Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Hawaii
Reload this Page >

Tropical Storm Hilda (and Possible Impact to Pending Kaua`i Vacation)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2015, 7:04 pm
Original Poster

The weather forecast looks dismal. We've got a long-awaited vacation planned to Kauai (mix of Poipu and North Shore) but bad weather = not much fun. Is it as bad as the forecast looks? We are used to rain on Kauai but this makes me nervous.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Aug 12, 2015 at 5:27 am Reason: added details to thread title
Old Aug 11, 2015, 10:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Originally Posted by kersie
The weather forecast looks dismal. We've got a long-awaited vacation planned to Kauai (mix of Poipu and North Shore) but bad weather = not much fun. Is it as bad as the forecast looks? We are used to rain on Kauai but this makes me nervous.
Just like everywhere else, weather is unpredictable, even more so when there's a tropical storm on its way. The last tropical storm this past weekend (which missed wide right) gave us a few sprinkles and maybe even some strong gusts, but didn't really impact us too greatly here on Oahu. Hilda is expected to pass through the Big Island and then miss the rest of the chain wide left. But who knows?
Old Aug 12, 2015, 11:37 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by slippahs
Just like everywhere else, weather is unpredictable, even more so when there's a tropical storm on its way. The last tropical storm this past weekend (which missed wide right) gave us a few sprinkles and maybe even some strong gusts, but didn't really impact us too greatly here on Oahu. Hilda is expected to pass through the Big Island and then miss the rest of the chain wide left. But who knows?
Ha. Thanks. Our hotel is Kauai seemed optimistic
Old Aug 12, 2015, 7:45 pm

Programs: Life, Love and Laughter
The storm is weakening and moving away from hawaii.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.