Wiki Posts
Search

Suggestions for Christmas Eve dinner on Kauai

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2014, 10:57 am
Original Poster

Suggestions for Christmas Eve dinner on Kauai

Dear all,

we will be spending the days around christmas on Kauai. We wanted to make reservations for a nice dinner on Christmas Eve. Any suggestions? I did some research online but couldn't really find much on restaurants on Kauai. We'll be staying at the Marriott Resort.

As to what it'll be we are pretty open. Could be either buffet or a la carte, international or local cuisine. We are looking for good quality and a nice atmosphere. Needn't be Michelin star quality, though.

Thanks to everyone for your suggestions!

Mario
Old Nov 23, 2014, 7:01 am

Programs: Skymiles, AA,
which Marriott?
Old Nov 23, 2014, 7:08 am

Programs: UA Million Miler (Gold), Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Duke's is my favorite restaurant on the island, and it's right there at the Marriott. Great fresh fish.
Old Nov 24, 2014, 1:51 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JVPonKauai
which Marriott?
It's simply called Kauai Mariott Resort.

We thought about Duke's as well. Glas to hear you liked it.
Old Nov 25, 2014, 7:45 am

Programs: Skymiles, AA,
Originally Posted by MarioRossi
It's simply called Kauai Mariott Resort.

We thought about Duke's as well. Glas to hear you liked it.
The Kauai Marriott is in Lihue, and Dukes is basically on site, so that is a very good option. You are also very close to Café Portofino and the Feral Pig. A short drive north is Hukilau, one of my favorites on the whole Island.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 1:22 pm
Original Poster

Thank you for your suggestions. We'll probably go with Duke's for Christmas Eve as no one will have to drive. But Hukilau sounds great so we'll give that a try some other night.
Old Dec 17, 2014, 4:22 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
Originally Posted by MarioRossi
Thank you for your suggestions. We'll probably go with Duke's for Christmas Eve as no one will have to drive. But Hukilau sounds great so we'll give that a try some other night.
Sorry for not seeing this sooner. Not sure if you've been to Duke's but when you said, "nice dinner on Christmas eve," Duke's isn't what normally would come to mind. There is nothing wrong with it and I like Duke's a lot - but it's nothing special for a "nice" holiday dinner.
Old Dec 20, 2014, 8:19 pm

Programs: UA-Gold, 1MM, Marriott Gold, Global Entry
Originally Posted by ILuvParis
Sorry for not seeing this sooner. Not sure if you've been to Duke's but when you said, "nice dinner on Christmas eve," Duke's isn't what normally would come to mind. There is nothing wrong with it and I like Duke's a lot - but it's nothing special for a "nice" holiday dinner.
Agree with ILuvParis.

For further consideration....a not to break the budget choice with an international fare {German/Austrian}.... Call Hemingways to see if they are open, a short sleigh ride to the east end of Kapaa. They make it all & now take credit cards. They use to have an ATM machine where one could get cash. At that time Cash only [s]. Great food, breakfast too.

Also, heads up, Common Ground is closed [Kilauea], long story, they still do catering.

The Hyatt [stayed two nights] is now serving breakfast in Tidepools, buffet only, renovation.

Also, Stayed at St. Regis. New General Manager Mr. Restler. Taking hotel to 5 stars from 4.
More than possible...
Pool menu has wonderful salads, & my new favorite, pulled pork sliders.

Two others I found this year Kilauea Fish tacos, one across from the Kung Ctr. The other in Kapaa behind the coconut shop ctr, end, near airport, lots of food good reasonable cost.
Best find of the year....Kauai Juice Co, moved from hidden locale, to behind Java Kai, Kapaa. 2nd location Kilauea. $11.00 for a large bottle of organic health. Go early to get best selection.

Mods place where appropriate. Thx

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.