Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Hawaii
Reload this Page >

Oahu/Honolulu: Consolidated Honolulu/Waikiki/Greater Honolulu Hotel/Lodging Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Oahu/Honolulu: Consolidated Honolulu/Waikiki/Greater Honolulu Hotel/Lodging Thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2004, 10:27 pm

Programs: AA Gold
Is PK still a good place to stay, room-wise? I know the view might stink and there might be noise from the street... but we're really strapped for cash on our honeymoon and just want a nice bed to curl up in at night. PK is the best rate we found of the Starwoods but we'd consider another hotel if the price and room is right.

Thanks!!

-Shannon
Old Apr 12, 2005, 8:28 pm

Super Cheap accomodation near Waikiki

Does anyone have any information or links where I can stay in Honolulu, near Waikiki for $70 or less per night. I will be there from July 28 to Aug 2. I am on a tight budget and appreciate any suggestions. Thank you
Old Apr 13, 2005, 1:09 am

suggest you try mobissimo or yahoo travel or sidestep. you'll find them all. the ohana's, the outriggers. we've done ohana maile skycourt a few times, and it is okay. you're getting what you pay for, but it is not awful.
Old Apr 13, 2005, 2:56 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz
Original Poster

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Why not check out biddingfortravel.com and then trying a Priceline bid?

Or see what Hotwire offers you?
Old Apr 13, 2005, 10:36 am

Originally Posted by cblaisd
Why not check out biddingfortravel.com and then trying a Priceline bid?

Or see what Hotwire offers you?
Definitely agree. You can see in their forum that several people have gotten three-star hotels for $60/night (pre-tax). Just be SURE you are definitely going on the dates you bid. It non-refundable. Good luck

http://p070.ezboard.com/fpricelinean...abiddinghawaii
Old Apr 13, 2005, 2:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
www.hotwire.com has waikiki hotels starting at $53/night.

Phil
Old Apr 13, 2005, 3:38 pm

Programs: HH Gold, MR Silver, PC Platinum, CC Gold
I'm going to Hawaii in the distant future, not this year, but, just fooling around and looking at prices, I plugged in an August date for this year a few days ago and found an Aston about a block or two from Wakiki Beach. I forget the name of the hotel. I think it was rated 2-star. It was $72 for the basic room. A room with a refrigerator was $90, but, the special for that time of year was after 5 nights, the 6th was free, which brought you back to a net of about $72 per night. I think I started my search from Hawaii.com. I get an email from them about once a week. I'm not sure if that hotel had a pool. I forgot to check about that. Otherwise, if it's clean, what do you care if it's a 2-star? If you're in paradise, are you going to spend any time in a hotel room, for goodness sake?
Old Apr 13, 2005, 7:18 pm

Programs: AA 2MM
Aston has several properties in Waikiki, ranging from basic to luxury. They do accept Entertainment Book rate (if not expecting the hotel to be full), which brings prices down to about half of rack rate. A really good deal, we've found.
Old Apr 13, 2005, 8:54 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold, AA Platinum (but I also just pay for upgrades if I want them)
I used Priceline and got one for $60

Priceline got one for $60, Park Shore Waikiki, which is right across from beach, a 3 star hotel. Decent deal for the area
Old Apr 14, 2005, 4:58 pm

Thanks for the info, after doing a little research I have found some places for reasonable prices. I am going to be in Honolulu from July 28-Aug2, how early do I need to start looking to book a hotel?
Old Apr 14, 2005, 5:07 pm

My advice is to look around and find a deal that you can live with and book it ASAP. Make sure you can cancel it with no penalties.

In June, start bidding on Priceline. If you beat your 'back up' reservation, you can cancel it. If you don't beat it, you have it.

Good luck.
Old Apr 15, 2005, 2:20 pm

Programs: Delta PM; Sheraton's Vistana BOD; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by ALadyNCal
My advice is to look around and find a deal that you can live with and book it ASAP. Make sure you can cancel it with no penalties.

In June, start bidding on Priceline. If you beat your 'back up' reservation, you can cancel it. If you don't beat it, you have it.

Good luck.
Beware of Priceline. I confirmed a stay at a 3* hotel. With two weeks to go until travel, I discovered Priceline had downgraded it to a 2* Did they notify me? No. The swimming pool had closed and all sorts of problems developed. Caveat Emptor!
Old Apr 15, 2005, 4:05 pm

Programs: UAL1K 2MM UGS, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by yogimax
Beware of Priceline. I confirmed a stay at a 3* hotel. With two weeks to go until travel, I discovered Priceline had downgraded it to a 2* Did they notify me? No. The swimming pool had closed and all sorts of problems developed. Caveat Emptor!
I know I'm throwing gas on the fire but isn't working with Priceline the modern day equivalent of buying a pig-in-a-poke?

You agree to pay something for something, sight unseen and then surprise, when the curtain goes back you're either delighted or infuriated.

I don't mind using them for the an occasional single night here or there - but no way would I hand over my vacation experience to Priceline.

Fully realize that some see the "surprise" as all part of the fun. Not for me though.

General comment about Waikiki hotels - be careful booking around Lewers Street. Major construction has started April 1 as Outrigger pulls down & renovates several quite old Ohana properties. Noise etc is unavoidable. See the Ohanahotels website for a press release with all the details. The Lewers / Beachwalk area will be under construction for years to come.

Aloha

Lihu'e1k
Old Apr 15, 2005, 4:11 pm

Originally Posted by lihue1k
I know I'm throwing gas on the fire but isn't working with Priceline the modern day equivalent of buying a pig-in-a-poke?

You agree to pay something for something, sight unseen and then surprise, when the curtain goes back you're either delighted or infuriated.

I don't mind using them for the an occasional single night here or there - but no way would I hand over my vacation experience to Priceline.

Fully realize that some see the "surprise" as all part of the fun. Not for me though.

General comment about Waikiki hotels - be careful booking around Lewers Street. Major construction has started April 1 as Outrigger pulls down & renovates several quite old Ohana properties. Noise etc is unavoidable. See the Ohanahotels website for a press release with all the details. The Lewers / Beachwalk area will be under construction for years to come.

Aloha

Lihu'e1k
I agree completely. Bid for 1 night? Even then probably not. A car rental - that's fine. I like to know as much as possible in advance as far as where I'm staying. Maybe I'm just too compulsive. Anyway, I use tripadviser for all hotels I'm considering where I have not stayed before (and recently). So I might have mobissimo open in one window, google maps in another, and tripadviser in a third. That works great for me.
Old Aug 4, 2005, 3:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
any current updates for HNL

Any current summer 2005 updates for HNL?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.