Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Discount Discussion - Discuss PCs, RQs, CDPs

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Discount Discussion - Discuss PCs, RQs, CDPs

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2014, 10:28 am

Programs: AA, UA, DL, EY, IHG
Originally Posted by CalItalian
Try 198866. I have used both AAA 15% off pc's without any problem. Combine with your AAA CDP. 198866 is valid until 4/30/15. The 35% is only if the AAA CDP is giving 20% off (15% + 20%)...otherwise "up to" are the key words.
Yeah, I know it's "up to" 35% total. I'm not really trying to make a reservation right now, I just can't get that code to show me any discounts anywhere and it's driving me crazy.

When you say you used "both" AAA 15% off codes, are you saying that you've successfully used 199124, or are you talking about a different code altogether?
Old Oct 12, 2014, 11:35 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by flightexpert
Yeah, I know it's "up to" 35% total. I'm not really trying to make a reservation right now, I just can't get that code to show me any discounts anywhere and it's driving me crazy.

When you say you used "both" AAA 15% off codes, are you saying that you've successfully used 199124, or are you talking about a different code altogether?
I have used 199124 for two completed rentals. No problem. My reservations were at LAX. I have no problem getting 199124 or 198866 to work anytime, anywhere I have tried for future reservations (only exception for 198866 was April 1, 2015 at LAX but it works on March 31, 2015)
Old Oct 12, 2014, 1:46 pm

Programs: AA, UA, DL, EY, IHG
I have used 199124 for two completed rentals. No problem. My reservations were at LAX. I have no problem getting 199124 or 198866 to work anytime, anywhere I have tried for future reservations (only exception for 198866 was April 1, 2015 at LAX but it works on March 31, 2015)
That helped me figure it out. I realized it might be a technical problem on my end, so I updated Flash which was out of date and voila! I'm now seeing discount of $30 a week and up. Thanks!
Old Dec 2, 2014, 9:08 pm

Watch rates now. This afternoon, I noticed an across the board rate increase of appx 15% (and more) for two airports I rent from, LAX and SJC, from what I saw this morning (and have been watching closely for months). This is for all dates from now through the end of December 2015. I made reservations for Christmas of 2015 yesterday (the first date December 2015 was available to book) before the rate increase.

Christmas/New Year's this year, 2014, rates at LAX are just incredibly high. Never seen anything like this. Even though I made reservations almost a year ago closer to a Christmas rental start date, rates (earlier today) were so low in the first half of this month that I'm booking 3 weeks at LAX for less than the price of 2 that I booked nearly a year ago (even though I really don't need the vehicle for 3 weeks). Still low but it's gone up since yesterday (through Dec 15 of this month). I was able to reserve an SFAR for $144.50 per week after AAA PC and CDP.

The Cyber Monday PC that they had up since November 26 was a complete joke. It raised rates 15% and more with any CDP. I used a AAA CDP plus AAA PC that gives 15% and that was my best deal.
Old Dec 23, 2014, 2:01 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite
What does everyone value a free day at? I'm looking to buy a week of free days, and using between the end of the year and the beginning of the new year to avoid the insane prices I get here.
Old Dec 23, 2014, 2:45 pm
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Originally Posted by msp3
What does everyone value a free day at? I'm looking to buy a week of free days, and using between the end of the year and the beginning of the new year to avoid the insane prices I get here.
It really depends on the going rate for the location/dates you're planning to book. It's easy to just price out a sample rental and see what you'd end up paying to get an idea.

It can obviously be a great value this time of year, but keep in mind that if you buy free day certificates, a lot of them have blackout dates, and if they do, you can bet the the week between Xmas the New Year's is blacked out.
Old Jan 5, 2015, 4:05 pm
SLV

Programs: Hertz PC
RQ VSTPTE IS BACK!
https://www.hertz.com/rentacar/q-169...-special-offer
Old Jan 5, 2015, 8:51 pm

Watch rates now. This afternoon, I noticed an across the board rate increase of appx 15% (and more) for two airports I rent from, LAX and SJC, from what I saw this morning (and have been watching closely for months). This is for all dates from now through the end of December 2015. I made reservations for Christmas of 2015 yesterday (the first date December 2015 was available to book) before the rate increase.

Christmas/New Year's this year, 2014, rates at LAX are just incredibly high. [...]
There seem to be so many variables in play, at least from my perspective. I realize the plural of anecdote is not data, but I booked a FCAR out of OAK for Christmas of 2014, but picking it up on the Monday prior (12/22/2014, returning late on 12/26). I shopped, tried AutoSlash, yadda yadda yadda, but the best I could do was around $325, basically from 7/2014 through 11/2014. Just about a week before, I shopped again and was able to prepay an FCAR for the same duration for like $204 (plus junk fees which brought it to $260 total).

When we picked up the car their lot was full and we were the only customers at the counter, and when we returned it their lot was empty.

So maybe closer to the fact, you'll find that they revise their pricing a bit, perhaps if the traffic doesn't bear it quite as they'd like.
Old Jan 5, 2015, 9:17 pm
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Originally Posted by zippy the pinhead
There seem to be so many variables in play, at least from my perspective. I realize the plural of anecdote is not data, but I booked a FCAR out of OAK for Christmas of 2014, but picking it up on the Monday prior (12/22/2014, returning late on 12/26). I shopped, tried AutoSlash, yadda yadda yadda, but the best I could do was around $325, basically from 7/2014 through 11/2014. Just about a week before, I shopped again and was able to prepay an FCAR for the same duration for like $204 (plus junk fees which brought it to $260 total).

When we picked up the car their lot was full and we were the only customers at the counter, and when we returned it their lot was empty.

So maybe closer to the fact, you'll find that they revise their pricing a bit, perhaps if the traffic doesn't bear it quite as they'd like.
Hertz publicly announced that that were increasing rates across the board so it's not surprising people are seeing an uptick. You're absolutely right that rates can change at any time due to inventory levels, competitive pressures and many other factors. That's why it pays to rate shop or use a service to track the price of your rental.

As for the lot being full on 12/22 and empty on 12/26, that's entirely expected. Many locations were completely sold out of all cars by 12/24. It was virtually impossible to find a car from the major companies at SFO between Xmas and New Year from the major companies, and off-airport in San Fran, it was a 100% sell out situation--not a single car available within 20 miles of the city.
Old Jan 11, 2015, 6:45 am

The discount code for a monthly rental is available until Jan 31, 2015.....when does it normally change to Dec 31? Thanks.
Old Jan 11, 2015, 9:09 am

Originally Posted by thriftyscot
The discount code for a monthly rental is available until Jan 31, 2015.....when does it normally change to Dec 31? Thanks.
On AAA.com/Hertz, they already have a $50 off monthly rental PC, valid through 12/31/2015

Wow! The savings continue for AAA/CAA Members... Hertz saves you $50 on minimum 28 day rentals of any car class. Hertz qualifying monthly rate restrictions apply. Include PC# 204503 in your reservation to enjoy the savings! All your valuable AAA/CAA discounts and benefits apply as well! Offer valid through 12/31/15.
Old Jan 11, 2015, 11:32 am

Thanks for that code, the Hertz website does not show the new date yet.
Old Jan 15, 2015, 6:52 pm

Originally Posted by thriftyscot
This AAA PC code, valid thru 3/31/2015, works for monthly rentals, too (15% off).
https://www.hertz.com/rentacar/y-170...-special-offer
Old Jan 25, 2015, 12:13 am

All these codes are confusing I'm in the uk looking to book a group d car from mco for 3 weeks in may I'm not in any loyalty scheme is there a code I can use to save money?
Old Jan 25, 2015, 5:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by phinatic
All these codes are confusing I'm in the uk looking to book a group d car from mco for 3 weeks in may I'm not in any loyalty scheme is there a code I can use to save money?
This has been posted before, so I will say this. Take the time to read up on what different codes mean. It's not that confusing once you see it one thing at a time.

A PC is a Promotional Code, and takes off money over a certain period of time, usually a dollar amount per day/week/month/etc. or occasionally a percentage; sometimes these codes also give you free GPS or waive a fee of some sort (again, over a certain period of time).

A CDP is a Customer Discount Program -- certain companies or promotions have these codes which discount a certain percentage off the base rate of the rental. AAA, USAA, all of the airlines, and some private firms all have CDPs. Not everyone is eligible for every CDP; for instance, only JetBlue crewmembers are eligible to use the JetBlue Crewmember CDP and you may be asked to prove eligibility upon pickup. Others, like AAA and USAA, you generally don't have to prove (although if asked then you will need to); that said, if you are not eligible to use a code, use it, and then something happens to your car, Hertz will not be thrilled and may take it out on you

An RQ, or Rate Quote, is the type of rate. Usually they don't make any sense to any of us outsiders, but occasionally they are used for promotional rates.

-J.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.