altima a full size?

Old Jun 5, 2012, 6:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
The Altima has been a full size for a while now. Rental vehicle categories are always skewed so they can give you a smaller car and call it something bigger (i.e. an Avenger or Fusion as a FCAR ).

For Nissans in the Hertz fleet: Versa is B, Sentra is C, Altima coupe is D, Altima sedan is F (and Altima Hybrid is full-size hybrid), Maxima is G.

More info here

-J.
Old Jun 5, 2012, 7:04 am

Programs: Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Osiris10
Why when I reserved a Full Size was I offered a Dodge Avenger. I didn't think that was considered a Full Size anywhere!
Had a rental with Hertz for a full size and they tried to give me an Avenger. The Charger is the larger brother of the Avenger and it is full size (YF) I think.

My wife rented a mid size from Avis a year ago and got an Avenger.

Last edited by KevinMD; Jun 5, 2012 at 7:09 am Reason: added info.
Old Jun 5, 2012, 7:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by KevinMD
Had a rental with Hertz for a full size and they tried to give me an Avenger. The Charger is the larger brother of the Avenger and it is full size (YF) I think.

My wife rented a mid size from Avis a year ago and got an Avenger.
The "Y" in "YF" simply means it is a "specialty full-size" -- this basically means it is non-reservable at the time of booking, and is theoretically an upgrade from a simple "F" vehicle. It doesn't actually mean it's nicer than a F-tagged vehicle. It really doesn't mean much in this class, although in my experiences (and from what I've read here) it seems that Impalas/Malibus/Altimas (i.e. "real" FCARs) are tagged YF, while other ones (Fusions/Avengers/etc.) are tagged F. In other classes (a good example is the mid-size class) it looks like YCs are truly nicer vehicles than Cs.

-J.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.