Reload this Page >

Oahu/Honolulu/HNL : Consolidated "Hotels Near Honolulu Airport" Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 28, 2016, 4:14 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyinHawaiian
Alternative thread for those considering "roughing it" - http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hawaii/1742268-sleeping-overnight-hnl-airport.html
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2001, 10:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, HH DMD, MAR PLT

I am arriving at HNL about 10pm and need to fly out again at 11:00am the next day.

I am looking for the closest hotel to the airport that has a shuttle (or a reasonable taxi fare). I am not looking for anything special or points. However, I do not want to stay the roach motel either.

Any suggestions close to HNL
Old Aug 2, 2001, 1:48 am

Programs: Lapsed elite statuses galore
I think there's a Holiday Inn (or at least there used to be) at the airport...and there may be one other smaller hotel just outside. But I've never set foot in either, so don't take this as a recommendation in any sense of the word.

The Ala Moana Hotel is on the outskirts of Waikiki by the shopping center...for some reason, I think it might be a Renaissance brand...probably 15-20 minutes away from HNL and a nice place.
Old Aug 3, 2001, 4:54 am

Programs: OnePass
The Holiday Inn that used to be by the HNL airport is no longer. It is now the Honolulu Airport Hotel. They have a web site: http://www.honoluluairporthotel.com

Close by is a Best Western. Their web site is http://www.travelweb.com/booker/AppL...d=12008&iid=BW

But probably the most convenient option for you, since you are simply connecting to another flight, would be to use the "Mini-Hotel" in the HNL airport terminal itself. Rates are $38 for 8 hours, $8/hr additional. You can make reservations at 808-836-3044.
Old May 22, 2002, 7:04 am

Programs: Delta Diamond/3MM; Hyatt Globalist; Hilton Diamond; Hertz PC
Oahu/Honolulu: Consolidated Hotels Near Honolulu Airport Thread

I'm planning a trip to the Big Island at Christmas and will arrive HNL late with a flight to KOA early the next morning.

Any recommendations for a decent airport hotel at or near HNL?

2 adults, 2 kids, need shuttle service.

Thanks

Old May 22, 2002, 11:01 am

Programs: HHonors (Gold), One Pass (Peon)
We are in the same boat - but only the 2 of us. I asked for advice, and all of the responses said to avoid the nearby fleabags like the plague. We may stay there anyway, as we will be getting in around 8 PM and have a 6:30 flight the next morning. We are going late in October, so will give an honest report if we stay near the airport.

Good luck,

DD
Old May 22, 2002, 3:39 pm

I would suggest staying in Waikiki overnight. That way you can get a decent dinner and take a walk. The airport is about 15 minutes from Waikiki during off-peak traffic hours, which is when you will be departing, so there's no need to worry about catching your flight. I would leave about 5:00 to catch a 6:30 flight because of security. Enjoy!
Old May 22, 2002, 4:19 pm

A taxi from HNL into Waikiki will run about $25.00 - $35.00 (depending on where you are going, traffic, etc.). There are no hotel shuttles at HNL (as far as I know). The nearby hotels (Plaza, etc.) are really nasty. Better to take the short ride into Waikiki, go for a nice walk in the area, stick your toes in the ocean, etc.
Old May 22, 2002, 8:48 pm

Check out Sheryl's BiddingForTravel.com message board. People regularly get nice Waikiki hotels for sometimes 50 and 60 dollars through Priceline!
Old May 22, 2002, 11:12 pm
LLM
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My husband arrived at 7 am on an intl flight while we were arriving at 2 pm from SAN. I booked him a day room at the Honolulu Airport Hotel to nap and shower in. He didn't make any negative comments on the room - maybe too zonked. Lobby, restrooms and staff were OK when we came by in the rental car to pick him up. They have a shuttle - you have to call. Restaurant LOOKED OK, but he didn't eat there so I can't comment. It's only minutes from the airport. I think it's rated a 2-star and available on Priceline.
Old May 23, 2002, 3:22 am

Programs: Delta Diamond/3MM; Hyatt Globalist; Hilton Diamond; Hertz PC
Great feedback.

I, too, get in at night (9:30p) after a 6 hour time change, and will take an early flight to Kona, so I'm not sure that we'll have the energy to travel to and from Waikiki for such a brief period.

We'll also have lots of bags for our family, so the closer to the airport we can get the better. We can handle a 2 star hotel for one night, as it will make the Waikaloa Village seem that much better.

Littleleaguemom, thanks for the Priceline referral to Honolulu Airport Hotel. I'll check it out.

DoggyDaddy, I'd love to hear what you find in October.
Old Jan 18, 2004, 2:35 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Pacific Marina Inn – motel very close to HNL

Wanted a hotel near Honolulu airport for a very early morning flight.

Stayed at the Pacific Marina Inn for $62 internet rate.

Hotel was clean with a nice sized pool. The fact that it is in an industrial area may bother some.

Free anytime shuttle service provided to/from airport.

Pacific Marina Inn
2628 Waiwai Loop
Honolulu
Old Jan 18, 2004, 2:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Sweet Willie:
Pacific Marina Inn – motel very close to HNL</font>
Very good advice!

aloha
Old Jan 20, 2004, 5:41 pm

I will also be arriving at the airport late (9:00PM) and I have an early flight out. The Best Western Plaza's web site says that it has renovated rooms. Has any one stayed there recently.
Nancy
Old Feb 17, 2004, 8:55 pm

We stayed there in July as we arrived late into Honolulu from Ohio and were going over to Kauai the next morning. We got the AAA rate. We wanted to stay near the airport and not have to rent a car, etc. The hotel was very dumpy and the interstate highway is literally right on top of the hotel and was noisy. The beds were horrible. The worst part is we had 3 children with us and they said the rooms would accommodate 5 people and we were guaranteed a rollaway. We only needed somewhere to sleep for the night as we had a very early flight to Kauai the next day. Even though I had called the hotel the morning we left to confirm the rollaway, etc. when we arrived they had no rollaway for us. This hotel is very poorly managed. I would never want to stay there again and cannot recommend it.
Old Mar 19, 2004, 8:54 pm

I would not go to hotels located by the airport. Try finding something like the Hilton Hawaiian VIllage or Ala Moana Hotel. Its only 20 minutes by car and you are not stuck in a seedy part of town. Waikiki Beach is where the action is. If you come this far you can certainly take a 20 minute bus or taxi ride.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.