Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Will this count as consecutive day rental and disqualify airline miles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2015, 10:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA LTP, AA LTG, DL Plat, Marriott LTT, HH Diamond

I'm expecting to turn in a Hertz rental car (w DL) on a Sunday night in Newark, probably late like 11:30 PM, and then pick up another one Monday night, say 9:30 PM, also for DL miles.

Most of my experience is with Avis, and I think this might be considered a back-to-back rental and ineligible for rewards, but I'm not really sure there and I'm certainly not sure as it applied to Hertz.

Anyone know the policy on this?

FTF
Old Sep 20, 2015, 10:17 pm

Programs: Global Entry, United Silver, Marriott Platinum Premier, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by FullTimeFlyer
I'm expecting to turn in a Hertz rental car (w DL) on a Sunday night in Newark, probably late like 11:30 PM, and then pick up another one Monday night, say 9:30 PM, also for DL miles.

Most of my experience is with Avis, and I think this might be considered a back-to-back rental and ineligible for rewards, but I'm not really sure there and I'm certainly not sure as it applied to Hertz.

Anyone know the policy on this?

FTF
I do back to back rentals weekly (currently with Alamo). Return a car on Saturday and immediately pick up another car. I have yet to be denied rewards (Southwest), and collect 2400 points a week. The issue is "simultaneous" rentals. You're probably fine.
Old Sep 21, 2015, 2:05 pm
Original Poster

Thanks, flyerfmaz, I appreciate the response.

Does anyone have specific knowledge or experience with Hertz they can add to this, since Alamo is a different chain?

Easiest to leave things the way they are but it would cost me a lot of DL miles if the second rental did not count - only realized the question after I had made my arrangements...
Old Sep 23, 2015, 8:15 am

Programs: Global Entry, United Silver, Marriott Platinum Premier, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by FullTimeFlyer
Thanks, flyerfmaz, I appreciate the response.

Does anyone have specific knowledge or experience with Hertz they can add to this, since Alamo is a different chain?
Forgot to mention that I did back-to-back weekly rentals with Hertz (before switching to Alamo) and always got the weekly points. Hertz was very slow to post the points, but I did get them.
Old Sep 28, 2015, 7:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
I recently returned a Hertz car on Saturday morning and picked up another Hertz car on the evening of the same day from the same airport and got both lots of miles. Worth it as they were on the UA offer so we were talking reasonable amounts of miles.
Old Oct 1, 2015, 7:16 pm
Original Poster

Thanks, lhrsfo.

in the end, caution plus the realization that I could sneak a 1-day, 1000-mile Avis rental in between 2 Hertz rentals made me do that.

But it's really good to know I've got this option too, since I'll be back looking into this again soon.

FTF

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.