Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs/Partners > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Sign in using an external account

Old Feb 27, 10, 7:20 am   #1

Transfer or sell Hertz points?

I have 12000 hertz points and recently found out that i can't use them internationally to book rentals, which renders them useless in my book. I'm a member of Marriott Rewards and also United Plus, what are my best options as far as transferring or selling these points?

Thanks!
waynemarci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 10, 8:37 am   #2

Programs: Hertz PC; National EE; CX, Hilton, Marriott & SPG Gold; AC Tangerine
Hertz #1 Awards Points may also be exchanged for frequent traveler miles or credits. A minimum balance of 600 Points will be required to exchange #1 Awards Points for miles/points or credits. All Point redemptions must be in increments of 600 Points. The exchange rate of #1 Awards Points to airline miles will be 600 Points: 500 airline miles; or 600 points for one creditor one point. Once Points are exchanged, all airline frequent traveler program rules, procedures and policies regarding mileage/credit validity, redemption and expiration will apply. The member is responsible for any applicable taxes on frequent traveler miles/points. Certain participating accounts may not be permitted to exchange #1 Awards Points for frequent traveler miles or credits.The following frequent traveler programs are participating in this Program: Aeroplan (Air Canada), Alaska Airlines, American Airlines®, Amtrak®, Continental Airlines, Delta Air Lines®, Frontier AirlinesTM, Hawaiian Airlines®, Marriot Rewards®, Midwest Airlines, Priority Club® Rewards, Southwest Airlines®, United Airlines®, and US Airways®. Travel partner participation in this Program may change without notice.
briantoronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 10, 10:00 am   #3

Programs: WN,DL,BA
i would hang on to them 12000 points gets you almost 5 weeks of free weekly rentals A-F class $250 X 5 $1200, if you transfer to airline points/hotel you get 10,000 or $100
Hertz4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 10, 1:03 pm   #4

can i use hertz points to upgrade an international rental? are they of any use at all on international rentals?
waynemarci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 10, 1:09 pm   #5

Programs: WN,DL,BA
you sure can't, i would hang on to them, if their expiring soon, book an award rental then cancel it, it will extend it by 2 years
Hertz4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 10, 8:01 am   #6

Programs: CO Silver, Hyatt Platinum, Priority Club Gold
I just need to top off an account with some expiring points. Is there a way to do the transfer online? I cant seem to find a way to do it on the website.
drnp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 10, 12:36 am   #7

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Plat
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hertz4me View Post
you sure can't, i would hang on to them, if their expiring soon, book an award rental then cancel it, it will extend it by 2 years
Pure genuis! Thank you I did not know this you just saved me 3,000 pts!
jascp is offline   Reply With Quote