Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Discount Discussion - Discuss PCs, RQs, CDPs

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Discount Discussion - Discuss PCs, RQs, CDPs

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2010, 1:17 am

Programs: GF Black
Exclamation

ok, this is really weird
but I have just noticed that when I apply a discount code (any) affliated with Trip It / FFP, my rate goes up by a 10%, not less!!
ok, any reason for this? Upon removing the code, its lesser than given by a 10%!!
Old Nov 24, 2010, 10:08 am

Hertz is doing a FL drivein right now, from areas of the Northeast typically interested to go. They apparently took a cue from National/Alamo and made the one-way special the rate, rather than having to also add RQ 1way. This eliminates the computer glitches that sometimes occurred in the past with adding RQ 1way.
Old Dec 2, 2010, 10:18 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, Amex Plat
Discount Codes for Australia?

Hi Guys,

Couldnt find any discount codes/rates/deals for Sydney - has anyone seen anything worth sharing? Many thanks.
Old Dec 6, 2010, 12:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hertz/1107809-hertz-coupons-discount-discussion.html

How does one book a AAA Hertz rental? I don't see a AAA option on the website.
Old Dec 6, 2010, 1:12 pm

Originally Posted by UA Fan
How does one book a AAA Hertz rental? I don't see a AAA option on the website.
The best way is aaa.com/hertz (allows Promotional codes, Gold number, et al) which generally gives you better rates than the second way - putting your club code in the CDP area on hertz.com
Old Dec 6, 2010, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Originally Posted by lowfareair
The best way is aaa.com/hertz (allows Promotional codes, Gold number, et al) which generally gives you better rates than the second way - putting your club code in the CDP area on hertz.com
Thanks.
Old Dec 11, 2010, 12:43 pm

Programs: AA 'kettle', Marriott Gold, ICH Gld, Hertz 5*
Tried 151034 in combo with AAA cdp for 12/16-20 at ABE (Allentown, PA) and got a mid-size for about 11.00 per day all-in. Some posters in the coupon thread had noted 151034 not working for December dates at some stations so I thought I'd post an anecdote. Got the full 40.00 off. Not bad
Old Dec 12, 2010, 10:15 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat, UA Silver, Delta Silver
I'm looking for a rental in LAS for 1/13 to 1/20 in January 2011.

When I use PC 151034 the weekly rate of my rental goes up slightly for all classes. What's the deal with this?
Old Dec 13, 2010, 5:56 pm
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
Trying to find a Hertz discount for 12/24-12/27 in ROA.

Each time I try a code... the price actually goes up. I am also an AAA member if that helps.
Old Dec 13, 2010, 6:08 pm

Programs: UA 1MM Premier 1K, Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium/ LT
Originally Posted by wharvey

Each time I try a code... the price actually goes up. I am also an AAA member if that helps.
I assume you have tried to book on the AAA website, after logging in so your membership shows? There are several coupons listed on the site that require Saturday "keeps" which you have, but I don't know if any are for less then 4 days.

I just did a last-minute booking for FL on AAA, and the best rates by far through AAA were from AVIS with a coupon - so much for the Hertz/AAA connection.
Old Dec 14, 2010, 7:15 pm
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
Yeah... I could not get a single coupon to work... in fact, usually raised the price from what I was getting without the discount... went to www.aaa.com/hertz.
Old Dec 15, 2010, 2:15 pm

There is one going on right now but only good through Sunday...PC#151200 and it gives you 40% off!
Old Dec 16, 2010, 8:24 pm

Programs: HH: Diamond, WofH: Globalist, UA: 1k, Longterm member only post when I have something new to ask/say
Originally Posted by travelgirl68
There is one going on right now but only good through Sunday...PC#151200 and it gives you 40% off!
Has anyone got this to work? I keep being told it won't work on my reservation, and this is despite trying different locations, cars, etc. Where are the terms and conditions that tell you where it does work?
Old Dec 16, 2010, 9:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cordelli
Just another set of data points as to the cost differences for the same car, same weekend, same location. Friday to Monday, midsize car:

Priced through the Hertz website - No Discounts applied - $269.82
Priced through the Hertz website using the AAA CDP - $192.85
Priced through the AAA website, no other discounts - $152.52
Priced through AAA website, clicked on the $10 a day coupon - $121.59

Pretty compelling example of the value of AAA membership if you rent cars, and why it's sometimes better to go through the AAA site instead of Hertz
I tried to book a car on AAA South website as logged in member. However I do not see where it lists the AAA CDP, nor anywhere I can enter a coupon code to try, all the way up to the page where to enter the driver information and trip contact information, there is no box anywhere to allow coupon code entry.

Could you guys enlighten me how to do this? Also what is the AAA CDP ?

I am trying to book a car at KOA between March 7 and 14.

EDIT:

I found it using More Search Option. The AAA CDP is listed as 014. However none of the coupon codes I found on this thread makes any difference?!

OK, Further EDIT:

I see why no discount effect - it seems all the PC codes expire on 12/31/10. There is no new PC code covering March. I guess I have to wait till they come out after January 1st.

Last edited by Happy; Dec 16, 2010 at 9:23 pm
Old Dec 19, 2010, 10:46 pm

Programs: Amtrak Select Plus, HHonors Diamond, AA Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by wharvey

I checked your rental dates and you can save 10% if you use this CDP: 1634574.

Hope that helps!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.