Advice Sought for First-Time Trip to Maui in February/March

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Advice Sought for First-Time Trip to Maui in February/March

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2016, 11:34 pm

Programs: UA PLAT. DL PLAT, AOPA, MUG CLUB AT ROCK BOTTOM
"The flip side of this is the woman who came to the Big Island and stayed a week at a resort. She never left the resort to see the volcano, waterfalls, black or green sand beaches, etc. She could have stayed on the mainland for a resort stay. "

^^^
Old Jan 20, 2016, 5:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Useful Thread, now bookmarked!

We're just back from our 2nd Waikiki Beach trip, and are considering Maui for next Nov/Dec. Early research certainly supports comments on prices, but basically "it costs what it costs"!

Being idle elders, some of the 'activities' aren't on our agenda. Being somewhere warm and sunny is the main criterion Early research has pointed us towards the Kaanapali Beach hotel, because they have smoking rooms!
Old Jan 24, 2016, 1:07 pm

Programs: HH-Diamond, IHG-Plat, DL-DM, PnF Plat, Kroger +
I'm following this thread also. My wife and I are going to Maui in May for our anniversary. Like the OP said, hotels and resort fees are high for what we are used to.
I have HH and IHG points but not enough for 5 days worth.

We are not looking for a resort to hang out, we like the most secluded and mingle with the locals.
Still trying to decide from which West coast city to fly out of.
Old Jan 29, 2016, 7:52 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum 5 million miles
We travel to Maui two or three times a year and stay at a condo that we get through VRBO. In January 2016, we paid $200 per night for a two bedroom/two bathroom condo in Lahaina. For our March 2016 trip, we are paying $200 for a studio in Lahaina. Kihei is less expensive but a car is needed.
Old Jan 31, 2016, 8:53 am

Programs: HH-Diamond, IHG-Plat, DL-DM, PnF Plat, Kroger +
We have been looking in VRBO for good places. Found a couple of condos in Kihei area for under $150/night. We will be renting a car to get around and see the whole island.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.