Rude bus driver with new seating procedure

Old May 23, 2012, 10:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: HertzPC; Delta-SILVER; Marriott-PLATINUM; Choice Hotels-DIAMOND
Rude bus driver with new seating procedure

This happened while being picked up at the terminal at Denver.

The bus driver stood near the rear door blocking the rear of the bus that had empty seats. He was directing everyone to the front of the bus where all the seats were taken. I asked if I could go to the rear to have a seat and he rudely said I had to go forward. After the front was full (standing and seated) he loaded the back.

Is this a new policy or just this drivers idea how to load passengers better?

Thanks, Jim
Old May 23, 2012, 10:32 am

Interesting, I don't see why they would care and I have not seen the same in my travels.
Old May 23, 2012, 10:38 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by jak71454

The bus driver stood near the rear door blocking the rear of the bus that had empty seats. He was directing everyone to the front of the bus where all the seats were taken. I asked if I could go to the rear to have a seat and he rudely said I had to go forward. After the front was full (standing and seated) he loaded the back.

Thanks, Jim
What did the Hertz CSR agent say when you asked out at the DEN rental facility? Is it a Hertz policy or a loser driver?
Old May 23, 2012, 10:48 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Often1
What did the Hertz CSR agent say when you asked out at the DEN rental facility? Is it a Hertz policy or a loser driver?
I sent an email later that day indicating the bus number and time of day and pickup point. No reply yet. Jim
Old May 23, 2012, 12:50 pm

Programs: Hertz Presidents, UA Plat, IHG Plat, MR Plat, HH Gold
Sounds like a Napoleonic complex to me...
Old May 23, 2012, 2:25 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
I sent an email later that day indicating the bus number and time of day and pickup point. No reply yet. Jim
Best place to fix problems is in the moment. Same thing with hotels and air carriers.
Old May 23, 2012, 6:41 pm

Programs: Hertz Presidents Circle, National EE, Lots of Stupid CCs&The I Am Crazy Enough To Actually Pay For F

Thanks, Jim
Lol that driver must be a real loser! Good thing it wasnt me on that bus. You could have always moved back there after the bus was underway.
Old May 23, 2012, 7:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, DL GM, Marriott Platinum
I think I know which Hertz driver this is. I've had a few zingers with that station. BTW, the Hertz Southwest HQ is co-located with the DEN station.
Old May 24, 2012, 8:22 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bmw745ion19s
Lol that driver must be a real loser! Good thing it wasnt me on that bus. You could have always moved back there after the bus was underway.
When I was able to move back all the seats were taken. Jim
Old May 24, 2012, 8:24 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Often1
Best place to fix problems is in the moment. Same thing with hotels and air carriers.
GREAT SUGGESTION, I will remember to do this in the future, THANKS. Jim
Old May 24, 2012, 11:21 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium (former PP), Hilton Silver, UA Silver, AS Member, Hertz 5*
You should have just walked back and took a seat. I don't care if someone tells me where to sit down. It is not like they are going to pick me up and force me to move somewhere I do not want to go. As for threatening to not move the bus, I'd be willing to call the bluff anytime.
Old May 30, 2012, 2:57 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by VA1379
You should have just walked back and took a seat. I don't care if someone tells me where to sit down. It is not like they are going to pick me up and force me to move somewhere I do not want to go. As for threatening to not move the bus, I'd be willing to call the bluff anytime.
He was physically blocking the way and he was big. Jim
Old May 30, 2012, 2:59 pm
Original Poster

I finally got a reply from Hertz:

Thank you for taking the time to contact us.

At Hertz, we pride ourselves on the high quality of our customer service, and it is disturbing to learn of the incident you described. There is never a reason for a Hertz employee to be rude or disrespectful and any unprofessional behavior will not be tolerated. We sincerely apologize for the impression our representative left with you. The appropriate management has been notified of your concerns for review with the personnel involved.

Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. We hope we will have other opportunities of serving you and regaining your complete confidence in the quality of our service.
Old May 30, 2012, 5:51 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, AS Lounge
Thanks for reporting this to Hertz. It's good to see that you got a proper response.
Old May 30, 2012, 8:02 pm

It was probably a weight and balance issue....

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.