Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

PC and RQ Registry - Promotion Codes and Rate Codes only

Old Jun 5, 2013, 2:54 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: wobbly wings
  • Expiration Date - PC# - What coupon does. Rate type. (weekly/weekend/monthly/daily) Vehicle type. Other details. (Type of Coupon Code, like AAA or Happy Birthday)

Daily rate PC codes are exceptionally rare. Daily rates typically consist of midweek rentals less than 5 days that don't include weekend days. 5 days = weekly, and overlaps to weekends unless Monday morning to Friday afternoon/evening.

Weekend/Weekly Flex
  • Unknown exp - PC# 180832 - Save $5 per day, up to $20. Weekend rental at airport. (AAA)
  • Unknown exp - PC #193104 - Save $5 per day, up to $25. More details required - please edit.
  • Unknown exp - PC #104591 - Save $15 off a weekend rental (for members of ABNsave.com - free membership)

Weekend Only
  • 6/30/2016 - PC#198203. CDP#205521 - 2014 Entertainment code for a Buy one, Get one free weekend day rental (minimum 3 day rental). Any size except Porsche, Mercedes-AMG or Dream Cars.

Weekly Only

•Still working through April 2017 (originally set to expire 1/31/14) - PC 192021 - Free Day For Hertz Gold Plus Rewards member, enjoy your First Day Free of 5 or more days at participating airport or off airport locations in the U.S., Canada. Full size and larger Corporate locations in USA and Canada - sourced Hertz Japan PLEASE DON'T DELETE WITHOUT CHECKING

Monthly and 10 Day
  • Unknown exp - PC# 180611 - $45 off min. 10 day rental. Intermediate & larger. (AAA)
  • Unknown Exp - 185415 - $50 off from a monthly booking.
  • USE RQ: MNTHLY - This will give a discounted rate, but it will be prepay, no refund no early return.

Upgrade
  • Unknown exp - PC# 180600 - Upgrade. Weekend or weekly. (AAA)

Other AAA Coupons
    http://www.aaa.com/AAA/common/travel...AAACoupon.html

Some wiki tips and pointers.
1) You can edit it. Anyone can, as long you have 90 posts in 90 days.

2) You can see the edit history by clicking Edit then View History. (I think you can -- if this is a moderator only option, please let me know.)
3) You can hide it, by clicking this +/- box on the upper right hand corner of the Wikipost.
Print Wikipost

PC and RQ Registry - Promotion Codes and Rate Codes only

Old Aug 17, 2015, 5:10 am
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Originally Posted by cesco.g
Thanks for posting.
Was able to shave off $ 19 (10%) of a rental.
Just could not figure out, how to enter my AAdvantage # on hertz.com; maybe I have to call into reservations?
You have to be a member of Hertz #1 Club. In your profile you can specify which frequent traveler program you want to credit your rentals to. Then when you're logged into your account and make reservations, it will happen automatically.
Old Aug 17, 2015, 11:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AutoSlash
You have to be a member of Hertz #1 Club. In your profile you can specify which frequent traveler program you want to credit your rentals to. Then when you're logged into your account and make reservations, it will happen automatically.
Insightful, thanks.
So, is the Hertz#1 Club a requirement to even get FFmiles/points?
Old Sep 1, 2015, 3:17 am

autumn sale 25% off: https://www.hertz.com/rentacar/q-179...-special-offer
Old Sep 2, 2015, 2:30 pm

Does anyone know of a PC that works on a daily rental (e.g. from Tuesday - Thursday)?
Old Sep 9, 2015, 1:55 pm

Programs: UA Silver
can someone update that the daily code works for one-way rentals to an airport, not just airport rentals? i just booked one from my hertz local edition to get us to the airport in a few weeks, and it worked just fine...
Old Sep 16, 2015, 12:58 pm

Not seen any recent PC to waive underage driver fee (23 and 24 year olds). How often do they come up? Is it usually only Hertz?
Old Sep 24, 2015, 7:46 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
This CDP is working well for me : 1873376

"CDP: BUSINESS ADVANTAGE PLUS INSTAN
Official Travel"

Looks like 20% off
Old Oct 3, 2015, 3:54 pm

Originally Posted by sfmman2000
Does anyone know of a PC that works on a daily rental (e.g. from Tuesday - Thursday)?
PC 166401 gives $5 off per day.........hey it's better than nothing
Old Oct 5, 2015, 11:32 pm
Suspended

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...DsgzMQ&cad=rja

This is a link to a PC code and voucher for a free upgrade. Good luck!

It says you have to "Print the voucher," but YMMV.

PC Code 143986.
Old Oct 6, 2015, 1:09 pm

Hi,

I have a question about PC. Are PCs automatically discounted at checkout? I have a 7-day rental, used my plat as cdp and 305723 (from featured offers) and total price is higher than just using my plat only. In the discount section, it shows the promotion coupon value and "for 305723 Promotional Coupon has been deducted from base rental charges applied".

Sorry if that has been covered before, but couldn't find much about it.

Thanks.
Old Oct 6, 2015, 1:41 pm

Originally Posted by kim2game
Hi,

I have a question about PC. Are PCs automatically discounted at checkout? I have a 7-day rental, used my plat as cdp and 305723 (from featured offers) and total price is higher than just using my plat only. In the discount section, it shows the promotion coupon value and "for 305723 Promotional Coupon has been deducted from base rental charges applied".

Sorry if that has been covered before, but couldn't find much about it.

Thanks.
The PC amount should be deducted on checkout, especially if you get a message that says that it has. It's not uncommon for PC codes to do nothing or even increase the rate with certain CDP's. Assume that the final rate that Hertz.com shows is what you're going to pay (not less). If the PC code you're using is innefective or worse, raises the rate from the CDP only, then try a different PC and/or CDP. It often takes some trial and error to find the best possible combo.
Old Oct 6, 2015, 2:00 pm

Originally Posted by AutoSlash
The PC amount should be deducted on checkout, especially if you get a message that says that it has. It's not uncommon for PC codes to do nothing or even increase the rate with certain CDP's. Assume that the final rate that Hertz.com shows is what you're going to pay (not less). If the PC code you're using is innefective or worse, raises the rate from the CDP only, then try a different PC and/or CDP. It often takes some trial and error to find the best possible combo.
Thanks. I'll try different combo.
Old Nov 6, 2015, 11:47 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
A little tip for all:

1- I find rates drop as time gets closer to my pickup date. This isn't always the case but it is worth rechecking rates with Hertz rather than accepting lowest initial rate found.

2- Sadly the Hertz site doesn't always show the lower price when using their modify reservation tool. So book a new reservation and cancel the old to get the lower rate (if applicable).
Old Nov 6, 2015, 11:52 am

Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
A little tip for all:
2- Sadly the Hertz site doesn't always show the lower price when using their modify reservation tool. So book a new reservation and cancel the old to get the lower rate (if applicable).
You can get around this quirk of Hertz.com by selecting a different vehicle type which basically "resets" things. For example, if a lower rate is available but Hertz.com keeps sticking with the same rate as your previous reservation, choose a different vehicle (higher or lower than your current vehicle), re-book, and then click modify again and re-select your original vehicle and the price will drop. Assuming a lower rate is available, it works 100% of the time.

Of course, there's a much easier way to check for lower rates than searching manually all the time...
Old Nov 23, 2015, 3:47 pm
Suspended

https://www.united.com/CMS/en-US/pro...ertzoffer.aspx

The CDP on this page gave me a really good discount last week, plus extra UA miles.

(CDP) 62455, PC#305023 and your MileagePlus number at the time of reservation.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.