Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Hawaii
Reload this Page >

Accomodations for a large family (Oahu and Big Island)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2015, 6:28 pm
Original Poster

Hi!

I tried searching the forum but didn't find this issue addressed. I'm traveling to Hawaii in August with my five kids (ages 2-16) and looking for the best way to handle accommodations.

Most hotels I'm seeing won't accommodate a family our size in a single room so I am leaning toward renting a house via HomeAway or AirBnB rather than booking two rooms. However, I thought I would check in with the experts here first. Does anyone know of any (relatively) reasonably priced hotels with suites for a party of 6? I've tried searching but haven't had much success.

We're planning on 3 days in Honolulu (mainly to see Pearl Harbor) and then will be spending the rest of our time on the Big Island.

Thanks in advance!
Old Apr 10, 2015, 4:22 am

Programs: Delta
http://www.vrbo.com/vacation-rentals/usa/hawaii

Condos listed by owners.
Old Apr 10, 2015, 4:10 pm

Vrbo house or condo is good, also if you only want 2 BR try redweek.com to rent timeshares from owners. Much cheaper than 2 Hotle rooms and you also get a full kitchen, living room, dining and washer dryer
Try Marriott KoOlina or Hilton Hawaiian village for high quality timeshares, NO a need to go to timeshare presentation when renting.
KoOlina is great for kids but traffic to Honolulu during rush hour is bad, otherwise about a half hour
Old Apr 10, 2015, 6:09 pm
Original Poster

Thank you both!

I never would have thought about renting a timeshare. I'll check that out!
Old Apr 12, 2015, 3:30 pm

Did you look at Volcano Village Lodge?
Old Apr 14, 2015, 5:32 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bwelliott
Did you look at Volcano Village Lodge?
I didn't, but I will check it out. Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.