Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Hawaii
Reload this Page >

HNL and KOA Renamed to Honor Senator Daniel K. Inouye and Astronaut Ellison Onizuka

HNL and KOA Renamed to Honor Senator Daniel K. Inouye and Astronaut Ellison Onizuka

Old Jun 26, 2017, 7:53 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Free Agent
Originally Posted by Lavarock7
I personally have no objection to Onizuka being honored with an airport name, but my issue is with a politician. It seems to me that at least 1/2 the public might not be fans of a politician because of their political party.
That ship sailed around the time Congress decided to rename Washington National Airport after a man reviled by the locals. Airports named after politicians are common now.

I'd prefer if they would use "Honolulu - Daniel K Inoye" or "Kona - Ellison Onizuka". The sole use of Daniel K Inoye is terribly confusing..
Agreed. It's helpful when airports named after people continue to include the location as well.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 4:19 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
MODERATOR ALERT

Sorry, folks, I had to step in and remove a few posts that were lacking in aloha spirit. This forum is *not* the place for political discussions about either Senator Inouye or Colonel Onizuka. Please limit your discussion to matters travel-related and with the goal of helping other members.

Mahalo for your kokua.

FlyinHawaiian, Co-Moderator
Hawaii (Travel) Forum

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.