Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

PC and RQ Registry - Promotion Codes and Rate Codes only

Old Jun 5, 2013, 2:54 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: wobbly wings
  • Expiration Date - PC# - What coupon does. Rate type. (weekly/weekend/monthly/daily) Vehicle type. Other details. (Type of Coupon Code, like AAA or Happy Birthday)

Daily rate PC codes are exceptionally rare. Daily rates typically consist of midweek rentals less than 5 days that don't include weekend days. 5 days = weekly, and overlaps to weekends unless Monday morning to Friday afternoon/evening.

Weekend/Weekly Flex
  • Unknown exp - PC# 180832 - Save $5 per day, up to $20. Weekend rental at airport. (AAA)
  • Unknown exp - PC #193104 - Save $5 per day, up to $25. More details required - please edit.
  • Unknown exp - PC #104591 - Save $15 off a weekend rental (for members of ABNsave.com - free membership)

Weekend Only
  • 6/30/2016 - PC#198203. CDP#205521 - 2014 Entertainment code for a Buy one, Get one free weekend day rental (minimum 3 day rental). Any size except Porsche, Mercedes-AMG or Dream Cars.

Weekly Only

Still working through April 2017 (originally set to expire 1/31/14) - PC 192021 - Free Day For Hertz Gold Plus Rewards member, enjoy your First Day Free of 5 or more days at participating airport or off airport locations in the U.S., Canada. Full size and larger Corporate locations in USA and Canada - sourced Hertz Japan PLEASE DON'T DELETE WITHOUT CHECKING

Monthly and 10 Day
  • Unknown exp - PC# 180611 - $45 off min. 10 day rental. Intermediate & larger. (AAA)
  • Unknown Exp - 185415 - $50 off from a monthly booking.
  • USE RQ: MNTHLY - This will give a discounted rate, but it will be prepay, no refund no early return.

Upgrade
  • Unknown exp - PC# 180600 - Upgrade. Weekend or weekly. (AAA)

Other AAA Coupons
    http://www.aaa.com/AAA/common/travel...AAACoupon.html

Some wiki tips and pointers.
1) You can edit it. Anyone can, as long you have 90 posts in 90 days.

2) You can see the edit history by clicking Edit then View History. (I think you can -- if this is a moderator only option, please let me know.)
3) You can hide it, by clicking this +/- box on the upper right hand corner of the Wikipost.
Print Wikipost

PC and RQ Registry - Promotion Codes and Rate Codes only

Old Feb 15, 2012, 6:39 pm

Programs: Marriott, SW, United
Slash,

Would you take a look for me?
Denver 3/8-11
Mid Size SUV (looking for 4WD)
Hertz seems to have the best price at $200.
Old Feb 15, 2012, 6:46 pm

Programs: Marriott, SW, United
Free Sirius Radio

2 days of SiriusXM Satellite Radio free on minimum 2-day rentals with

PC# 168490 by 4/30/12.
Old Feb 15, 2012, 7:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by coolfez
It doesn't have a PC code that I need to enter, I tried the underage fee waiver code but it didn't work when I look at the final billing.
Thanks!
PC # 114314 (or whatever the underage waiver one is, I think I got it) will not actually display until you are at the rental desk... it says something along the lines of "PC will be applied at time of rental" when you book it online, then when you get there just confirm that the PC is on there. Usually they're good about getting it on but one time they didn't (I had several issues with that rental but that's for another time...), and I had to call the main Hertz line and they removed it over the phone.

tl;dr -- it works

-J.

P.S. but USAA is better!
Old Feb 15, 2012, 9:32 pm

Help with Atlanta rental

I have been trying for weeks to get something reasonable for April 3rd PM pick-up return April 7th at noon in Atlanta. Everything seems to be hovering around the $380-400. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
GVretiredguy
Old Feb 15, 2012, 10:12 pm
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Originally Posted by GVretiredguy
I have been trying for weeks to get something reasonable for April 3rd PM pick-up return April 7th at noon in Atlanta. Everything seems to be hovering around the $380-400. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
GVretiredguy
You didn't specify car type, but for a midsize, I'm seeing $340 with Hertz or $220 with Dollar. PM for details.
Old Feb 16, 2012, 12:12 am

Originally Posted by Bud Florida
Slash,

Would you take a look for me?
Denver 3/8-11
Mid Size SUV (looking for 4WD)
Hertz seems to have the best price at $200.
Assuming a 10AM pickup and dropoff, I'm seeing a discounted rate of $266 with Hertz right now for an Intermediate SUV.

The better rate is a $168.50 with Advantage after discount for a Standard SUV (Ford Explorer or similar). Advantage is owned by Hertz, so while a few less frills than Hertz, they basically have the same vehicles and in some cases much lower rates. PM if you need more help.
Old Feb 16, 2012, 5:04 am

Originally Posted by jzweighaft
PC # 114314 (or whatever the underage waiver one is, I think I got it) will not actually display until you are at the rental desk... it says something along the lines of "PC will be applied at time of rental" when you book it online, then when you get there just confirm that the PC is on there. Usually they're good about getting it on but one time they didn't (I had several issues with that rental but that's for another time...), and I had to call the main Hertz line and they removed it over the phone.

tl;dr -- it works

-J.

P.S. but USAA is better!
Thanks! I didn't know they could do that. I guess that makes sense, because one time I used a voucher to book over the phone and they tacked on the underage fee. Then when I picked up the car, the guy at the counter was like " oh you have a hertz #1 membership" so he took the fee off. I always assumed it was a fluke...

I'll look into the USAA. So I have to open up some sort of account with them to use the benefits? Thanks
Old Feb 16, 2012, 5:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Smile

Thanks! I didn't know they could do that. I guess that makes sense, because one time I used a voucher to book over the phone and they tacked on the underage fee. Then when I picked up the car, the guy at the counter was like " oh you have a hertz #1 membership" so he took the fee off. I always assumed it was a fluke...

I'll look into the USAA. So I have to open up some sort of account with them to use the benefits? Thanks
Well #1 also waives the fee...but so does USAA. As for USAA you just make an account with them, don't have to be in the military or anything, and you don't sign up for their insurance. Completely free... then go to their benefits page and look at rental cars. The only reason I suggest them is because their CDP rates are usually around 40% less than what you would otherwise pay. For instance I'm looking at cars in PWM next weekend... with the Delta CDP it's a $49 base rate for a full-size, while with USAA I'm only paying $24 a day. Combine it with a PC and you get one heck of a deal. They also treat you pretty well... so far my upgrades include a full-size to a Corvette (paid for that but still got it cheap) and a Ford Escape from a standard (free). And remember I'm only 20!

-J.
Old Feb 16, 2012, 6:26 am

Originally Posted by jzweighaft
Well #1 also waives the fee...but so does USAA. As for USAA you just make an account with them, don't have to be in the military or anything, and you don't sign up for their insurance. Completely free... then go to their benefits page and look at rental cars. The only reason I suggest them is because their CDP rates are usually around 40% less than what you would otherwise pay. For instance I'm looking at cars in PWM next weekend... with the Delta CDP it's a $49 base rate for a full-size, while with USAA I'm only paying $24 a day. Combine it with a PC and you get one heck of a deal. They also treat you pretty well... so far my upgrades include a full-size to a Corvette (paid for that but still got it cheap) and a Ford Escape from a standard (free). And remember I'm only 20!

-J.
I need to clear up a misconception here. Just being #1 Gold Club DOES NOT waive the underage fee. OTOH, if you are #1 Gold, and you use the Gold Family CDP (1826991) it will waive it. See here:

*Age 21 - 24
** Waiver of age differential fee and reduced rental rates are only available on rentals using the Gold Family CDP Number. This CDP will automatically be included for new enrollees.

You cannot just be #1 Gold and apply any random CDP and expect the underage fee to be waived. I'm not saying that it's never happened or that Hertz won't typically do it for #1 Gold Club members, but in reality unless the Gold Family CDP is on the rental (or you use an underage waiver PC code or USAA CDP), then you are theoretically on the hook to pay the fee.
Old Feb 16, 2012, 11:23 am

Programs: US Airways, Hilton Honors, Marriott Rewards, Hertz Gold
Hertz Rates Change

I have noticed that I can use the same CDP with Hertz but the rate changes greatly ($30/day up to $64/day). This does not happen with Avis.

Any ideas why??
Old Feb 16, 2012, 11:37 am

Originally Posted by NeverHome69
I have noticed that I can use the same CDP with Hertz but the rate changes greatly ($30/day up to $64/day). This does not happen with Avis.

Any ideas why??
The same CDP as what? What CDP are you using?
Old Feb 16, 2012, 2:52 pm

Thanks for all the advice!

I set up my USAA account and things were prized way cheaper than anything else I could find!

I did run into a problem though. I was unable to stack any PC codes with the USAA? I know someone here had the same problem and they fixed it by going through the USAA link and clicking on the offer that pops up. I did that, and the offer was great ($30 off a week) but it kept saying the PC code doesn't work.

I have tried two different location in my city (Savannah GA) and both are non airport. Is there any tricks I can do? Will calling in the reservation work better? Thanks
Old Feb 16, 2012, 2:59 pm

Thanks for all the advice!

I set up my USAA account and things were prized way cheaper than anything else I could find!

I did run into a problem though. I was unable to stack any PC codes with the USAA? I know someone here had the same problem and they fixed it by going through the USAA link and clicking on the offer that pops up. I did that, and the offer was great ($30 off a week) but it kept saying the PC code doesn't work.

I have tried two different location in my city (Savannah GA) and both are non airport. Is there any tricks I can do? Will calling in the reservation work better? Thanks
There are very few PC codes that will work with the USAA CDP. Booking through the USAA site or calling will not help.

We do have customers that book with their USAA discount on AutoSlash, and then we see if we can find a CDP to pair with it. We have been fairly successful in this regard in the past.
Old Feb 16, 2012, 10:05 pm

Atlanta Car Rental help

Originally Posted by GVretiredguy

Thanks
GVretiredguy
Originally Posted by AutoSlash
You didn't specify car type, but for a midsize, I'm seeing $340 with Hertz or $220 with Dollar. PM for details.
Thanks to the folks (Jonathan) at AutoSlash I was able to get a very good price and even upgraded to a larger car for a total of $10. I had never used them before but I am extremely happy with the outcome.

Thanks to AutoSlash for monitoring this site.

GVretiredguy & Wife
Old Feb 17, 2012, 1:44 pm

Hawaii car rental help..

Hi, we are going to a Hawaii from UK, in May , Big Island for 5 days and 10 days in Oahu and want to rent a car, i've looked for some discount codes and tried to apply but nothing seems to work to get some discount/price down. We want all the insurance be included. Any advise what code i could try? I'm not a gold card member for Hertz. Thank you in advance.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.