Wiki Posts
Search

Maui: best resort with kids club

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2015, 8:45 pm
Original Poster

Hello everyone,

Great information on this forum. We are 4 adults and a 5 year old going to Hawaii for a week in July (7/13-7/20). I am looking at Hyatt vs Ritz Carlton vs Westin. One of our main concerns is keeping my 5 year old occupied- he loved kids clubs when we went to Mexico, etc. FS seems to be a clear winner in Maui, but its too $$$. I am looking at a deal through Costco travel for RC- 2 bedroom suite, plane tix, full size car rental and $500 in resort credit for $9900. Seems like a decent deal. Any recommendations on the best resort for my situation? Also, what are good places to look for best deals (except for usual Expedia, Hotwire, Priceline, etc.)

Thanks,

Rj
Old Jan 12, 2015, 4:48 am

Programs: Virtuoso, Four Seasons PP, RC STARS, MO FanClub, Dorchester Diamond, Luxury Priv, Peninsula PenClub
Best Kids Club in Maui

Your expectations about the Four Seasons kids' club being the best on Maui are spot on. Not only is their Kids For All Seasons program the best but it's also complimentary (have you included the cost of kids program and full breakfast for 4 adults daily elsewhere?). If you make your reservation through a Four Seasons Preferred Partner agent (full disclosure: I am one - and there are many others on FT) you receive complimentary Preferred Partner benefits.

There are other benefits to staying at the Four Seasons from its superb beach to hands down the best service to it's proximity to Wailea for a wide range of restaurants among others. You can also take advantage of the adults pool at the FS while your son is with his new friends.

Preferred Partner benefits include:
  • Daily full American breakfast for two people per bedroom, served through In-Room Dining or in the hotel restaurant (including buffets) - up to an approximate $85 per room per day value.
  • Food and beverage credit of USD100.
  • Upgrade of one category, based on availability at time of check-in (excluding signature suites and villas).
  • Complimentary basic Internet (up to 2 devices) in all guest rooms; complimentary premium Internet (up to 4 devices) in all suites.

All that said, if you decide on one of the others you mentioned, the Ritz-Carlton's children's program, while not complimentary, is superb: Jean-Michele Cousteau Ambassador of the Seas.
Old Jan 12, 2015, 7:46 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LindaTerrill
Your expectations about the Four Seasons kids' club being the best on Maui are spot on. Not only is their Kids For All Seasons program the best but it's also complimentary (have you included the cost of kids program and full breakfast for 4 adults daily elsewhere?). If you make your reservation through a Four Seasons Preferred Partner agent (full disclosure: I am one - and there are many others on FT) you receive complimentary Preferred Partner benefits.

There are other benefits to staying at the Four Seasons from its superb beach to hands down the best service to it's proximity to Wailea for a wide range of restaurants among others. You can also take advantage of the adults pool at the FS while your son is with his new friends.

Preferred Partner benefits include:
  • Daily full American breakfast for two people per bedroom, served through In-Room Dining or in the hotel restaurant (including buffets) - up to an approximate $85 per room per day value.
  • Food and beverage credit of USD100.
  • Upgrade of one category, based on availability at time of check-in (excluding signature suites and villas).
  • Complimentary basic Internet (up to 2 devices) in all guest rooms; complimentary premium Internet (up to 4 devices) in all suites.

All that said, if you decide on one of the others you mentioned, the Ritz-Carlton's children's program, while not complimentary, is superb: Jean-Michele Cousteau Ambassador of the Seas.
PM sent
Old Jan 12, 2015, 2:14 pm
nnn

Programs: All-Around Kettle
If you can make the FS work with a preferred partner, go for it. Their kids' club is really great -- and no extra charge (except for lunch).
Old Mar 8, 2015, 4:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GM on VX, UA, AA, HA, AS, SY; Budget Fastbreak

Is it possible to stay at a nearby resort but to use (pay) these kids clubs? I've used the Westin spa services before so whimsically hope that I can also pay for the kids club...
Old Mar 11, 2015, 1:41 pm

The Grand Wailea will accept non hotel guests at their kids club.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.