Wiki Posts
Search

What hotel on points in Oahu/Honolulu?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2015, 11:03 pm
Original Poster

Hi all...

Originally my wife and I were going to stay for 5 days at the Royal Hawaiian with SPG points, but we are thinking of breaking it up into 2 days at the St. Regis Princeville, and then 3 days somewhere in Honolulu.

So, I went through all my different accounts, totaled up my miles and calculated how many I could transfer to different programs, etc, etc, etc. And now I'm wondering, what is the nicest hotel I can book in Honolulu for 3 days in late August based on the points I have (chart below)? We would prefer something beachfront. I am hoping people have some suggestions so I don't have to figure out which hotels are actually nice, then figure out which programs there in and then how many points and all that...maybe some of you know off the top of your heads!

Anyways, here is how many points I can transfer into each program (if I'm just a few short I'm sure I'll come up with some, let me know!):

BEST WEST 62,000
CHOICE 62,000
HHONORS 93,000
HYATT 107,000
IHG 107,000
MARIOTT 107,000
SPG 40,000
RITZ-CARLTON 107,000
Old Jan 19, 2015, 11:20 pm

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Nicest Oahu Hotel with your points? Royal Hawaiian.

What time of year is your trip?

Last edited by 747FC; Jan 19, 2015 at 11:21 pm Reason: question
Old Jan 20, 2015, 12:58 am
Original Poster

August. Unfortunately I don't have 60k for 3 nights...only enough for 2. I'll have to earn 20k real quick to book that award.
Old Jan 20, 2015, 1:13 am

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE

August should be a good time of year @ Princeville.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.