Search

Hawaii w 300k Ultimate Reward points

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2016, 2:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by petergriffen
Dl forum?
Delta Sky Miles forum, here on FlyerTalk.
Old Nov 4, 2016, 4:21 pm
Original Poster

Ok will keep you posted, thanks
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...l#post27437918
Old Nov 5, 2016, 7:37 am
Original Poster

Ok does anyone have any recommendations for staying on the beach with kids in Oahu? We love the beach and I have around 200k points. We are a beach family and that's what we will do most of the time.
Old Nov 6, 2016, 2:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Ok does anyone have any recommendations for staying on the beach with kids in Oahu? We love the beach and I have around 200k points. We are a beach family and that's what we will do most of the time.
There are two Hyatt properties in Honolulu: a Hyatt Place, and a Hyatt Regency. Both are close (short walk) to the beach, but neither is on the beach. Chase UR points transfer to Hyatt 1:1. You'd have to check the Hyatt Gold Passport site to see how many points each property requires per night. (The Hyatt Place will cost fewer points than the Hyatt Regency.)
Old Nov 6, 2016, 8:01 pm
Original Poster

12k for place and 20k for the regency. Have you been to them?
Old Nov 6, 2016, 8:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

12k for place and 20k for the regency. Have you been to them?
I've been at the HR, but never stayed there. Public areas were nice; in many ways, it's similar to any other large, big city hotel. The HP is newer, and includes breakfast daily.

You should be able to find plenty of reviews for both, on line.

Edited to add:

If you and your spouse were each to get the Chase/Hyatt credit card and meet the minimum-spend requirement in time, you would each get two free Hyatt nights anywhere in the world (subject to "standard room" availability). You could then possibly redeem for four nights at the HR Waikiki -- or perhaps the Grand Hyatt on Kauai, if you wanted to see a second island -- and save some of your UR points.

Last edited by guv1976; Nov 6, 2016 at 9:06 pm
Old Nov 7, 2016, 10:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by guv1976
I've been at the HR, but never stayed there. Public areas were nice; in many ways, it's similar to any other large, big city hotel. The HP is newer, and includes breakfast daily.

You should be able to find plenty of reviews for both, on line.

Edited to add:

If you and your spouse were each to get the Chase/Hyatt credit card and meet the minimum-spend requirement in time, you would each get two free Hyatt nights anywhere in the world (subject to "standard room" availability). You could then possibly redeem for four nights at the HR Waikiki -- or perhaps the Grand Hyatt on Kauai, if you wanted to see a second island -- and save some of your UR points.
https://creditcards.chase.com/credit...ecate_allcards Better hurry if you want to get the Hyatt card. Also can try the Chase Marriott card offering 80K points. Maybe you & spouse each get one.
Old Nov 12, 2016, 9:25 am
Original Poster

Guess I wasn't thinking, I can spend 150k with my 100k points but I can only transfer 100k points. That only gives me 5 nights, nothing on chase ultimate site looks too good for kids on Maui

Don't think I have time to get another card and more points
Old Nov 12, 2016, 10:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Guess I wasn't thinking, I can spend 150k with my 100k points but I can only transfer 100k oppoints. That only gives me 5 nights, nothing on chase ultimate site looks too good for kids on Maui

Don't think I have time to get another card and more points
If you only have 100,000 points, that's all you can spend or transfer. If you "spend" the points on the Chase travel portal, you'll get $1,500 in value, but it's still only 100,000 points.

I think you and your spouse each have time to get the Chase/Hyatt card and get two free Hyatt nights each -- if you can satisfy the minimum-spend requirement quickly.
Old Nov 12, 2016, 10:21 am

Programs: AA, B6, UA, HH, WoH
Guess I wasn't thinking...
Do you have flights booked yet?
Finding hotel to match flights is much easier than finding flights to match hotel availability.
Once you nail down flights (if you can, which is questionable for Feb 2017).....
1. What island are you on for what exact dates? Arrive/Depart
2. How many points do you have in what programs? UR, Hyatt, etc.
3. Do you have a Chase Sapphire Reserve card?

If you can provide this info you will get realistic responses.
Old Nov 12, 2016, 4:28 pm
Original Poster

We are either going Oahu or Maui. Last week in February both have about the same availability for flights out but I wanted to make sure there was a hotel within walking distance to a nice beach before we made a decision on which island

We each have 110k chase ultimate rewards each with a chase sapphire

Dates are something like 2/24 - 3/4 depending on availability which will hopefully cost is 100k points transferred to Korean

With getting the Hyatt cards there is a chance we could do the min spend for at least one in time but I would be worried on hotel availability
Old Nov 12, 2016, 8:34 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
Hyatt Regency on Waikiki is across the road from the main part of the beach, so while not on beach it is very well located and would suit you in that respect. Also one of the outrigger canoes is right there. I stayed at Westin Moana Surfrider which cost $1000/day to be on the beach, HR is much cheaper and almost the same location (see google maps). But for kids Hilton Hawaiian Village is probably a better choice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.