Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Discount Discussion - Discuss PCs, RQs, CDPs

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Discount Discussion - Discuss PCs, RQs, CDPs

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2012, 1:49 pm

One way rental codes

Hi there FT. I need to do a one way rental from the us into Canada as part of a move, and am wondering what codes out there might work best for me. I've used some of the combinations that ive come across here, and Im getting prices around 480 right now. Not bad, but I was hoping to do better. Thanks in advance !
Old May 16, 2012, 4:37 pm

New to Hertz - Discount in NYC

Hi - I've been renting from Avis forever and recently decided to try Hertz as they opened one in my neighborhood. Please let me know if there are any codes or coupons that I may use. Also, I'm 5* (matched from Avis). Thanks.
Old May 16, 2012, 5:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by noreaga
Hi there FT. I need to do a one way rental from the us into Canada as part of a move, and am wondering what codes out there might work best for me. I've used some of the combinations that ive come across here, and Im getting prices around 480 right now. Not bad, but I was hoping to do better. Thanks in advance !
Check this page out: https://www.hertz.com/rentacar/bb-43...-special-offer

Originally Posted by wallst7
Hi - I've been renting from Avis forever and recently decided to try Hertz as they opened one in my neighborhood. Please let me know if there are any codes or coupons that I may use. Also, I'm 5* (matched from Avis). Thanks.
Here's what I've found that you might find useful:
-J.
Old May 25, 2012, 7:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
I just posted a few codes in the coupon/discount-only thread, and one thing I noticed was they all expire June 30th. I need to rent a car on August 18th. Are there any PCs that go that far out yet?

-J.
Old May 25, 2012, 7:52 pm

Programs: DL SM, Marriott
Originally Posted by jzweighaft
I just posted a few codes in the coupon/discount-only thread, and one thing I noticed was they all expire June 30th. I need to rent a car on August 18th. Are there any PCs that go that far out yet?

-J.
PC#119776 gives your $5 off per day on weekend rentals. Good through 12/31/12 and PC#107520 gives you $20 off a weekly rental.

There's also 4 more PC# coupons on the Hertz site here which are good through 12-31-2012
Old May 25, 2012, 8:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by travelcoupons
PC#119776 gives your $5 off per day on weekend rentals. Good through 12/31/12 and PC#107520 gives you $20 off a weekly rental.

There's also 4 more PC# coupons on the Hertz site here which are good through 12-31-2012
I tried all the ones I could find and what you've mentioned but none of them work
The Promotion Coupon you've selected - ###### is not available for this rental either because that location isn't participating or some requirement for the offer hasn't been met. We have removed the Promotion Coupon from your request to provide you with the best rate. There may be other offers in the Special offer section which do apply, so you could check there for an alternative. [DRX141]
I'm trying to book at SLC, from 11pm August 18th to 11pm August 21st. I've never had problems with PCs here before (even supposedly expired ones), I guess it's just too far in advance.

-J.
Old May 30, 2012, 9:17 am

Programs: 25 million points to burn!
I've got a one day rental tomorrow from Tulsa to Dallas round trip. Not a AAA member. Any deals/coupons you're aware of that could bring my price down on a full size? I am a Hertz Gold member. Thanks for your help!
Old May 30, 2012, 9:40 am
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Originally Posted by Preacher7
I've got a one day rental tomorrow from Tulsa to Dallas round trip. Not a AAA member. Any deals/coupons you're aware of that could bring my price down on a full size? I am a Hertz Gold member. Thanks for your help!
Check here and here.
Old May 30, 2012, 11:37 am

Originally Posted by ridge4
Thanks for the feedback. I am considering one more strategy. There is also a AAA double upgrade coupon available. If I book B, and they honor the double upgrade, that gives me D at about $66.xx. If they claim no availability, then I should be able to fall back on the $$ off coupon and be no worse off, correct? I know it's usually best to use $$ coupons, but in this particular pricing model, the double upgrade seems like a good idea.
Originally Posted by jeautk01
You should be able to use $$ coupon at counter unless the terms require advance res w/ coupon an generally you need the coupon with you if you don't have status. With the dollar off, I would make two reservations one with $$ off and other with upgrade. Additionally, you should make the res several hours apart. One for the time you wish to arrive and one much later in the day or in the name of someone with you (you can always change name on res when you get there) That way they won't cancel it as being a duplicate. A lot depends on the counter rep and how willing they are to work with you.
I just wanted to follow up and thank you again for your feedback, jeautk01. I was too chicken to double book, so I decided to quit over thinking it. I stayed with a booking for B using a $$ coupon and the DRV5 promotion, hoping to get lucky. I did! I was assigned a Ford Escape, which was perfect for this trip. It was an Illinois vehicle they wanted out of Tucson, even though I was only going as far as SLC.

Final total: $15.31 for 12 days. Gotta love it!

Last edited by ridge4; May 30, 2012 at 11:39 am Reason: Misspelling.
Old May 31, 2012, 12:43 am

Programs: Most
Glad it worked out.^
Old May 31, 2012, 4:30 am

Location: KLM GD, DL PM, AA LT Plt, Hyatt Diamond, SPG LT Plat, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Interconti Amb/PC Spire, etc.
Any coupons for a 3 week rental in the Middle East rental in July, specifically in Israel? President's Circle member if that's at all helpful.
Old Jun 17, 2012, 9:57 pm

Need Help with Frankfurt res for next week

I need 5 days from 6-24 to 6-30 dropping at the Friedrichshafen airport. My wife wants the Mercedes Eclass wagon and I am at $650 on a weekly rate. Any ideas on how to get this down? I am a USAA member but I am using a Europe Hertz code 163951 to get to $650. Would Priceline or Hotwire work? I don't want an Avis or National, I see all kinds of bad reviews for them in Germany.

Also, do I need an international Drivers Permit in Germany and Austria?

Thanks
Old Jun 23, 2012, 8:43 pm

Programs: Qantas, Hawaiian Miles, SWA
Hi,

I'm wondering if someone can help me please. I've been trying to find a coupon/discount code/ promotion for a mid size vehicle for a car rental in Italy ( Via Del Sansovino, Florence) from 9-26 to 10-3.

Also can anyone please tell me if the branch at 5B Via Erbosa is still open. On some websites it appears to be closed but one that I looked on today still had it included as a branch.

Thank you in advance.

tropicgirl
Old Jun 24, 2012, 8:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Tropicgirl
Hi,

I'm wondering if someone can help me please. I've been trying to find a coupon/discount code/ promotion for a mid size vehicle for a car rental in Italy ( Via Del Sansovino, Florence) from 9-26 to 10-3.

Also can anyone please tell me if the branch at 5B Via Erbosa is still open. On some websites it appears to be closed but one that I looked on today still had it included as a branch.

Thank you in advance.

tropicgirl
Here are two promos I found:
Save 20% in Europe this summer! (CDP 758700)
Save up to 20% when you book in advance! (RQ EARLY1)

The one website that will give you a definitive answer as to whether it's open or not is Hertz.com. Try starting a reservation for that location and if it's closed, you will get an error message.

-J.
Old Jun 24, 2012, 1:10 pm

Programs: AGR, Hilton, Marriott, Priority Club, UA, Delta SM
I am renting a minivan from Rapid City Airport for 8/12/12 through 8/18/12 (no Saturday overnight). Using the Marriott Rewards CDP I can get a $500 weekly rate. I haven't found any PCs that work in combination with this or the United CDP that I have tried. Can the Hertz Gold Plus reward points be used in conjunction with the MR CDP or only by themselves?

Can anyone suggest any coupons/PCs that would reduce this rate? I am a Hertz Gold member.

Thanks for your help.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.