Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New hertz cars finally!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2011, 9:12 pm

Programs: UA Gold, CM Platinum, Marriott Gold
babyboy754, Mercedes GL450 are XFAR, right?

But on Hertz website it says Mercedes GL450 or similar. What is the similar?
Old Aug 16, 2011, 12:02 am
Original Poster

It's a mistake. It's a bookable car.
Old Aug 16, 2011, 3:01 am

Programs: AA EXP, United PS, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Amtrak
Is the Malibu still classed as F?

How common are the Grand Cherokees? I would like to see more of these in the fleet.

Thanks for all of your info!
Old Aug 16, 2011, 7:50 am

Some family members are visiting MLB in central FL. It does sound like, at least in FL, Hertz is indeed getting new cars.

I heard MLB had about two dozen cars in the Hertz lot. Most had no front license plate, meaning they were likely new FL cars. There were a handful with front plates, meaning out of state inbound one-ways. Of those, it was mostly the new orange NY ones. So they were probably leftovers from last fall's FL drivein.
Old Aug 17, 2011, 10:24 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DeltaWings
Is the Malibu still classed as F?

How common are the Grand Cherokees? I would like to see more of these in the fleet.

Thanks for all of your info!

Malibus's are still fullsize. We don't have many cherokee's. More should be on the way. For example we have 500 turnbacks(lease returns) at Ft. lauderdale airport from gm only. So that's 500 more new cars we're getting. No telling what new cars we're getting from other companies. Haven't asked any managers yet.
Old Aug 18, 2011, 9:06 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Onepass, SPG, AA Advantage, Southwest RR, Avis President,
Originally Posted by babyboy754
The ex odyssey's have leather and sunroofs. I like the new town&country better. They don't have leather but the inside is so much more classier than the sienna. The town&country also have back up camera,blind spot monitor system and back up sensors.
Where do they carry the Odyssey? I have been renting out of the NYC area airports quite often and have never once seen any odyssey, nevermind with leather and sunroof.
Old Aug 18, 2011, 9:25 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by yubier
Where do they carry the Odyssey? I have been renting out of the NYC area airports quite often and have never once seen any odyssey, nevermind with leather and sunroof.

Well we had a few new ones down in south florida. The weird thing about it is they had tennessee tags. The one I saw before came from nebraska.
Old Aug 18, 2011, 10:04 am

That's interesting. Around last Christmas, another poster said they got a brand new Cadillac DTS at Hertz MIA with only 7 mi, yet TN plates. A few days ago, someone in the Avis forum said they got a brand new Yukon at MIA, with 200 mi, and TN plates.

You'd think the out of state cars from inbound one-ways would have more mileage than ones that were in-fleeted locally. Did the vans from TN and NE also have paradoxically low mileage?

Maybe the new cars were given tags from out of state cars that were decommissioned in south FL? Or they theoretically could have been in-serviced in another state and immediately shipped to FL, but that sounds expensive.
Old Aug 18, 2011, 10:14 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Auto Enthusiast
That's interesting. Around last Christmas, another poster said they got a brand new Cadillac DTS at Hertz MIA with only 7 mi, yet TN plates. A few days ago, someone in the Avis forum said they got a brand new Yukon at MIA, with 200 mi, and TN plates.

You'd think the out of state cars from inbound one-ways would have more mileage than ones that were in-fleeted locally. Did the vans from TN and NE also have paradoxically low mileage?

Maybe the new cars were given tags from out of state cars that were decommissioned in south FL? Or they theoretically could have been in-serviced in another state and immediately shipped to FL, but that sounds expensive.

Don't get me wrong,they are brand new cars. They just have out of state tags. I'm thinking the tax,tag,and titles are cheaper with some states. Just like the regal's and cts wagons and most of our gm cars, have tennessee tags.
Old Aug 18, 2011, 10:50 am

The NE one was probably a one-way. When I visited Omaha, the locals had cars with MO plates parked in their driveways. The rental car agencies were mostly across the Missouri River in Council Bluffs, IA.

The hotel airport shuttle driver explained that Nebraska has a will tax on car registrations, which a lot of people try to escape. Missouri has relatively lenient requirements for registration and residency setup. The meandering flow of the Missouri River means the airport approach road crosses from NE to IA, then back to NE, so it coincidentally works in the rental companies' favor.
Old Aug 19, 2011, 11:00 am

Programs: DL Silver, AA Gold
Originally Posted by Auto Enthusiast
It's the former. Hertz can ship license plates and registration a lot cheaper than they can ship cars.
Old Aug 19, 2011, 2:14 pm

Hey everyone,

I'm interested in reserving either a Mercedes E-Class sedan or a Mercedes GL450 from the Orlando International Airport this October (both are available for booking), but I can't seem to get any reliable answers from Hertz' customer service regarding the factory options on either of those cars at that particular location. Who can I contact that can actually answer this question for me? The people at the Orlando office don't seem to have a clue of whether either car has any optional packages, and consistently just forward me to their national customer service department that also doesn't know. I left a message for the manager at that location, but have so far not received a callback.

Basically, I just want to know if either car will come with the optional xenon headlights, a factory NAV system rather than Hertz' NeverLost system, and another other additional amenities that the base models for those vehicles wouldn't otherwise come with. From some of the above responses, it seems it's hit or miss with various locations on whether they come with additional factory packages or not.

Thanks for your help in advance.
Old Aug 24, 2011, 9:45 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bdeitemeyer
Hey everyone,

I'm interested in reserving either a Mercedes E-Class sedan or a Mercedes GL450 from the Orlando International Airport this October (both are available for booking), but I can't seem to get any reliable answers from Hertz' customer service regarding the factory options on either of those cars at that particular location. Who can I contact that can actually answer this question for me? The people at the Orlando office don't seem to have a clue of whether either car has any optional packages, and consistently just forward me to their national customer service department that also doesn't know. I left a message for the manager at that location, but have so far not received a callback.

Basically, I just want to know if either car will come with the optional xenon headlights, a factory NAV system rather than Hertz' NeverLost system, and another other additional amenities that the base models for those vehicles wouldn't otherwise come with. From some of the above responses, it seems it's hit or miss with various locations on whether they come with additional factory packages or not.

Thanks for your help in advance.

premium package 1. Neverlost is standard.
Old Apr 20, 2012, 7:55 am

Nissan Quest

Are the new Nissan Quests equipped with the dual sunroof and leather?
Old Apr 20, 2012, 8:33 am

Programs: Hertz 5*, United Gold (Soon to be gone), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by gabrielsreign
Are the new Nissan Quests equipped with the dual sunroof and leather?
Very unlikely. Might find a few in the fleet, but more uncommon than common.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.