Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Discount Discussion - Discuss PCs, RQs, CDPs

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Discount Discussion - Discuss PCs, RQs, CDPs

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2010, 10:40 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Airmiles, Alaska Airlines
AAA or actually BCAA here in BC Canada gave me the best deal for a 5 day rental in the Netherlands. No extra fee for dropping it off in a different city. BCAA also promises free extra driver, but hasn't answered my email questioning if that holds true for Europe rentals too.
Old Oct 1, 2010, 9:42 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by hedoman
"drive" is not working for me. Any ideas for knocking off a one way rental?
Same here. Rate increases from $61/day to $99/day when I use the "DRIVE" RQ.
Old Oct 2, 2010, 6:03 pm

Discount codes for Turkey anyone?

Anyone have any CDP and/or PC that would work good for Turkey. I am looking to rent for 4 days (wed - sun). Any help would be appreciated.
Old Oct 13, 2010, 9:21 pm

Modified reservation--> price went down $10!

I've changed my reservation for next week at an HLE twice in the last several days. The first time, I moved it from a Monday through Monday reservation to a Tuesday through Tuesday reservation. The price didn't change.

Just now I changed it back to a Monday through Monday reservation. The price went down $10! I didn't change the CDP (5 for AAA) or the PC (148396) either time I changed the reservation.

I had another Tuesday through Tuesday reservation for the week after that. When I went to change it to a Monday through Monday just now, the website first told me the economy car I wanted wasn't available. I closed the browser and tried again a couple minutes later. This time there was no problem with availability. And the price for this one also went down $10!
Old Oct 19, 2010, 6:43 am

Does anyone know if I can still earn airline miles on the 2 rentals = free day promo, or do I need to select ZE1 points?
Old Oct 19, 2010, 12:06 pm

Programs: Airline/TSA Avoidance Platinum, Hotel Disloyalty Silver, Hertz 1.7*
Originally Posted by lowfareair
Does anyone know if I can still earn airline miles on the 2 rentals = free day promo, or do I need to select ZE1 points?
The "free day" is credited as 600 ZE1 points to your account, so you have to do points.
Old Oct 19, 2010, 12:54 pm

Hm, did they change the ouraaa site's discount amount? The prices seem to be significantly higher than when I used the site to rent a few months ago.(245ai vs 320ai)

Or did they fix it and you have to log in now to get the better low quote?(non AAA member)

TIA!
Old Oct 27, 2010, 3:14 pm

http://www.hertz.com/rentacar/specia...weenteaser.xml

Hurry Back for a Hauntingly Good

Halloween Booking Special

Come back to this page October 29, 30, 31 or November 1 to reserve your Fall Weekend rental and enjoy a special treat from Hertz.

This offer is available at participating airport locations in the U.S., Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico.

Reservations must be booked October 29, 30, 31 or November 1 for weekend rental pick-up through December 31, 2010.
The fine print is the usual stuff, no hints there. I'm guessing something similar to Labor Day's 40% off special-ish special.
Old Oct 28, 2010, 10:30 am

SUV's and Crossovers $10 a Day, Up to $50 Off Weekly/Weekend Rentals

Now through April 30, 2011, ski discount available at the following participating car rental locations:

U.S.:
Arizona: Flagstaff
California: Sacramento
Colorado: Aspen; Colorado Springs; Denver; Durango; Eagle; Grand Junction; Gunnison; Hayden; Montrose
Connecticut: Hartford
Idaho: Boise; Hailey/Sun Valley; Idaho Falls.
Maine: Bangor; Portland
Massachusetts: Boston
Montana: Bozeman
Nevada: Reno
New Hampshire: Manchester
New York: Albany
New Mexico: Albuquerque; Santa Fe
Utah: Salt Lake City
Vermont: Burlington
Washington: Spokane
Wyoming: Jackson

Canada:
Calgary, Montreal, Quebec City, Toronto, Vancouver

PC # is blank on the promotion page, but clicking "quote it" gives 147755

http://www.hertz.com/rentacar/specia...jsp&Category=Q
Old Oct 29, 2010, 6:31 am

Page is not live yet
Old Oct 29, 2010, 7:17 am

Wow, talk about a 'meh' offer:

http://www.hertz.com/rentacar/specia...xml&Category=Q

Book now and enjoy Scary Savings! 25% Off the weekend rate.

The only scary part is they try to make this seem like "savings". In order to save something, you would need to spend the following as a USAA member (example, as that's my CDP) with other, bookable-longer-than-a-single-weekend PC numbers:

-11% + $5/day off 1 or 3-4 day weekend rentals (~$40/day base price to be a good offer)
-11% + $7.50/day off 2 day weekend rentals ($60/day)
-11% + $10/day off 2 day weekend rentals for Premium or higher, including hybrids and SUVs ($80/day)
-11% + $20/day off Prestige Collection rentals ($150/day)

For a AAA member, the number is much, much higher for the categories as they have larger savings at aaa.com/hertz and the $10/day discount on economy-fullsize.

Note: The USAA 11% discount is only for PHL. Other airports have a larger USAA discount: DFW for example has a 20%+ discount off weekend rentals economy-fullsize.
Old Oct 30, 2010, 10:43 pm

I am looking for a car in Germany next week. The Hertz side gave me a #1 member rate of $ 420.00 for two weeks at TXL, I am also a member of AAA Texas, their rate was $ 959.29. Doesn't look like International gets a lot of discount using the AAA site
Old Oct 31, 2010, 2:48 pm

Programs: United 1K 1MM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Hertz Prez
Originally Posted by EXLEFTSEAT
I am looking for a car in Germany next week. The Hertz side gave me a #1 member rate of $ 420.00 for two weeks at TXL, I am also a member of AAA Texas, their rate was $ 959.29. Doesn't look like International gets a lot of discount using the AAA site
Last summer I rented at the offsite Hertz in Frankfurt. The original quote was for an E Class Mercedes for $1250 US for two weeks. When the taxi unloaded our luggage and four people the person at the Hertz counter shook his head and said no way everything would fit. He upgraded us to an S350 at no additional charge. Nice car...
Old Nov 15, 2010, 8:11 am

Programs: *wood plt,mrt plt, aa ex plt
December birthday bonus

Any ZE 1 codes for December?
Old Nov 17, 2010, 4:14 pm

Originally Posted by lowfareair
Hmm... isn't it usually 300? I got 300 for my birthday in July with PC 143135.
i just received the same offer of 200 bonus... why different?

Drive off with a birthday bonus
of 200 Hertz #1 Awards® Points!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.