Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Montage Kapalua Bay vs. Four Seasons Wailea vs. Fairmont Kea Lani

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2016, 12:02 pm
Original Poster

Montage Kapalua Bay vs. Four Seasons Wailea vs. Fairmont Kea Lani

Long time reader, first time poster here.

Planning our honeymoon for November. Going to Hawaii for fear of Zika everywhere else that we would like to go, and we are on the West Coast so we don't want to fly longer than 5 or 6 hours. So Hawaii it is.

We like the best of the best - we like spectacular service, spacious suites with ocean views, a nice clean beach to lay on, and amazing food. We have no intention of going adventuring. We just like a nice room, a nice beach and nice food. Preferably a little quieter with less children as well.

With that in mind, have any of you stayed at 2 or 3 of the resorts I mentioned and which one would you feel fits us best? We get mixed answers from travel agents.

Thank you!
Old Aug 10, 2016, 8:44 am

Smile Four Season Wailea

I have never had such attention to detail in any hotel. Private serenity pool for adults, great beach views are outstanding and we are going back. Went in July and back next June for our big anniversary. Music in evenings in lobby bar all ages at resort they even provide sun screen at pool.Food was good but not great, there are numerous restaurants in area and they will drive you there and back.
Small shopping plaza near by.
Old Aug 15, 2016, 3:09 pm

For quiet - Montage without a doubt.

For food - Kind of a push - Fairmont is really good IME. Have been twice. Last time, I had the best fish dish of my life. But Montage, Cane and Canoe is also good. You also can walk to Merriman's for a change of pace, and again IME, has an outstanding happy hour, with really great views, and atmosphere. But around Fairmont and FS there are lots of restaurant choices.

Beaches - They are all really nice on Maui. Honestly I like them all.
Kapalua and Napili are really nice. But so are the beaches in Wailea.

Have not stayed at FS though. So can not comment.
Old Aug 17, 2016, 7:59 am

Programs: SPG GL, AA GL
I have stayed in 4S only so can't comment on the others. 4S service is top notch. The resort is smaller, so never feel crowded. Best massage I have in my life (seriously). Food is OK and you should venture out anyways. Saw a lot of celebs when we were there.
Old Aug 17, 2016, 1:33 pm

Had dinner in others

Stayed at 4S but had dinner in the Fairmont and Marriott as well as the Andaluz.
We noticed that the cleanliness of the 4S was way above the other resorts. Food was the same good but nothing to knock your socks off.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.