Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Hawaii
Reload this Page >

Help with LAS-HNL

Help with LAS-HNL

Old Oct 1, 2016, 5:27 pm
Original Poster

Help with LAS-HNL

I'm trying to book first or business class LAS to HNL. I have 25k expiring TYP points, 20k SPG points, and about 80k UR points.

Cash first class seat on Hawaiian Air direct at a reasonable hour is $1k. I could use the TYP expiring points as a $330 credit, and pay cash for the rest.

Or I was wondering if there are better ways to get a first class seat transferring to frequent flier miles? One stop would be fine, especially if their first class is better than HA's.

TYP and UR points both transfer to Singapore Airlines - is that something worth exploring?
Old Oct 1, 2016, 6:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
You're just looking for a one-way redemption?
Old Oct 1, 2016, 7:36 pm
Original Poster

yes - just one way
Old Oct 1, 2016, 8:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Ttrevi88
yes - just one way
If you can find "Saver" seats on UA flights at united.com, I believe that you can get a one-way in F for just 30,000 SQ KrisFlyer miles.
Old Oct 2, 2016, 1:21 am

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
Originally Posted by Ttrevi88
I'm trying to book first or business class LAS to HNL. I have 25k expiring TYP points, 20k SPG points, and about 80k UR points.

Cash first class seat on Hawaiian Air direct at a reasonable hour is $1k. I could use the TYP expiring points as a $330 credit, and pay cash for the rest.

Or I was wondering if there are better ways to get a first class seat transferring to frequent flier miles? One stop would be fine, especially if their first class is better than HA's.

TYP and UR points both transfer to Singapore Airlines - is that something worth exploring?
LAX & SFO & PHX & SAN are easy gateway cities. Try searching from there to HNL and backtracking an award or paid ticket. If you still have issues, drop me a PM.
Old Sep 19, 2022, 3:43 am

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite
I'm having a problem searching for domestic first class awards on HA. Recently, I saw that some saver rates were becoming available again, but I cant find any going from LAS -> HNL. Does HA release more inventory close-in? Or are there just so many locals on the "ninth island" it's always hard to get anything on a saver award?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.