Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

PC and RQ Registry - Promotion Codes and Rate Codes only

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 5, 2013, 2:54 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: wobbly wings
  • Expiration Date - PC# - What coupon does. Rate type. (weekly/weekend/monthly/daily) Vehicle type. Other details. (Type of Coupon Code, like AAA or Happy Birthday)

Daily rate PC codes are exceptionally rare. Daily rates typically consist of midweek rentals less than 5 days that don't include weekend days. 5 days = weekly, and overlaps to weekends unless Monday morning to Friday afternoon/evening.

Weekend/Weekly Flex
  • Unknown exp - PC# 180832 - Save $5 per day, up to $20. Weekend rental at airport. (AAA)
  • Unknown exp - PC #193104 - Save $5 per day, up to $25. More details required - please edit.
  • Unknown exp - PC #104591 - Save $15 off a weekend rental (for members of ABNsave.com - free membership)

Weekend Only
  • 6/30/2016 - PC#198203. CDP#205521 - 2014 Entertainment code for a Buy one, Get one free weekend day rental (minimum 3 day rental). Any size except Porsche, Mercedes-AMG or Dream Cars.

Weekly Only

•Still working through April 2017 (originally set to expire 1/31/14) - PC 192021 - Free Day For Hertz Gold Plus Rewards member, enjoy your First Day Free of 5 or more days at participating airport or off airport locations in the U.S., Canada. Full size and larger Corporate locations in USA and Canada - sourced Hertz Japan PLEASE DON'T DELETE WITHOUT CHECKING

Monthly and 10 Day
  • Unknown exp - PC# 180611 - $45 off min. 10 day rental. Intermediate & larger. (AAA)
  • Unknown Exp - 185415 - $50 off from a monthly booking.
  • USE RQ: MNTHLY - This will give a discounted rate, but it will be prepay, no refund no early return.

Upgrade
  • Unknown exp - PC# 180600 - Upgrade. Weekend or weekly. (AAA)

Other AAA Coupons
    http://www.aaa.com/AAA/common/travel...AAACoupon.html

Some wiki tips and pointers.
1) You can edit it. Anyone can, as long you have 90 posts in 90 days.

2) You can see the edit history by clicking Edit then View History. (I think you can -- if this is a moderator only option, please let me know.)
3) You can hide it, by clicking this +/- box on the upper right hand corner of the Wikipost.
Print Wikipost

PC and RQ Registry - Promotion Codes and Rate Codes only

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2016, 1:41 pm

Originally Posted by AutoSlash
Many coupons are not valid for one-way rentals with certain CDP's. You are assuming that if some combination gets a certain result that a different combination should yield a similar result. For better or worse, Hertz's system doesn't work that way. There are all sorts of options and restrictions that can be applied to a particular CDP and/or PC code on Hertz's end, and many times this results in what appears to be unpredictable results, but it's actually working as designed.

The USAA CDP is not going to pair with a PC code on this rental based on what my system is telling me, and it's usually pretty accurate.
Thanks for the reply.

This was probably a poor example. Between HOU and IAH, Hertz charges normal round trip rates and tacks on a $5 one-way fee. I tried the same trip returning to HOU, and got the exact same results (just $5 less): coupons bumped up the USAA rate without a coupon. I also tried PC 105766 which is advertised here as "USAA Special Offers". Would that not imply that those coupons when used with the USAA CDP will yield a rate lower than that of just the USAA CDP? I understand that perhaps the system is working as intended, but my rant is just that advertised coupons are not actually coupons. I see this every time i try to book a rental car now with Hertz with all kinds of different coupon codes. But like you said, i guess it's just the USAA CDP.

Originally Posted by AutoSlash
Try Alamo as an alternate and use discount code 7014884 ("Everyday Low Rates") and coupon code AD9Z69AAA. This should yield a rate of around $29 all-in for an ICAR assuming it's a straight 3 day rental, and if it's 3 days and change, it will probably be slightly higher at around $32.

Hope this helps!
Wow! That helps a ton! I already had a car with Alamo booked for the weekend at $47 through Costco--I thought I was already getting a great deal. $29 is phenomenal! Thank you!
Old Apr 4, 2016, 3:42 pm
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Originally Posted by zhutch
But like you said, i guess it's just the USAA CDP.
A similar thing happens with many corporate CDP's as well as some others that are floating out there as well. Some that provide very good base rates just won't pair one a one-way rental. The other thing we often see is that on certain one-way rentals, you will get a base rate that is far below you can get with any other CDP, but there are 0 miles included. Depending on how many miles you plan to drive, it can be worthwhile or a total non-starter.

The bottom line is that in the T&C's for all coupon and discount codes, they hedge it with language like, "Subject to availability" and "this offer is redeemable at participating Hertz locations" and "blackout dates may apply", not to mention day/date/min or max length/etc. Bottom line, you can try to call them on why something doesn't work, but they probably don't even know themselves half the time. Either the res system accepts it or it doesn't, and if it doesn't they will use any of these possible restrictions to dismiss it.

I can say unequivocally that there is no "best code". Some are better than others in certain situations, but it often depends, and it's far more complicated than most people realize. That's why trial and error is actually the best way to approach getting the best rate. Of course trial and error is tedious, which is one of the reasons AutoSlash exists.

Originally Posted by zhutch
Wow! That helps a ton! I already had a car with Alamo booked for the weekend at $47 through Costco--I thought I was already getting a great deal. $29 is phenomenal! Thank you!
Happy to help!
Old Apr 15, 2016, 1:20 am

@Autoslash,

I submitted a request on your site but I'm trying to find a combo of coupons and CDP codes for either 1 car that can hold 6 people and their luggage for a week, or 2 cars (Probably going to need to be larger than a corolla or something to hold 6 suitcases between them) out of JFK for July 23rd - July 31st. Doesn't really matter if it's 1 car or two.

I found this car: Infiniti QX80 through Hertz Prestige using the Amex Platinum CDP that comes put to $555 prepaid.

Any advice?
Old Apr 15, 2016, 2:44 am

Programs: HHonors Gold since '02, Hertz President's Circle since '07
Originally Posted by rustyboy155
@Autoslash,

I submitted a request on your site but ...
Welcome to FlyerTalk. You may wish to take advantage of the Private Message feature. You can scroll up to one of Autoslash's posts and click on his name, then Send Private Message.

Or just click this and look for the private message link:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/members/autoslash.html
Old Apr 28, 2016, 11:00 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
AAA 15% off PC - 5 days or more - Exp. 6/30/2016

Use with any AAA CDP. PC #106746. 15% off ANY car class (excluding Dream Cars). Weekly rates with minimum 5 days or more. Participating locations in the U.S., Canada, Puerto Rico and Mexico. Expires June 30, 2016.

This was in an ad in the AAA Auto Club of Southern California snail-mailed magazine, Westways (May 2016, Page 17).
Old Apr 28, 2016, 2:41 pm

AAA PC's valid for pick-up through 12/30/2016

Use with any AAA CDP. Valid for pick-up through 12/30/2016.

PC# 106912 - $35 off Premium & above (excludes Dream Cars). Weekly (5 days or more). Saturday night keep required. Airport rentals only.

PC# 106923 - Free weekend day (3 weekend days minimum). Saturday night keep required. Compact through Standard size.

PC# 106875 - $50 off monthly (28 days or more). No blackouts. Valid on all sizes except Dream Cars.

Participating locations in the U.S., Canada, Puerto Rico and Mexico. Blackouts apply on weekly and weekend offers.
Old May 4, 2016, 7:21 pm

Required USAA

I rent a car from Hertz through USAA code and the agent want me approve I am a usaa member but I did not have any relatives in military. What should I do? When I try to get a usaa checking account it needs me provide the certification of military information. Thanks!
Old May 7, 2016, 4:51 pm

Originally Posted by Xinze Yu
I rent a car from Hertz through USAA code and the agent want me approve I am a usaa member but I did not have any relatives in military. What should I do?
You should not use codes you are ineligible for.
Old May 8, 2016, 1:26 pm

Originally Posted by Xinze Yu
I rent a car from Hertz through USAA code and the agent want me approve I am a usaa member but I did not have any relatives in military. What should I do? When I try to get a usaa checking account it needs me provide the certification of military information. Thanks!
Anyone can sign up for USAA. No military relationship just means no access to their financial products.

I know this was your first post, but there's no need to ask questions already answered dozens of other places that a quick google search will turn up the answers for
Old May 8, 2016, 8:15 pm

PC: 106396

"This offer will save $5 per weekend day, or $25 on a weekly rental
This offer requires booking an intermediate car or above for a minimum of 3 days
This offer is not valid for Hertz 24/7, Dollar, Thrifty, or Firefly rentals
This offer is not valid in combination with a business contract rate, nor with another CDP or PC discount code
This offer is valid for vehicle pickup through August 31, 2016."

This PC is handed out by Hertz as a thank you to customers who filled in a questionnaire after a rental. I do not claim that this is the best PC out there.
Old May 10, 2016, 8:33 pm

Originally Posted by ImperialProbeDroid
save $5 a day, up to $20, on your Weekend Rental when you book using PC# 107052. Offer valid on most car classes for vehicle pick-up from now to 5/31/16.
It is one of those PC codes that multiply the normal vehicle rates. A C rented at a HLE in California for one Saturday jumps from less than USD 40 to over USD 200. LOL
Old May 25, 2016, 2:58 pm

$5 off per day, up to $30 Weekend or Weekly - AAA thru 9/30/16

Save up to $30, weekend or weekly, $5 per day. Use your AAA CDP with this AAA/Hertz PC: 108566. Valid for pick-ups through September 30, 2016.
1-day minimum weekend, 5-day minimum weekly. Most car classes (excludes Dream Cars). Valid in U.S., Canada, Puerto Rico and Mexico. Blackout dates apply.

This was in the AAA of Southern California Westways magazine, June 2016, Page 65.
Old May 27, 2016, 1:07 am

Hi;

New guy here. I stumbled across a pretty decent discount code, hope it hasn't been posted already...

The CDP is 40000

I think it is an IBM corporate code.

It was giving me rates ofUSD $150 per week for rentals from airport locations like Detroit and San Francisco, and CDN $190 per week for Toronto. All rates for standard or full size cars.

I havent used it yet, so if anyone tries it, let me know if it is OK.

Thanks!
Old May 27, 2016, 8:38 am
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Originally Posted by kumagoro
Hi;

New guy here. I stumbled across a pretty decent discount code, hope it hasn't been posted already...

The CDP is 40000

I think it is an IBM corporate code.

It was giving me rates ofUSD $150 per week for rentals from airport locations like Detroit and San Francisco, and CDN $190 per week for Toronto. All rates for standard or full size cars.

I havent used it yet, so if anyone tries it, let me know if it is OK.

Thanks!
This is the IBM employee rate and it gives a fixed rate discount in many cases. It is only "OK" if you are an employee of IBM. If you are not there is a good chance you will be challenged at the rental counter. Will it happen every time? No. But you should expect to get challenged often, especially since this discount code includes CDW.

The other issue is that if you get into an accident in the car, it's going to get reported to IBM and then an investigation is going to ensue and it's probably not going to turn out well for you. Even if you don't want/need the CDW and are going to rely on your credit card and/or personal insurance, you could end up in a bad spot because the contract includes the insurance and you normally need to decline it in order to be covered by your credit card, which puts you in a no-man's land where you can't get coverage from either side.

In short, it's a great rate in many cases, and you may get away with it, but you need to understand the risks by using it if you are not an IBM employee.
Old May 27, 2016, 12:18 pm

Programs: AA Gold, IHG Plat AMB, Hilton Gold, SPG
Hi, have been around flyertalk for a while but this is my first time posting on the hertz forum. Mod, if the question should be located somewhere else, feel free to move it.

I am going to travel with my girlfriend's family in West Coast US this July. We are planning for a week-long visit and are looking for one-way booking (SFO - LAX). the best deal that I can found is nearly 1000USD using my AAA member code, which is still a lot... Does anything has any recommendation on getting a better deal?

Feel free to PM me if that is preferred.

Thanks!
-Pete

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.