Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs/Partners > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Sign in using an external account

Old Dec 23, 10, 2:57 am   #1

Programs: AB Gold, A3*G, HH Gold
Miscellaneous Location Fee?

I've got a booking for a 10 day, 1 way rental from SF (550 O'Farrell St) to PDX in July. I'm using the ABA CDP which gives me 15% off, LDW included and no young driver fee. I've also got the reservation to price without a drop fee by selecting a Camry Hybrid.

Anyway, the reservation also lists a "Miscellaneous Location Fee" of unknown amount possibly payable at the counter. Can anyone explain what this is and how much it it likely to be? I'd rather not change the rate I've got but I don't want to be hit with a massive fee at pick up time.
*A Flyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 11, 8:42 pm   #2

Programs: UA gold, AA gold, VA gold, AF gold, status matching is awesome
OK, I have the same question. I did a search, and came up with two people asking about "Miscellaneous Location Fee", and nobody answering. Which is a pity, cuz I just got quoted a really good rate but it may have a Miscellaneous Location Fee attached.

I'm going to assume, from the fact that there aren't huge threads complaining about crazy miscellaneous location fees, that they don't actually exist?
Jorgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 13, 8:27 am   #3

Just booked a one-way from San Francisco and was also wondering about this. Like the previous poster, I was unable to find anything definitive, but assume that the charge is nominal at worst. But how does Hertz think it is a good business practice to scare people planning to make reservations with something like that?
NoName678 is offline   Reply With Quote