Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Discount Discussion - Discuss PCs, RQs, CDPs

Discount Discussion - Discuss PCs, RQs, CDPs

Old Dec 4, 2016, 2:38 am

Programs: CX, AF, UA
Confirming. Same thing for me this morning. Hertz going down the drain?

Hertz had a vague public announcement a while ago saying they would do things to improve their profitability.

Renting different places every week. My experience is Hertz has been increasing their prices over the last 9 months, removing it's PC's, reducing visual CDP price benefit, and starting today it seems cutting its CDP rates from public scrutiny.

Some CDP's still work if you register them in a gold plus profile. I checked. Amex Plat for example 633306 not working for public but working when registered in profile. Today, 633306 in profile is as expensive as the public rate.
In profile I have 3 CDP's I regularly used, for which Hertz now warns they are "invalid". Among them Accor Platinum, with who they have an ongoing status match, and Hilton Diamond. YMMV

Sent a customer service complaint a while ago to Hertz customer service. Over the last year, went from average 14.76 equivalent per day to 28.62 per day for weekly rentals. That is not a normal hike. Hertz said in writing it is privileging better rates without CDP, when booking direct with them without CPD.

15 years of Hertz, Europcar or Avis will get my 2017 rentals.
Old Dec 5, 2016, 4:29 am

Programs: More shiny with hotels than airlines.
Originally Posted by winebug
Same here. I happened to have a rental on Saturday at a local Hertz where the staff knows me. The agent informed me that my account had been flagged by their security audit for having too many CDPs.

It is true that I had many CDPs registered on my account, but all of them were legit (Amex CDP from the card I have registered on my Gold profile for payment, loyalty CDPs like Marriott or Hilton, Flying Blue Platinum -status that I do hold-, aso...)

Logging on my account after receiving this information, I had a message inviting me to delete my CDP. And I cannot book anymore with them. It's grotesque, because I can't even use the CDP from the Amex card I am paying the rental with !
Old Dec 5, 2016, 4:55 am
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Originally Posted by winebug

Hertz had a vague public announcement a while ago saying they would do things to improve their profitability.

Renting different places every week. My experience is Hertz has been increasing their prices over the last 9 months, removing it's PC's, reducing visual CDP price benefit, and starting today it seems cutting its CDP rates from public scrutiny.

Some CDP's still work if you register them in a gold plus profile. I checked. Amex Plat for example 633306 not working for public but working when registered in profile. Today, 633306 in profile is as expensive as the public rate.
In profile I have 3 CDP's I regularly used, for which Hertz now warns they are "invalid". Among them Accor Platinum, with who they have an ongoing status match, and Hilton Diamond. YMMV

Sent a customer service complaint a while ago to Hertz customer service. Over the last year, went from average 14.76 equivalent per day to 28.62 per day for weekly rentals. That is not a normal hike. Hertz said in writing it is privileging better rates without CDP, when booking direct with them without CPD.

15 years of Hertz, Europcar or Avis will get my 2017 rentals.
I tried CDP 633306 (Amex Plat EMEA) just now without logging in at Hertz.com and it worked just fine. Maybe there was some sort of outage when you tried last time?
Old Dec 5, 2016, 4:58 am

Originally Posted by pititom
Same here. I happened to have a rental on Saturday at a local Hertz where the staff knows me. The agent informed me that my account had been flagged by their security audit for having too many CDPs.

It is true that I had many CDPs registered on my account, but all of them were legit (Amex CDP from the card I have registered on my Gold profile for payment, loyalty CDPs like Marriott or Hilton, Flying Blue Platinum -status that I do hold-, aso...)

Logging on my account after receiving this information, I had a message inviting me to delete my CDP. And I cannot book anymore with them. It's grotesque, because I can't even use the CDP from the Amex card I am paying the rental with !
You might want to call Hertz Gold Support at 888-999-4900 and see if they can figure out what's going on. I agree that is a weird situation, and one which I've never heard of before.
Old Dec 5, 2016, 4:59 am

Originally Posted by sokolov
Was there a huge purge of CDPs?

The two CDPs I usually use suddenly don't work any more. One I received from Hertz Austria as part of a special group program, the other I have through a paid membership in Austria's equivalent of the AAA. Then I tried two less attractive ones - one from the back of my Diners Club card, another one from Aegean's (A3) FFP (they have a special CDP for gold members). Same result: The Hertz website rejects them.

What's going on?

I have a VISA one, one from an Entertainment book and a third one from a trade fair - those are not rejected, but give no or hardly any discount.

I'm tempted to book Enterprise, but their website gives me unspecific error messages whatever vehicle I attemtp to pick. I guess I can't win this one. :-/
It's very possible they were doing weekend maintenance which caused some of their systems to go offline. I've seen this sort of thing before. Can you try again and let us know if things look back to normal?
Old Dec 5, 2016, 1:07 pm

Originally Posted by HGHUA
If I use the Amex Plat rate, do I need to actually pay for the rental with that card or will any card be ok? Sorry if this has been asked before. Searched but didn't see it.
You do not need to use your AMEX. You even get the four hours extra if you pay with any other card.
Old Dec 6, 2016, 8:24 pm

I have received word from Hertz that there was a problem and that it has been fixed now.

YMMV

Last edited by sokolov; Dec 10, 2016 at 1:44 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.