Search

New hertz cars finally!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2011, 12:23 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hertz PC
Mercedes GL450

Hi babyboy754!

Thanks for the headsup on the new cars!

Can you tell anything on the options on the Mercedes GL450?

Do they come with...
Navigation, Powerliftgate (Premium Package 1)
Harman Kardon Soundsystem (Premium Package 2)
LED daytime running lights and Xenon headlights (Lighting Package)
Full leather package
Parking sensors

Probably I was just mentioning much too many options and they are base modells just like most of the GLKs...

Thanks again!

Frank
Old Jun 4, 2011, 6:57 am

Originally Posted by babyboy754
Hertz in south florida has the fiesta and mazda 2's. The lacrosses are also yh now.
I saw one tan/beige Mazda2 with Hertz barcodes on the road in northern NJ, with NY plates. Hopefully there will be more. I'm also now seeing more of the new body style Mazda3 around here. But a lot of them look tired and worn already, and most of them seem to have FL plates. I haven't yet seen any Hertz Fiestas. Hopefully that will change, too.
Old Jun 5, 2011, 12:35 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Wolf
Hi babyboy754!

Thanks for the headsup on the new cars!

Can you tell anything on the options on the Mercedes GL450?

Do they come with...
Navigation, Powerliftgate (Premium Package 1)
Harman Kardon Soundsystem (Premium Package 2)
LED daytime running lights and Xenon headlights (Lighting Package)
Full leather package
Parking sensors

Probably I was just mentioning much too many options and they are base modells just like most of the GLKs...

Thanks again!

Frank

They have the 1st premium package. Might have 2 also but can double check for you.
Old Jun 5, 2011, 12:37 am
Original Poster

For the minivan families we have the new odyssey and nissan quest now also. We're getting new cars everyday now.
Old Jun 5, 2011, 9:56 am

Good to hear. I also noticed some more new cars at my HLE.

By the way, if Hertz wants some tips about offering lower prices, RQ DRIVE was a very popular promotion. Do you think Hertz will bring it back?
Old Jun 5, 2011, 5:02 pm
Original Poster

Haven't heard anything about it. Can't really a answer because I'm not sure about it and don't wanna get anybody's hopes up.
Old Jun 6, 2011, 2:02 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hertz PC
@babyboy754

Thanks for doublechecking on the options - your help is highly appreciated!

@all

On a personal note I don't understand how hertz could miss out on the parkingsensors on luxury cars: It would be a great investment because it would save a lot of (avoidable) repair costs... Surely they will not always find a costumer to pay for the damages?!

Frank

Last edited by Wolf; Jun 6, 2011 at 2:11 am
Old Jun 6, 2011, 9:32 am

Programs: DL Silver, AA Gold
For the minivan families we have the new odyssey and nissan quest now also. We're getting new cars everyday now.
I hope they keep getting Dodge/Chrysler/VW vans though; the only reason I rent minivans is for the Stow & Go cargo area.
Old Jun 6, 2011, 6:43 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Wolf
@babyboy754

Thanks for doublechecking on the options - your help is highly appreciated!

@all

On a personal note I don't understand how hertz could miss out on the parkingsensors on luxury cars: It would be a great investment because it would save a lot of (avoidable) repair costs... Surely they will not always find a costumer to pay for the damages?!

Frank

@ Wolf
Some have the harmon kardon system and some don't. It's not a problem. When I'm not at work and rent cars I am to a customer. So I know how it feels to be on both sides of the fence.
Old Jun 7, 2011, 3:14 am

Programs: UA, AA, BA, National EE, Hertz President Circle, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Marriot Silver
are any of the models with leather seats etc?

I like the best the Toyota sienna, comes with a backup camera
Old Jun 7, 2011, 9:55 am

By the way, more advice about lower prices:

It looks like all the rental companies check each other's rates and try to price themselves accordingly. However, different companies seem to have different ways of thwarting accurate automated comparisons.

Ex, When Hertz had RQ DRIVE, those rates wouldn't show up on Orbitz, etc. unless a customer knew to enter it on Hertz's website.

Dollar's "City Specials" likewise require a customer to click the banner on Dollar's website. So if Hertz's computer checking system sees Dollar's price of, say, $70/day, Hertz might price their cars at $62/day. But what Hertz's computer might not realize is clicking the Dollar banner gives a City Special of $55/day.

Another example is that Hertz's AAA 10% discount rate tends to come in slightly below the regular National retail rate. But the customer is likely a member of both #1 Club and Emerald Club. If the customer enters the generic Emerald Club number, the 15% discount could result in the new National price dropping below the Hertz price.

So if Hertz really wants more customers, it would be clever to design a more accurate computer program that checks their competitors' rates using combinations that retail customers are more likely to actually see.
Old Jun 7, 2011, 10:08 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by fresar
are any of the models with leather seats etc?

I like the best the Toyota sienna, comes with a backup camera

The ex odyssey's have leather and sunroofs. I like the new town&country better. They don't have leather but the inside is so much more classier than the sienna. The town&country also have back up camera,blind spot monitor system and back up sensors.
Old Jun 12, 2011, 11:30 am

I was happy to see BMW 1 series in the Hertz Germany fleet. (Now if they were only actually bookable... ) I might even suggest that this car has edged out my favoured Golf diesel (although the BMW 1 series diesel doesn't seem to get as good fuel economy as the VW)

Hopefully Hertz will dump the Mercedes A Klasse in favour of this car.
Old Jun 14, 2011, 10:01 am
Original Poster

I know some locations have these but we just got a few new m37's.
Old Jun 17, 2011, 11:24 am
Original Poster

Got some grand cherokee's. They have the hemi's. The lacrosses and I-4's and V6's. Same as the malibu's. The chargers are the base se model and the rallye(think it's spelled like this). Some more fiesta's came also.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.