Wiki Posts
Search

5* Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2011, 11:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Gold, National Exec, Hertz 5*
5* Upgrade

I am a 5* member (I know, its worth about 2 cents these days) and I have a one day Sat-Sun rental at LAS next month. Its booked on a reward redemption 1 weekend day for a midsize car. I'm looking to drive something real nice however, basically anything from the prestige collection. Am I able to pay for an upgrade on an award booking? In addition, what would be a reasonable figure to pay for an E350 MB or a Cad Escalade?
Old Sep 30, 2011, 5:28 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by nwaaok
I am a 5* member (I know, its worth about 2 cents these days) and I have a one day Sat-Sun rental at LAS next month. Its booked on a reward redemption 1 weekend day for a midsize car. I'm looking to drive something real nice however, basically anything from the prestige collection. Am I able to pay for an upgrade on an award booking? In addition, what would be a reasonable figure to pay for an E350 MB or a Cad Escalade?
Search is always your friend. This is an older thread but may provide a useful guidepost http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hertz...ibilities.html. I would just go to the booth and ask what vehicles they have available and if there any up-sell offers.
Old Sep 30, 2011, 5:04 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by UAPremExecflyer
I would just go to the booth and ask what vehicles they have available and if there any up-sell offers.
It might be better to split that into two, non-consecutive questions.

Last edited by dayone; Oct 1, 2011 at 3:31 pm Reason: Typo.
Old Oct 1, 2011, 4:22 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by dayone
It might be beter to split that into two, non-consecutive questions.
And it might be better if you spelt or spelled (depending on your preference) correctly.

Last edited by UAPremExecflyer; Oct 1, 2011 at 4:24 am Reason: added "or spelled"
Old Oct 1, 2011, 3:31 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by UAPremExecflyer
And it might be better if you spelt or spelled (depending on your preference) correctly.
Thanks for alerting me to my error (now fixed). Your error was mistaking a misspelling for a typo.

From the Urban Dictionary:

Typo [ˈtaɪpəʊ]
n pl -pos

1. The one instance of a particular word in what you've written that will bring out stampeding herds of duh-weebs to point out to you the correct spelling of the word.

Last edited by dayone; Oct 2, 2011 at 8:44 pm Reason: Clarity.
Old Oct 2, 2011, 8:14 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Hertz 5*
Yes you can pay to upgrade an award booking.
My guess to upgrade to a prestige would be anywhere from 50-100 per day (I paid 75 last week to upgrade to a corvette)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.