Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Discount Discussion - Discuss PCs, RQs, CDPs

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Discount Discussion - Discuss PCs, RQs, CDPs

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2011, 10:02 pm
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Originally Posted by brosnan6
Are there any available CDPs for no-fee one-way rentals in TX at the end of December? I'm being quoted ~$500 for 3 days from IAH to DAL regardless of which CDP I use in my profile (Amex Cent or my corporate)
PM me your pickup and dropoff dates and times and I'll be happy to see what I can do for you.
Old Nov 30, 2011, 10:04 pm

Originally Posted by sbagdon
Are there any CP or RQ codes for Prestige, for LAX, in Dec? I'm guessing not, with the month, location, etc, yet have to ask. Thanks!
http://www.hertz.com/rentacar/q-7603...-special-offer

This should work since it doesn't say anything about blackout dates or other restrictions, and it's valid until 3/31/12. but as always, not all discounts work all the time.
Old Dec 2, 2011, 7:46 am
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Got an e-mail from Hertz with PC 165944, offering "up to $30 off a weekend or weekly rental" until 1/31/2012.

Tried applying this PC for an upcoming rental, and there must be something busted in the Hertz system:

Nissan Versa
Without PC: $33.24 / weekend day
With PC: $281.24 / weekend day

Other car classes are similar in magnitude of price jump when applying the PC.

I thought this coupon was supposed to SAVE me money?!?!

I tried it with several different CDPs, including two from my employer and the UA frequent flier CDP (the PC didn't say it had to be used with a particular CDP). All give the same result.
Old Dec 2, 2011, 8:45 am

Originally Posted by exerda
Got an e-mail from Hertz with PC 165944, offering "up to $30 off a weekend or weekly rental" until 1/31/2012.

Tried applying this PC for an upcoming rental, and there must be something busted in the Hertz system:

Nissan Versa
Without PC: $33.24 / weekend day
With PC: $281.24 / weekend day

Other car classes are similar in magnitude of price jump when applying the PC.

I thought this coupon was supposed to SAVE me money?!?!

I tried it with several different CDPs, including two from my employer and the UA frequent flier CDP (the PC didn't say it had to be used with a particular CDP). All give the same result.
The PC isn't broken per se, but not all of them give good results for every rental. I tried PC 165944 you mentioned and it actually took $35 off an 8-day rental I tested. However a better PC for this rental was 163623 which took $58 off. You need to try different codes to see what works best.
Old Dec 5, 2011, 2:25 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by AutoSlash
The PC isn't broken per se, but not all of them give good results for every rental. I tried PC 165944 you mentioned and it actually took $35 off an 8-day rental I tested. However a better PC for this rental was 163623 which took $58 off. You need to try different codes to see what works best.
Believe me, I definitely try using every PC available to me... what amazed me about that particular one (which I've tried now for rentals at SGU, DEN, BTR, and JAX) is that it made the rate significantly higher than the rate with no PC applied at all. I could understand it not giving a discount (or not a significant one); it's the huge jump in rate which has me a bit baffled.
Old Dec 5, 2011, 2:48 pm

Believe me, I definitely try using every PC available to me... what amazed me about that particular one (which I've tried now for rentals at SGU, DEN, BTR, and JAX) is that it made the rate significantly higher than the rate with no PC applied at all. I could understand it not giving a discount (or not a significant one); it's the huge jump in rate which has me a bit baffled.
This type of thing is more common than you think. Many of the best CDP's won't take a PC code at all. It either doesn't work, or increases the rate as you've seen. This is not unique to Hertz either. The same sort of thing happens at Alamo and National in many cases.
Old Dec 5, 2011, 4:11 pm

Programs: National EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by AutoSlash
This type of thing is more common than you think. Many of the best CDP's won't take a PC code at all. It either doesn't work, or increases the rate as you've seen. This is not unique to Hertz either. The same sort of thing happens at Alamo and National in many cases.
This is defiantly unique to Hertz. I never had such an issue with any other car rental company. I'm renting a lot with National, they are vary straight with their coupons. Either it will apply to your rental either it'll not. No hidden tricks and gimmicks like hiking the base rate etc.

Make a little research in the forums and see if there’s such a complaint in any forum other than Hertz!
Old Dec 15, 2011, 4:42 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold,Marriott, US,AA.DL, AGR, Hyatt
Any good PC numbers for 1st Q 2012

I need a rental in Jan/Feb for 2 months. Any good PC numbers out there?
I could not find any good after 12/31/11 for Hertz.
Old Dec 16, 2011, 3:28 pm

Programs: Delta PM+1MM; Marriott PP; Hertz PC
CDP with LDW and PC

I use my corporate CDP that has LDW included. I've also been using points for a few free days to keep the cost down. How does Hertz handle LDW when you have free days? I've not had issues, but I see no mention in the T&C either.
Old Dec 17, 2011, 8:36 am

Programs: Hilton Gold,Marriott, US,AA.DL, AGR, Hyatt
Found one good till 3/31/12

161416 good for $ 50 off monthly
Old Dec 29, 2011, 10:24 am

Programs: Lotz
Best for 3-Day Weekend Rentals

(which is what I do almost weekly):

AAA plus pc 166305 ($10/day off). Out of DCA it works to about $28 for 3 days all-in for mid-size (Gold Choice). Plus I get 1000 Virgin Atlantic miles per rental. (I value those at minimum of $10).

Had been using old reliable pc 157990 which gives 1 free day on 3 day weekend.

Last edited by tassojunior; Dec 29, 2011 at 12:22 pm
Old Dec 30, 2011, 12:57 pm

Today was interesting. Used AAA discount to get a C Class (Corolla and similar) for $18 a day and the AAA-specific PC code of 158001 to offer a double upgrade. So thinking if they have an F Class car at the tiny body shop location I use, I might end up with a Fusion or Impala or something nice. Well, turns out the only F Class car they had was a gray '10 Mazda6 with 40K miles, I decided to ignore the upgrade coupon and used the Class C car they had, my choice of a white or blue '12 Cruze both around 15K miles. Took the blue one. It has everything a Premium car should have. XM radio, heated leather seats, Turbo engine, power seat, power windows/locks, cruise, pretty much everything but sunroof or navigation. Works for me. And for a total 3-day cost of $61 INCLUDING taxes on NEW YEARS WEEKEND I am so not complaining.

I like this little body shop here in WF. They take care of me. Last rental with them was a Versa and it was awful, so I called in to ask if they had another car I could try and they put me in a Fusion SE. Very nice. Before that, I had rented an F car to go to Pennsylvania and back. They didn't have any F cars so I was offered a Grand Marquis. That car made a 2500 mile round trip with 2 preschoolers VERY tolerable.

Someday I'll actually get to USE a discount coupon. Until then, I'll just continue to use the minimally staffed, minimally inventoried, tiny little kiosk at the body shop, and see what miracles counter man can come up with.
Old Jan 6, 2012, 8:11 am

Since when are Hertz coupons accepted at Advantage? Hertz priced at almost $50/day for an upcoming rental, and I tried Advantage, which had the same size car at $14/day. On the Advantage website, there was a place for CDP and PC just like Hertz, so I stuck in the $10 off per day coupon (PC 163623), and it took it. The Advantage car is $4/day after coupon. I've only rented at Advantage once previously, and I don't remember the place for the coupon on the main booking page. Anybody know if Advantage will give me a hard time with the Hertz coupon?
Old Jan 6, 2012, 8:55 am

Originally Posted by CEUflyer
Since when are Hertz coupons accepted at Advantage? Hertz priced at almost $50/day for an upcoming rental, and I tried Advantage, which had the same size car at $14/day. On the Advantage website, there was a place for CDP and PC just like Hertz, so I stuck in the $10 off per day coupon (PC 163623), and it took it. The Advantage car is $4/day after coupon. I've only rented at Advantage once previously, and I don't remember the place for the coupon on the main booking page. Anybody know if Advantage will give me a hard time with the Hertz coupon?
Advantage always had the CDP field. The PC code field is new though. The field started showing up on the Advantage website about a month ago. There are Advantage-specific PC codes. The only one I know about right now is 164323 which gets you $25 off a weekly rental of an SUV or Minivan, but I suspect that they will utilize it more in their marketing efforts in the coming months.

As for the Hertz PC codes working (not all of them work based on my investigation), it's not surprising since Advantage is using Hertz's back-end reservation system. It's tough to say though whether it will get flagged at the time of rental. OTOH, it would seem that the risk is fairly minimal. If they deny the coupon, you'll pay a bit more.

If you do decide to go ahead with this, please do report back on the result. Thanks!
Old Jan 7, 2012, 12:25 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC

Worked great for me! Saved $10/day for a 3 day rental from an airport hotel location (where none of my other $10/day PCs worked as they are airport only), giving a total saving of $32 over booking from the airport.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.