Wiki Posts
Search

TSA at HNL?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2016, 5:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA, AA
TSA at HNL?

People over on another site keep going on about how arduous inter-island travel is...just how long are the TSA lines at HNL (for inter-island on Hawaiian) anyway? How long does it take to check bags and get through TSA on a Monday for an 11 am flight?
Thanks!
Old Dec 15, 2016, 5:48 pm

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Have Pre-Check? Lines are not long at all.

No Pre-Check? Lines can be a pain, just like anywhere else. Get there early and be prepared for a wait on line. Then, go home and get Pre-Check.
Old Dec 15, 2016, 6:50 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 747FC
Have Pre-Check? Lines are not long at all.

No Pre-Check? Lines can be a pain, just like anywhere else. Get there early and be prepared for a wait on line. Then, go home and get Pre-Check.
Well, we have Global Entry and I put the passid #'s in the Hawaiian passenger data so I hope we get pre-check. We always get it on United but not sure on Hawaiian. United sold the ticket but I figure they may not have sent Hawaiian the known traveler numbers.
Old Dec 15, 2016, 11:50 pm

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Originally Posted by welltended
Well, we have Global Entry and I put the passid #'s in the Hawaiian passenger data so I hope we get pre-check. We always get it on United but not sure on Hawaiian. United sold the ticket but I figure they may not have sent Hawaiian the known traveler numbers.
Hope it works out for you! At least you will know T-24...

Are you flying F on HA? If so you have access to the Hawaiian Air Premier Club on Departure Level. If not, are you a Priority Pass member? They have a Plumeria Lounge on the Mezzanine level right above the TSA area.
Old Dec 16, 2016, 6:35 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 747FC
Hope it works out for you! At least you will know T-24...

Are you flying F on HA? If so you have access to the Hawaiian Air Premier Club on Departure Level. If not, are you a Priority Pass member? They have a Plumeria Lounge on the Mezzanine level right above the TSA area.
No, unfortunately. We have not flown HA in years. Trying a new route to KOA via the IAD nonstop to HNL. If we like it next time we can connect thru to KOA.
Old Dec 18, 2016, 7:13 pm

Programs: UA PLAT. DL PLAT, AOPA, MUG CLUB AT ROCK BOTTOM
Color me confused. The only non-stop I find gets in @1:28 pm. If you are connecting, you just stay airside.

Are you over nighting on Oahu? Whose stock are the HNL-KOA tickets on?

One way or the other the interisland terminal TSA is like any other airport; sometimes a walkthrough and sometimes a half hour line. So don't stress, just get there with a EXTRA hour and walk around the old but likeable terminal.
Old Dec 18, 2016, 8:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Originally Posted by welltended
Whenever we book HA awards using UA miles, our KTNs transfer to the Hawaiian booking and we have no problems getting Precheck. So while YMMV, I wouldn't stress too much. Plus there is a pretty painless process to remove and reenter your KTN during OLCI.
Old Dec 19, 2016, 6:17 am
Original Poster

Hawk, this time we decided to spend a couple of nights on Oahu since we have not been there for a while.
Slippahs, we paid for the tickets and while I see the UA ff# in the HA reservation the KT was blank, so I added it. What will
be will be!
Aloha.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.