Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Hawaii
Reload this Page >

Priority Pass Lounge in HNL (Plumeria Lounge in the Interisland Terminal)

Old Sep 21, 2016, 1:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE

FYI for Priority Pass members, a new lounge- The Plumeria Lounge, operated by Hawaiian Airlines, is now open for PP members. This is the same lounge used by HA for their international business class flyers:

https://www.prioritypass.com/en/Loun...-Hawaii-Lounge

This is huge benefit for PP holders in HNL, but FYI, if you are a frequent inter-island business traveler, the lounge only opens at 10 AM.
Old Sep 21, 2016, 9:45 am

Nice! Will visit them next week. Thanks!
Old Sep 21, 2016, 10:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Wow... great news! But less incentive now to qualify for Pualani status.
Old Sep 21, 2016, 12:07 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Troopers
Nice! Will visit them next week. Thanks!
Can you circle back to us with your experience of trying to use the PP card at this lounge? Thanks!
Old Sep 23, 2016, 5:05 pm

Programs: A3*G, Fairmont Pl, Accor Pl, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Amex Platinum
This is fantastic. We travel to Kauai frequently and I hate the time at HNL before the inter-island flights. Hopefully it will be available/open next time we go through. Thanks for the tip.
Old Sep 27, 2016, 8:05 am

I have an upcoming trip to HNL on UA but unfortunately this lounge appears to be a long way from the usual UA gates.

http://hawaii.gov/hnl/terminal-information
Old Sep 27, 2016, 8:35 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Clipper801
I have an upcoming trip to HNL on UA but unfortunately this lounge appears to be a long way from the usual UA gates.

http://hawaii.gov/hnl/terminal-information
It is, but there is a wiki wiki bus that has a stop right outside of the lounge.
Old Sep 27, 2016, 10:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Originally Posted by 747FC
It is, but there is a wiki wiki bus that has a stop right outside of the lounge.
Only the wiki wiki shuttle ain't so wiki wiki so one would probably be wise to leave some time to get to the UA gates.
Old Sep 27, 2016, 10:28 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by slippahs
Only the wiki wiki shuttle ain't so wiki wiki so one would probably be wise to leave some time to get to the UA gates.
Right you are. Before this club opened, my wife and I used the UA club to await our HA flight. That was a bit of a hike, fraught with dangerous sidestepping of meandering tourists...
Old Sep 28, 2016, 7:13 pm

Originally Posted by slippahs
Right you are. Before this club opened, my wife and I used the UA club to await our HA flight. That was a bit of a hike, fraught with dangerous sidestepping of meandering tourists...
My first trip to HNL in many years and not familiar with the airport. Since I do have access to the UA Club, I probably just go there. Eager to read review of this lounge comparing to the UA Club though.
Old Sep 29, 2016, 10:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
I was really pleased to see this development, because the other (and only PP) lounge for quite some time is the most pathetic airline lounge I have ever been in, anywhere, during my past 25+ years of visiting airline lounges. In fact, the other one is so bad that I preferred to just get a beverage and sit out in the garden, before the entire place got torn up for construction.
Old Sep 29, 2016, 11:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by Clipper801
My first trip to HNL in many years and not familiar with the airport. Since I do have access to the UA Club, I probably just go there. Eager to read review of this lounge comparing to the UA Club though.
You might want to ck. the UA forum for info on the UA Club.
Old Sep 30, 2016, 9:22 am

Originally Posted by philemer
You might want to ck. the UA forum for info on the UA Club.
Thanks for the suggestion. I am familiar with the UA Club. For other than international locations, e.g., HKG and NRT, they are usually very basic.

I did a search and there are two threads at the UA forum but the most recent post was in 2015. I don't think much have changed since. I have appended the links below for those who are interested.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...w-waikiki.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hawai...-thread-6.html
Old Sep 30, 2016, 6:06 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
^^

Although again, quite the trek from AS' gates. [And I'm typically cutting it a bit close @ HNL for lounge time ]
Old Oct 3, 2016, 1:08 am

Can you circle back to us with your experience of trying to use the PP card at this lounge? Thanks!
Aloha! No problems using PP with 2 kids. But lounge is nothing special.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.