Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Hawaii
Reload this Page >

Is it easy to buy a collapsible 4-wheel cart near Lahaina?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2017, 5:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: GM on VX, UA, AA, HA, AS, SY; Budget Fastbreak

Hi all
Last year our rental unit had a collapsible 4-wheel cart that had a handle and helped us transport beach stuff, towels, and snacks.
It was great to transport stuff from our room to car (via elevator), then from car to various beaches (mile marker 12, baby beach, etc - Napili was tougher due to steps)
I've seen this type of cart at Amazon online plus Costco.
I don't want to go to Costco by OGG but I'm hoping that Times or Safeway or some other supermarket will have this.
This cart feels too big to transport in our luggage.
Does anyone near Lahaina / kapalua know if this cart is available to buy near Honua Kai, and which store to check?
Thanks
Michael
Old Feb 13, 2017, 8:28 am

You can rent one from https://www.babyrentalsmaui.com/product/wagon-2/.
They are just down the street from Honua Kai , otherwise you would have to buy one back in Kalului at either Walmart, Target, Costco, or Home Depot. When will you be at HK? We will be there in 4 days for 16 days, this will be our 4th Maui vacation.
Old Feb 13, 2017, 9:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 1sharpedge
You can rent one from https://www.babyrentalsmaui.com/product/wagon-2/.
They are just down the street from Honua Kai , otherwise you would have to buy one back in Kalului at either Walmart, Target, Costco, or Home Depot. When will you be at HK? We will be there in 4 days for 16 days, this will be our 4th Maui vacation.
Ha ha, us too for Thursday departure! 12 days - I returned there in 2011 as a married father after a 28 year gap of no Hawaii in my life. Now I only want to go there for holiday and someone we convince friends to return to HK lodging. Now it's my goal for annual vacation - and so HK for 6 days and we will also do Grand Wailea for first time ever, for 6 days to try those water slides.

Let's find each other at koi feeding! All I really do is sit albeit some telecommute working to help with costs...

I've been to Hong Kong a bunch but now only want Honua Kai as my HK for vacation.

Thank you for your post!!!!!
Old Feb 13, 2017, 5:52 pm

Originally Posted by gaobest
Ha ha, us too for Thursday departure! 12 days - I returned there in 2011 as a married father after a 28 year gap of no Hawaii in my life. Now I only want to go there for holiday and someone we convince friends to return to HK lodging. Now it's my goal for annual vacation - and so HK for 6 days and we will also do Grand Wailea for first time ever, for 6 days to try those water slides.

Let's find each other at koi feeding! All I really do is sit albeit some telecommute working to help with costs...

I've been to Hong Kong a bunch but now only want Honua Kai as my HK for vacation.

Thank you for your post!!!!!
Unfortunately the Lava Slide is closed.
Old Feb 13, 2017, 8:04 pm

Programs: Delta
What about Longs at Cannery Mall?
Old Feb 14, 2017, 3:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I've made my reservation with Maui baby rentals. Very exciting!
If it doesn't work out, then I can look at longs and times as I'll still get groceries :-)
Very excited!!!!
Old Feb 16, 2017, 7:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Maui Baby Rentals delivered the wagon & cabana in our room so that it was there before we arrived. So great. I highly recommend this for now :-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.