Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Discount Discussion - Discuss PCs, RQs, CDPs

Discount Discussion - Discuss PCs, RQs, CDPs

Old Dec 23, 2010, 10:56 am

Discounts on AAA Rentals (especially in Europe)

Originally Posted by cordelli
Just another set of data points as to the cost differences for the same car, same weekend, same location. Friday to Monday, midsize car:

Priced through the Hertz website - No Discounts applied - $269.82
Priced through the Hertz website using the AAA CDP - $192.85
Priced through the AAA website, no other discounts - $152.52
Priced through AAA website, clicked on the $10 a day coupon - $121.59

Pretty compelling example of the value of AAA membership if you rent cars, and why it's sometimes better to go through the AAA site instead of Hertz
AAA does give great deals with Hertz - yay! Some useful things to know (based on speaking to a couple reps and some experimenting with bookings). Rates through the AAA website often easily beat all deals and coupon combinations and other rental companies - in particular for Europe.

When you book through the AAA website, the reservation system automatically inserts a rate code into the reservation, although for some reason the RC does not show up in the RC box on the reservation form. You will see the RC however on the e-mail confirmation. These rate codes are internet only. Phone agents don't have them. For example, the AAANY currently prices rentals in Europe using WEXWMC as a RC.

Important - when pricing through the AAA website, if you put in a Hertz #1 club/Gold number in anywhere on the form, doing so will kick the AAA rate code out of the system and you will be booked at a higher rate - unless - you manually enter the AAA rate code into the reservation.

I have found the AAA internet RC to work when pricing through the Hertz site. However you have to put the RC in along with the AAA CDP code.

Final caveat - don't expect to get away with using a AAA RC if you don't belong to AAA. I have been asked a number of times for my AAA card at the counter.
Old Jan 1, 2011, 4:10 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hertz Gold
Best price I can get is 355 for a week rental with aaa for an xterra. Need a 4wd in Msp, Jan 12-19. Ideas on getting it any cheaper?

Thanks,
Woody
Old Jan 3, 2011, 4:22 pm

When will Hertz post coupons that would cover a Feb 26th-March 24th rental?

Most of the current US coupons expire in early Feb, so I assume they'll be posting new ones soon?
Old Jan 4, 2011, 2:56 pm

Programs: AA Gold,WN CP, UAL Premier,HH Diamond, ChoicePriv Dmnd
Does anybody have a Hertz Business Advantage Program Free Rental Day certificate lying around?
My company has run out of them and I need to reserve a car in Italy using the PC# off of the certificate. We should be getting more in the mail next month, but I need to make a reservation now.
I know the PC# for U.S. reservations is 36713. Can anybody tell me what the PC# is for reservations in Europe?
Old Jan 10, 2011, 10:13 am

Question How do I sign-up for birthday discount?

Originally Posted by apollo_liumin
i just received the same offer of 200 bonus... why different?

Drive off with a birthday bonus
of 200 Hertz #1 Awards® Points!
I've been a Gold member for a couple of years and still haven't received any of these birthday bonus emails. Does anyone know what I need to do to get these?

Thanks!
Old Jan 11, 2011, 11:13 am

Booking a one-day rental in LA with a pretty good CDP code from my company.

Can I stack a mileage promo on top of my company's CDP code, or must I use the airline's CDP code in order to qualify for the promo?

Can I stack a discount coupon if I find one?

Thanks!
Old Jan 11, 2011, 5:50 pm

Originally Posted by FTnewbie731
Booking a one-day rental in LA with a pretty good CDP code from my company.

Can I stack a mileage promo on top of my company's CDP code, or must I use the airline's CDP code in order to qualify for the promo?

Can I stack a discount coupon if I find one?

Thanks!
Generally you can stack a mileage promo as long as your company allows you to collect frequent flyer points (the airline CDP is irrelevant most of the time). I don't know about the discount coupons, usually yes but I've heard occasionally that they aren't allowed with specific CDPs.

Also try aaa.com/hertz if you are a AAA member; they have some of the best discounts I have seen.
Old Jan 11, 2011, 9:12 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold since '02, Hertz President's Circle since '07
Originally Posted by lowfareair
Generally you can stack a mileage promo as long as your company allows you to collect frequent flyer points (the airline CDP is irrelevant most of the time). I don't know about the discount coupons, usually yes but I've heard occasionally that they aren't allowed with specific CDPs.
You can always enter 1 CDP and 1 PC. If the PC is not compatible with the CDP the computer will tell you.

The PC could be a mileage promo, a discount, an upgrade, etc., but you can never use more than one PC. So, you can "stack" CDP + PC, but you can't stack PC + PC.

That's why we here don't like the way they used to do 1, 2, free, because it required a PC which meant you couldn't get any other promos. The new 1, 2, free is by registering online.

Oh, and there is also a rate code (RQ) you can enter. Some people here use them every now and then, but in hundreds of rentals I've never found any use for them myself.
Old Jan 14, 2011, 10:54 am

Programs: AA Plat (2mm), SPG Gold
Originally Posted by calbear94
CDP 1895378-- saved over $100 on a weekly rental off of the ABA rate
I got a great rate with this CDP code. It comes up as CXMENTERPRISES. What's the story with that?
Old Jan 18, 2011, 4:49 pm
wth

Programs: 2011 Air: AA (Plat) UA (Prem); Hotel: HGP (Dia), HH (Dia), KIT (IC); Car: HZ (PC) AF
Hertz #1 Gold Services When Using AAA Site for Booking

Thanks to all for the heads up on getting better rates booking via AAA site vs. Hertz. I've already found some savings vs. existing reservations.

I had a couple of further questions that I don't recall being addressed.

If you provide your Hertz #1 account number with the AAA reservation, do you automatically receive your usual #1 Club Gold express services? The WA AAA site doesn't ask for billing info. Can I count on that following through based on my Hertz # and still avail of the express pick up or do I have to stop by the counter? And my preference is to earn #1 Points. Does that automatically carry through? Lastly does the reservation made via AAA ever show up on hertz.com (again, if you provide H#1 Account)?

I tried to call Hertz Customer Service, but their est. wait times were a little longer than my patience level. I'll probably follow up with them at another time, however, it occurs to me that your actual experience may be as good (better?) of a guide than them.
Old Jan 19, 2011, 5:40 pm

Originally Posted by wheresTWA
I got a great rate with this CDP code. It comes up as CXMENTERPRISES. What's the story with that?
I am also wondering what the deal with this one is. can anybody use these?
Old Jan 26, 2011, 5:46 pm
wth

Programs: 2011 Air: AA (Plat) UA (Prem); Hotel: HGP (Dia), HH (Dia), KIT (IC); Car: HZ (PC) AF
Originally Posted by wth
Thanks to all for the heads up on getting better rates booking via AAA site vs. Hertz. I've already found some savings vs. existing reservations.

I had a couple of further questions that I don't recall being addressed.

If you provide your Hertz #1 account number with the AAA reservation, do you automatically receive your usual #1 Club Gold express services? The WA AAA site doesn't ask for billing info. Can I count on that following through based on my Hertz # and still avail of the express pick up or do I have to stop by the counter? And my preference is to earn #1 Points. Does that automatically carry through? Lastly does the reservation made via AAA ever show up on hertz.com (again, if you provide H#1 Account)?

I tried to call Hertz Customer Service, but their est. wait times were a little longer than my patience level. I'll probably follow up with them at another time, however, it occurs to me that your actual experience may be as good (better?) of a guide than them.

For those that care, I'll answer my own questions:

Basically yes to all of the above. You can retrieve your AAA-made reservation on Hertz' web site provided you include your H#1 account w/ reservation. And it does automatically provide you with H#1 Gold services.

So far it seems to be advantageous to look at AAA's web site when renting from airport locations. My experience to date with HLE's has not been as successful.
Old Jan 27, 2011, 9:37 am
Suspended

Programs: AC*E, PriorityClubPlat, Hertz Gold
Does anyone have these aaa caa codes? I will need to rent an suv in YEG in march. The company pays normal price for a midsize so I am wondering with some coding if I can get the suv withouth paying an arm and a leg personaly...
Old Jan 29, 2011, 5:43 pm

Originally Posted by killer9012
Does anyone have these aaa caa codes? I will need to rent an suv in YEG in march. The company pays normal price for a midsize so I am wondering with some coding if I can get the suv withouth paying an arm and a leg personaly...
It's your club code - for example 212 is the one where I am (Philadelphia area).
Old Feb 3, 2011, 2:53 pm

Looking for Code valid at BKK, any known?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.