Search

Taxi rates OGG to Lahaina

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2014, 9:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Too many to list
Taxi rates OGG to Lahaina

A person sitting next to me on a recent flt from SFO-OGG asked me about transpotation from OGG to Lahaina area. I said a taxi might be $40-$50. Boy, was I wrong. See http://kiheitaxi.com/maui-taxi-rates/ It's $3/mile plus other possible charges. Kahana to Kahului is ~$90. WOW! Kahului to Lahaina ~$75.

Maui needs Uber!
Old Nov 12, 2014, 1:39 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver, Hilton Gold, Hertz Pres Circle
Take the bus :-). It's like $2 if you don't have big luggage.
Old Nov 15, 2014, 8:20 am

I'm looking at taking the bus and saw the luggage specs. I plan on having normal sized luggage (that I wouldn't need to check in on the plane)...that should work right? When I called to ask, the lady said no suitcases at all. However I told her that online what it said and she have off the impression that it depends on the driver.
Old Nov 17, 2014, 1:41 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

I've only taken a taxi from Costco to OGG on a longer layover. Bought lots of stuff and was running out of time. Was $5 or so IIRC
Old Feb 8, 2017, 2:51 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite
Anyone take Uber on Maui lately? I can lookup routes and fares, but does anyone actually pickup outside Kaanapali and Wailea? There are no little active cars showing on the map and the R-C doesn't have a shuttle to JHM anymore...
Old Mar 15, 2017, 3:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GM on VX, UA, AA, HA, AS, SY; Budget Fastbreak
I'm sure the R-C could help get you a taxi to jhm! It can't be that expensive.
Old Mar 15, 2017, 3:57 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Cool

I can't imagine being on Maui without a car.

It's madness!!!!

Old Mar 18, 2017, 11:47 am
Suspended

IMHO, Maui, the Big Island, and Kauai all require a car to properly and effectively enjoy what the Islands have to offer.

Unless one is planning on staying in Kaanapali, and only venturing as far as Lahaina, you really need a car in Maui.
Old Mar 18, 2017, 1:12 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by DeweyCheathem
IMHO, Maui, the Big Island, and Kauai all require a car to properly and effectively enjoy what the Islands have to offer.

Unless one is planning on staying in Kaanapali, and only venturing as far as Lahaina, you really need a car in Maui.
Agree. And even though we stay in Ka'anapali each year, we use the rental car to explore other areas of the island.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.