Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Disappointing PC #1 Gold Customer Service

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2012, 9:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: United 1K, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Disappointing PC #1 Gold Customer Service

I completed a status match earlier this year which provided me with President's Circle status. I have been National Executive Elite for the past 5 years.

I must say, the staff I have experienced at all the locations I rented were great, especially Hayden airport. I received an upgraded car every rental as well.

My complaint comes with the way the program works. In my profile, I have Reward Points selected as my method for reward. I noticed that none of my rentals this year have accumulated any reward points, but I am being credited airline miles.

I wrote to Hertz #1 Gold and received a response that I requested airline miles as my preference. After clarification, it seems that my travel agent (whom I don't speak with, only use the internet service) requests that mileage credit be given for my rental.

The customer service rep at Hertz #1 Gold indicates that whatever the travel agent request overrides my profile choice. What??

I have asked for them to remove the mileage credit and credit me with reward points and they are unwilling to do so because "I" choose to receive airline miles during my reserveration.

I am extremely disappointed in the customer service and will be moving all my rentals back to National and EuroCar. As you can see by my profile, I am quite loyal to one brand and was giving Hertz a shot...too bad they failed as the service at the rental location was on par with National.

Anyone experience anything similar?
Old Apr 13, 2012, 12:52 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
To me it makes perfect sense that a request made at the time of the rental over rides a profile selection. My profile is set for a certain car type and to decline fuel.

If I'm someplace and want to choose a different car type and not decline fuel, those selections should override whatever the profile says.

It's the same thing with earning points or miles.

Your beef is with your travel agent, not with Hertz.
Old Apr 13, 2012, 3:48 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

You issue seems to be with your travel agent rather than Hertz. You or "YOUR" travel agent elected to override the default profile setting and request airline credit instead of Hertz points

I would be more concerned with the system if overrides were not being applied correctly

Customer service seem to have accurately explained why you have not received the points which is, I would say, exactly what good customer service should do. No mistakes have been made by Hertz and there is nothing for them to fix

People need to be prepared to accept responsibility for their ( direct or delegated ) actions rather than accuse companies of bad customer service
Old Apr 14, 2012, 4:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United 1K, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite, Hertz President's Circle
I guess I am just used to National.

5-years ago, when I joined National Emerald Club and was just starting my traveling career, I did not know that my profile was set-up for Airline Miles and not Free Day Credits.

At the end of the year, I looked at my account to see how many free days I had (I should have had 7) and there were 0. I called the Executive Elite line and asked why I didn't have any free days. They informed me that my profile was set up for miles and not free days and if I would like them to change it. I indicated I would like it changed to free days and they said, "okay, I have changed that for you and you should now see 7 free rental days in your account."

To me, that is good customer service.

Now, I agree with you that the problem does in fact lie with my travel agent. Being it was an event that happened in the past Hertz could fix it if they wanted to, but chooses not to.

I must have some merit if the customer service agent escalated my request to management.
Old Apr 20, 2012, 5:02 am

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Originally Posted by 91StealthES
I guess I am just used to National.

5-years ago, when I joined National Emerald Club and was just starting my traveling career, I did not know that my profile was set-up for Airline Miles and not Free Day Credits.

At the end of the year, I looked at my account to see how many free days I had (I should have had 7) and there were 0. I called the Executive Elite line and asked why I didn't have any free days. They informed me that my profile was set up for miles and not free days and if I would like them to change it. I indicated I would like it changed to free days and they said, "okay, I have changed that for you and you should now see 7 free rental days in your account."

To me, that is good customer service.

Now, I agree with you that the problem does in fact lie with my travel agent. Being it was an event that happened in the past Hertz could fix it if they wanted to, but chooses not to.

I must have some merit if the customer service agent escalated my request to management.
Obviously, you belong at National.... Don't fight it, it is inevitable!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.