Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Hertz courtesy shuttle service to the port of Miami

Hertz courtesy shuttle service to the port of Miami

Old Jan 19, 2015, 7:19 am

Programs: Delta DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Starwood Gold, Hertz President's Circle, AVIS First
I have done it twice at the HLE and it worked perfectly. Keep in mind especially on weekends, there will be many people doing the same. You will need to bring the car to their garage (part of a private parking facility) and take a small elevator down to the ground floor. HLE has at least two shuttles taking people to the cruise ports. You may want to drop everyone off first on the first floor before returning your rental. Have a good time on the cruise.
Old Jan 22, 2015, 7:13 am

Programs: PC Plat, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold,HHonors Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by NYCTaximan
I have done it twice at the HLE and it worked perfectly. Keep in mind especially on weekends, there will be many people doing the same. You will need to bring the car to their garage (part of a private parking facility) and take a small elevator down to the ground floor. HLE has at least two shuttles taking people to the cruise ports. You may want to drop everyone off first on the first floor before returning your rental. Have a good time on the cruise.

Thanks NYCTaximan. I have been on many cruises but somehow never out of Miami. I have embarked out of NYC, NOLA, Bayonne, Boston, Baltimore, Barcelona, Venice, and FLL but somehow missed Miami until now.
Old Jan 22, 2015, 10:35 am

Originally Posted by NYCTaximan
Another option is to drop passengers and luggage at the port before returning the car. I find it easier to take shuttles alone with no luggage.
Old Feb 24, 2015, 2:24 pm

Programs: PC Plat, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold,HHonors Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite
I had a pretty good experience on 2/15 dropping off my car. I pulled in around 1215pm dropped the family off with the luggage so they could wait in line for the shuttles. I took the car to the top deck of the garage where the rep checked the car. I took the elevator down and got in line in the office which was about 10 minutes as they do not have e-return. The rep checked me out and by the time I got outside two vans had arrived and they had loaded my family and luggage in the van and were waiting for me. We were the first people dropped off and were at Terminal B at 12:45.
Old Oct 28, 2017, 9:18 am

Don’t Use Hertz on Return

i don’t know about arriving at Port, but on return it was the WORST!
i tried calling the office that is closest to the port before we left on the cruise and upon return. They never answer , so don’t expect help there. I did get a hold of a person at the 1-800 number and they assured me that they have a regular Shuttle picking up right where you get off the boat. After waiting 45 minutes and confirming with NCL outside workers that we were in the right place, no shuttle fir Hertz ever came. We saw Alamo, Dollat, Thrifty, National, Enterprise, and every other rental company shuttles come and go regularly about every 5-10 min. Finally took a Taxi for about $17 to the location. The saga continued. Large crowd of folks in line and one guy behind the counter. After 10 min or so a few other guys arrived. Forget gold line. Stood there and was equally ignored. Got in regular line.
it moved quickly once extra help come in.
when we finally got to see a rep he advised that there was a waiting list to get s car fir people with reservations of up to two hours. He also advised that they did have regular shuttle running to the port, and would look at the cab receipt to deduct from rental once a car arrived for us and they completed the contract.
At this time I currently wait.
i spend thousands on Hertz rentals every year, and this is the worst rental xperience I have had with Hertz. They have been great in other cities, but avoid Port of Miami Hertz. Poorly organized.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.