Also at LAX they don't seem to be keeping up with arrivals, the last few times my name has not been on the board and I have to walk into the booth where they tell me they were "too busy".
Old Nov 4, 2014, 7:14 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Boghopper
I haven't seen a BMW or similar upgrade as a PC in years. Used to be I would pretty consistently get a nice car, the last couple of times I didn't get any upgrade at all and I was told "none available". The last time I walked, got back on the shuttle and over to national where I got a 300C for a lower rate. I don't know why I keep trying with Hertz, I should just give up and stick with National.
I've gotten a few Infinities and decently high-end cars, but it always depends on the location (as in certain locations are consistent about good upgrades, and others are consistently bad...).
Old Nov 6, 2014, 5:59 am

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Originally Posted by thewayofthefuture
CMH is a uniquely-run franchise location and they are very rigid about their upgrades. I've just stopped asking.
I^ CMH is one of my least favorite Hertz locations. Service and perks for PC are pretty much non-existent.
Old Nov 6, 2014, 6:03 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
So far my Hertz Presidents Circle experience solely consists of everyone thanking me for being a PC member. My cars have not been in the PC area/slots and the cars I've received have been very high mileage (had a car with 55k miles this week!). So really no change other than everyone smiling at me and thanking me. I'd prefer less thanks and lower mileage cars in the PC spots without making me walk across the lot to the furthest spot. Locations have included BWI, JFK and SAN.
Old Jan 13, 2015, 3:30 pm

Programs: MR PLT, HH Blue, DL, CO, Avis Preferred, Hertz President Circle, National Emerald, IHG, Omni GLD
My PC upgrade today was chevy Sonic with 58K miles on it... (I reserved a compact and got a compact... they were about to give me a Chevy Spark but I refused as they were downgrading me to a Economy) I don't understand their guaranteed upgrade policy.
Old Jan 13, 2015, 3:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by fandresva
My PC upgrade today was chevy Sonic with 58K miles on it... (I reserved a compact and got a compact... they were about to give me a Chevy Spark but I refused as they were downgrading me to a Economy) I don't understand their guaranteed upgrade policy.
Lol. Maybe a YB Chevy Sonic?

That said, the Sonic isn't bad for what it is, especially if it is decently equipped. You could do a lot worse.

-J.
Old Jan 14, 2015, 4:48 pm

Programs: HH diamond, Hyatt diamond, *wood plat, Delta Diamond 4th yr, SWA A List
Hertz President's Circle Experience

I'm Pres Club with Hertz. No visible perks. Yesterday my upgrade was a Prius. Hmm. Seldom is my car in the designated PC area.
Old Jan 15, 2015, 5:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
LAS last week I reserved a compact (B) and got a total pos Mazda 2. I'm not sure how that thing was considered compact and not economy. So much for the 'upgrades' as PC. Plenty of cars available in the lot too.
Old Jan 15, 2015, 3:40 pm

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
Pretty useless nowadays, better strategy is to book cheap and negotiate(which is a pain in the ... most the time too).
Old Jan 15, 2015, 4:09 pm

Programs: Hertz PC
I've only ever been Gold, but I get upgrades a lot so I'm content. I rent for 2/3 of the year but my rentals only total about 4-6 per year. So I don't qualify for PC even though I easily spend over $7k per year.

The free upgrade wouldn't help me anyway as I mostly only rent Q4+... The bonus points would be nice though.
Old Jan 15, 2015, 4:44 pm

Programs: DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, Hertz Prez Circle, National Exec
I got "upgraded" to a Nissan Versa this week (I've switched almost all my rentals to National but still have PC via Delta's promotion). Hertz is doing its best to go thoroughly downmarket these days.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.