Reload this Page >

Oahu/Honolulu/HNL : Consolidated "Hotels Near Honolulu Airport" Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 28, 2016, 4:14 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyinHawaiian
Alternative thread for those considering "roughing it" - http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hawaii/1742268-sleeping-overnight-hnl-airport.html
Print Wikipost

Oahu/Honolulu/HNL : Consolidated "Hotels Near Honolulu Airport" Thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2004, 1:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Wow, an old bump

aloha

p.s. The airport hotel is now closed.
Old Mar 21, 2004, 9:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, HH DMD, MAR PLT
I was a little surprised when I received the flyertalk e-mail about this one. It was a great trip....a little more than 2 years ago. Ah, memories.

Old Apr 29, 2004, 1:55 am
Suspended

try this

Best Western The Plaza Hotel - 1/2 mile from HNL airport. The phone nbr is 808-836-3636
Old Jan 1, 2005, 7:20 pm

Programs: PLAT -- 2.7Million
For proximity to HNL, I prefer the Honolulu Airport Hotel. It is just a very brief taxi or airport shuttle ride from HNL. The hotel is walking distance to Byron's, which is a 24-hour take-away restaurant where you'll usually find lots of locals and some great fried chicken.
A bit of walk further you can find a nice little peninsula just off the east end of one of HNL's runways. Nice for watching aircraft. I've always been the only person there, so there is some tranquility (between flights!!).

The Honolulu Airport hotel itself is nothing special, but is very convenient to HNL. It does have a nice pool and sundeck.

I got a room on Priceline for $62 per night 21-24 Jan, 2004. In the past I've paid $95 by calling the hotel directly.

You can read hotel reviews on TripAdvisor.com : http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev...hu_Hawaii.html

Don't expect too much and you may not be disappointed.
Old May 6, 2005, 9:16 pm

Programs: UAL1K 2MM UGS, Hilton Gold
It would be difficult to get your standards low enough to enjoy either The Airport Hotel or the near by Plaza. Truly they are one star tops!

Another option, closer than the Ala Moana by half is the Aston Executive Center. This is "the" hotel for those doing government business in downtown Honolulu. http://www.hotels.com/property.jsp?property=18418&PSR

Rates can be high here, but I've paid as little as $65 depending on day of the week etc.

The hotel is walking distance to the aloha tower marketplace and the cruise ship pier. A much superior option less than 10 minutes from the airport.

Aloha,

Lihu'e 1k
Old May 8, 2005, 3:48 pm

Originally Posted by lihue1k
It would be difficult to get your standards low enough to enjoy either The Airport Hotel or the near by Plaza. Truly they are one star tops! Lihu'e 1k
couldn't be more true lihue. i've stayed at them all, and most recently the marina pacific about 2 months ago (just too late to connect home and had a very early am flight to lihue). it was overall one of the worst motel experiences i've ever had. the shuttle driver on the way back to hnl told me that in addition to it being a slum, they have lots of problems with drugs, prostitution, and other crimes. wouldn't recommend it to anyone but my worst enemy.
Old May 9, 2005, 12:27 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
After a UA-caused misconnect last year, UA put me up at the airport hotel.

It is certainly not a destination hotel. But for a few hours sleep it was fine. Clean. Small room. Easy to get to the terminal.

Restaurant made a suprisingly good cheeseburger.
Old Jun 15, 2005, 2:10 am

and then theres the other option

there is a place called "shower tree" just off the airport. 30 bucks for a "sleeping quarters" and a shower. Nothing special, but from what I gather some pilots use it often on turnarounds. I have yet to be in hawaii and have the need for that, since I have family in the islands, but it is on my list of "last resorts".

http://www.showertree.com/pages/305949/index.htm
Old Jun 15, 2005, 3:47 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
You may want to look in the extensive "Accomodations" FAQ that slippahs has put together on the Hawaii forum as part of his just-about-everything-you-ever-wanted to know FAQ.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showp...16&postcount=3
Old Jul 1, 2005, 9:34 pm

Originally Posted by kenjack
I am arriving at HNL about 10pm and need to fly out again at 11:00am the next day.

I am looking for the closest hotel to the airport that has a shuttle (or a reasonable taxi fare). I am not looking for anything special or points. However, I do not want to stay the roach motel either.

Any suggestions close to HNL
Actually, any hotel from waikiki on up to the airport isn't really that far away in terms of time unless you're driving during rush hour back to the airport. But, with a departure time of 11:00AM I don't think you'll need to drive at rush hour.
There are two hotels right near the airport that are literally within walking distance - maybe a mile or two outside the airport itself. One is the the Plaza and the other I forget the name right now. They aren't the fanciest, but they are decent.
Old Jul 3, 2005, 8:51 pm

Programs: PLAT -- 2.7Million
Originally Posted by ezmonee
there is a place called "shower tree" just off the airport. 30 bucks for a "sleeping quarters" and a shower. Nothing special, but from what I gather some pilots use it often on turnarounds. I have yet to be in hawaii and have the need for that, since I have family in the islands, but it is on my list of "last resorts".

http://www.showertree.com/pages/305949/index.htm
Yikes, if at all possible do take a look at the showertree before you book there. I've walked by this establishment many times. From the outside it'd make the Honolulu Airport Hotel look 4-star!

I tried to get a room there once but it was booked, so I will admit that it does get some traffic. Just as well; I prefer a private shower/toilet (en-suite), which according to the website the Showertree does not offer.

Last edited by AAJetMan; Jul 3, 2005 at 8:53 pm
Old Jan 22, 2007, 5:38 pm

Hotel Suggestion Close to HNL Airport

I hope I am in the correct thread to post this question...I have a 18-hour lay over in Honolulu arriving late in the afternoon and deperting the next morning for NRT at 10am...any suggestions of a confortable hotel close to the HNL airport for this stay?
Old Jan 22, 2007, 5:41 pm
Suspended

Programs: UNITED 2K HILTON DIAMOND
best western airport hotel only one at the airport thats not a fleabag
Old Jan 22, 2007, 5:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Wander on over to the Hawaii forum and do a search

The general consensus is there isn't a decent hotel around.
Old Jan 22, 2007, 6:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Mahalo to obscure2k for moving this thread to the Hawaii forum.

There are only a few choices around the airport, as outlined in the Guide to Connecting in Hawaii linked below in my signature. Choose neither of them, unless you're really apprehensive about transitting into Waikiki.

If you aren't, and you're looking for something on the nicer end, go with a hotel in Waikiki, which we can advise you on further.

cblaisd seems to have a lot of experiences at the Best Western, and hopefully he'll chime in here.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.