Consolidated "Shower at/near HNL? [Shower Tree now closed]" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Shower at/near HNL? [Shower Tree now closed]" thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2011, 11:28 pm

Programs: Delta
Reviving this thread. Any recent success with finding a shower for a long layover at or around HNL? I'll be there for a 10-hour layover in a couple of days. I've used the Shower Tree in the past (as noted in earlier posts) but its gone. Last time I had one of these long layovers I was with my 2 sons, so we just rented a very inexpensive hotel room to take a shower and change clothes before our night flight. This time by myself, so don't want to spend that kind of money just for a shower.

Outside of the American Airlines club at the airport, any ideas for a quick shower before getting onto my second flight?
Old Sep 7, 2011, 5:07 am
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
Nothing that I am aware of I used the AA lounge as there was nothing by the airport.
Old Oct 9, 2011, 3:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Does the DL SC have a shower?
Old Oct 9, 2011, 6:03 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Not according to this:

http://www.delta.com/traveling_check...ions/index.jsp
Old Oct 9, 2011, 8:22 am

Ditto! No!
Old Nov 27, 2011, 2:17 am

Programs: AA EXP and Eurostar Carte Blanche
Now that the AA Admirals Club at HNL has moved, and the new location does not have a shower, thought it might be useful to bump this thread to see if there are any other shower options at HNL. Doesn't seem like it…

Originally Posted by seanthepilot
I've always taken the city bus to Waikiki and then paid for day spa privileges. SO many nice hotels. Usually able to leave my luggage for a few hours too.
This might be the next best idea after anthonyanthony's suggestion about the Royal Grove Hotel. Anyone care to give some suggestions for day spas (i.e. hotel names)?

Thank you!
Old Nov 2, 2012, 11:14 pm

Any recent news?

Bumping this thread because I am looking for a place to shower in or near HNL. I am arriving on HA 17 at 5:50am and would like to take a quick shower before heading to my client's site. Anyone have any suggestions? Too bad that Shower Tree place is closed. Any good options?

Thanks!
Old Nov 3, 2012, 1:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP and Eurostar Carte Blanche
If you have access, the Qantas lounge at HNL has showers.
Old Jan 14, 2013, 8:04 am

Programs: UA Premier Gold
Hi all,

Was reading through this thread and I haven't found much updated on showers around the area. I'm doing a same day turn MR and was wondering if there's anywhere I can stop and take a shower. I have about 6-7 hrs in HNL.

Away from Honolulu would be best, I'm going to rent a car and hopefully drive to somewhere else on the island.

Thanks!
Old Jan 14, 2013, 3:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by GKC1987
Hi all,

Was reading through this thread and I haven't found much updated on showers around the area. I'm doing a same day turn MR and was wondering if there's anywhere I can stop and take a shower. I have about 6-7 hrs in HNL.

Away from Honolulu would be best, I'm going to rent a car and hopefully drive to somewhere else on the island.

Thanks!
I'd just bring some trunks, sunscreen and a bar of soap- stop by a beach- swim a bit and shower off at one of the many public parks with showers (note- most are just four shower heads on a pole- no privacy. But have done this before.
Old Jan 16, 2013, 9:21 am

Programs: UA Premier Gold
Originally Posted by beckoa
I'd just bring some trunks, sunscreen and a bar of soap- stop by a beach- swim a bit and shower off at one of the many public parks with showers (note- most are just four shower heads on a pole- no privacy. But have done this before.
As long as people don't judge me for singing

all kidding aside, there's place called Polynesian Hostel Beach Club Waikiki that I went to last time. I just wanted to avoid that area since it gets a bit crowded. Should be able to get in for around $20.
Old Jan 16, 2013, 11:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by GKC1987
As long as people don't judge me for singing

all kidding aside, there's place called Polynesian Hostel Beach Club Waikiki that I went to last time. I just wanted to avoid that area since it gets a bit crowded. Should be able to get in for around $20.
Now if that included a luau

But singing is probably ok unless it disturbs the Honu
Old Jan 20, 2013, 8:40 am

Programs: BA SIL, WN A, UA SIL, Marriott TIT (LT), Hilton DIA
According to the website, the HNL USO has shower facilities. Located by baggage claim (ground side).

The HNL airport official website looks like it has not been updated in years. Anyone know if it is still open/has showers?

I will be there next week and will report.
Old Jan 20, 2013, 4:53 pm

Originally Posted by nachosdelux
According to the website, the HNL USO has shower facilities. Located by baggage claim (ground side).

The HNL airport official website looks like it has not been updated in years. Anyone know if it is still open/has showers?

I will be there next week and will report.
It is reported that it will REOPEN 2/4. Informant didn't know re. showers.
For phone # try 808-833-2012 or 808-836-3351. Area director #808-422-1213
Old Jan 20, 2013, 10:35 pm

Originally Posted by KenfromDE
It is reported that it will REOPEN 2/4. Informant didn't know re. showers.
For phone # try 808-833-2012 or 808-836-3351. Area director #808-422-1213
HNL USO has a shower from what a friend and I recall.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.