Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Hertz courtesy shuttle service to the port of Miami

Old Feb 19, 2006, 7:52 am
Original Poster

Port of Miami Drop off?

Hi

Have tried hertz.co.uk (and then hertz.com) to price up a 2 day rental for September - pick up MIA, drop off "Port of Miami" (also tried the JW Marriot at drop off). But am geting the following error message:

"Return Location - You cannot return your vehicle to the location specified. Please choose an alternate return location. [DE32]"

Anybody know what is up with this?

Thanks,
Boo
Old Feb 19, 2006, 10:56 am
dhl

Originally Posted by Boo Boo Too
Hi

Have tried hertz.co.uk (and then hertz.com) to price up a 2 day rental for September - pick up MIA, drop off "Port of Miami" (also tried the JW Marriot at drop off). But am geting the following error message:

"Return Location - You cannot return your vehicle to the location specified. Please choose an alternate return location. [DE32]"

Anybody know what is up with this?

Thanks,
Boo
Drop off is Miami Downtown HLE. A Shuttle bus will take you from the Downtown Miami HLE location to the Port and back.

Miami Downtown HLE
354 Southeast 1st Street
Hours of Operation: Mo-Fr 0800-1800, Sa-Su 0800-1600
Old Jul 18, 2009, 6:56 pm

Drop-off at Port of Miami

Anyone has already booked pre-cruise car in Miami?

Which is the best place to drop-off? HLE Central or HLE Downtown?

Will they provide transport to the port?

Thanks,

Luiz
Old Jun 10, 2010, 4:02 am

Programs: Delta DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Starwood Gold, Hertz President's Circle, AVIS First

Has anyone taken the courtesy shuttle service? How does it work? I am planning to be in Miami on business for a few days and will be taking a cruise from the port of Miami. Where can I return the rental and take the shuttle to the port?

TIA
Old Jun 10, 2010, 9:30 am
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
I did and liked it so much I started a thread on it

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cruis...s-so-easy.html

The shuttle runs from the HLE at First Street. They have three vans they run constantly on cruise days, dropping off and picking people up. They bring you right to the entrance at the ship.

Just leave plenty of time, they can be very very busy and while they do take care of you fast, the line can be out the door and you may have to wait for a van with space.

It's probably a ten minute ride to the ship once you are in the van though.
Old Jun 10, 2010, 2:06 pm

Programs: Delta DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Starwood Gold, Hertz President's Circle, AVIS First
Originally Posted by cordelli
I did and liked it so much I started a thread on it

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cruis...s-so-easy.html

The shuttle runs from the HLE at First Street. They have three vans they run constantly on cruise days, dropping off and picking people up. They bring you right to the entrance at the ship.

Just leave plenty of time, they can be very very busy and while they do take care of you fast, the line can be out the door and you may have to wait for a van with space.

It's probably a ten minute ride to the ship once you are in the van though.
Thanks! I am returning my rental to the HLE at First Street. Do you have a sense at what time of the day does the place get busy?
Old Jun 10, 2010, 2:25 pm
In Memoriam

We got off the ship about 10:30, and there was a van literaly in front of the ship, so we jumped right in and headed over. It was busy then, but only because they probably had just as many early people returning at that time (those who had to be first to get on the ship) and those coming in to rent. There were complications with everybody in front of us, one was a language problem, second didn't have a credit card, so that's probably not normal. They had three people working. Part of the delay was that if you wanted to do a damage form, they walked out with you to do it, so they could not be serving anybody else at that time.

My gold rental was just sitting there waiting for me (indeed some people we were traveling with saw it at 7 am and left us a note in it).

We returned at the beginning of the cruise I think around 2:30 or 3, there was hardly any delay at all, we were second in line, they were quick, and it had slowed down so much there was only one shuttle running. They were quite nice, I'm sure if you call and ask they will tell you when they are busiest.

Oh, our GPS wasn't sure which side of the street they are on, it's the right side of the one way street. You pull into a small parking garage.
Old Jun 10, 2010, 3:08 pm

I checked out the HLE on Google and it seems to be a very small store front. Where would anyone park a return? I don't see a garage where you can return the car in. But I will given them a call for additional information.
Old Jun 10, 2010, 3:25 pm
In Memoriam

As you are coming down the street there's a little garage that maybe can hold a dozen or so cars right before the storefront (there's actually a greek restaurant with a blue awning between the entrance to the parking lot and Hertz). If you are using street view, back up past the awning and the girl in the green tank top, and if you zoom in to the lot you can see the Hertz return signs, the entrance is right in front of the mail truck (which of course won't be there when you go )
Old Jun 11, 2010, 7:55 am

Originally Posted by cordelli
As you are coming down the street there's a little garage that maybe can hold a dozen or so cars right before the storefront (there's actually a greek restaurant with a blue awning between the entrance to the parking lot and Hertz). If you are using street view, back up past the awning and the girl in the green tank top, and if you zoom in to the lot you can see the Hertz return signs, the entrance is right in front of the mail truck (which of course won't be there when you go )
Thanks for the markers. (girl in the green tank top & the mail truck). I can see the Hertz return sign.

In addition, on Hertz's website, for the return location you must select "Miami Downtown HLE" instead of the "Port of Miami" eventhough they have the same address. It seems that the website will not allow you to set the return the location to "Port of Miami" but will for "Miami Downtown HLE".
Old Jul 8, 2010, 8:40 am

Update:

I returned my rental car at the Miami Downtown HLE location and parked the car at the garage indicated by Cordelli. (BTW - a mail truck was in the exact spot as shown on google map) The Hertz shuttle driver took my bags and loaded them onto the van. I proceeded inside to the rental counter and close out my rental. I was at the port within 20 minutes. But keep in mind that during the low season (summer) the process will be easy and quick. It may be the opposite during winter months when there are more ships at port.

:-: GOLD STAR to Hertz for this extra service. :-:
Old Sep 22, 2011, 8:02 am
Suspended

hert courtesy shuttle

Originally Posted by NYCTaximan
Has anyone taken the courtesy shuttle service? How does it work? I am planning to be in Miami on business for a few days and will be taking a cruise from the port of Miami. Where can I return the rental and take the shuttle to the port?

TIA
Be advised Hertz Rent Car from Downtown Miami has courtesy shuttle, but Hertz Rent Car Miami Airport does not have courtesy shuttle from/to Port of Miami thus check which one you have.
Old Jan 15, 2015, 1:20 pm

Programs: PC Plat, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold,HHonors Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite
Anybody had any recent experiences with the cruise shuttle from the Downtown HLE.

I have a reservation to drop off a car before a cruise next month.
Old Jan 15, 2015, 10:03 pm

Programs: Lots
Originally Posted by ktremor
Anybody had any recent experiences with the cruise shuttle from the Downtown HLE.

I have a reservation to drop off a car before a cruise next month.
Just last week. Works perfectly fine. Give yourself an extra 15 minutes or so as during the busy times the shuttles do get full and you may have to wait for another shuttle. The actual ride itself is only 5-7 minutes.
Old Jan 16, 2015, 7:39 am

Programs: PC Plat, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold,HHonors Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Axey
Just last week. Works perfectly fine. Give yourself an extra 15 minutes or so as during the busy times the shuttles do get full and you may have to wait for another shuttle. The actual ride itself is only 5-7 minutes.
Thanks Axey. Its good to hear as I originally had one with Avis but heard some bad stories about them. After this and talking to the location last night I think I am going to stick with Hertz plus triple points doesnt hurt either.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.