Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Hawaii
Reload this Page >

Kauai Hotel: St Regis Princeville or Grand Hyatt?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kauai Hotel: St Regis Princeville or Grand Hyatt?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2016, 7:50 am

Programs: A3*G, Fairmont Pl, Accor Pl, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Amex Platinum
If you are Hyatt Diamond and have some suite upgrades to burn - I would recommend the GHK. The suites that they give for the certificates are amazing. Combine that with access to the lounge, the spa with the open ceiling, the ridiculous pools and location on the south side with access to restaurants nad its a winner for me.

But, as previous posters said - for a more remote secluded adult experience - St. Regis cannot be beat.
Old Sep 27, 2016, 8:18 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by codesinvan
If you are Hyatt Diamond and have some suite upgrades to burn - I would recommend the GHK. The suites that they give for the certificates are amazing. Combine that with access to the lounge, the spa with the open ceiling, the ridiculous pools and location on the south side with access to restaurants nad its a winner for me.

But, as previous posters said - for a more remote secluded adult experience - St. Regis cannot be beat.
Thanks I am a Diamond but my plan is to use 100% points on this trip. Thus, I won't be able to use the suite upgrade.
Old Oct 3, 2016, 11:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
I would not stay at the St. Regis for one reason only - most of the rooms do not have a balcony. Some do, and some are on the ground floor, but when I walked around I was shocked someone built a hotel in Hawaii without them. In Hawaii, for me, no balconey/access to outside=no go.

Some people don't care, but for me it's a deal breaker.

ETA: Upon further thought - if you're going any time around Easter, chances are you're not going to get much in the way of upgrades at either hotel. Someone at the GH Kauai once told me that people are happy to pay the amounts asked for rooms & suites, and that amount isn't inexpensive. You'd be better off with C&P at the Hyatt and try to use a DSU, at least. Both of these hotels cater to a higher end client with $$$ to spend. Using points puts you pretty much at the bottom of the room ladder - unless you go during slow times, and even then, there might be a convention in house taking most of the rooms.

Last edited by Mary2e; Oct 3, 2016 at 12:34 pm
Old Oct 4, 2016, 7:37 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Mary2e
ETA: Upon further thought - if you're going any time around Easter, chances are you're not going to get much in the way of upgrades at either hotel. Someone at the GH Kauai once told me that people are happy to pay the amounts asked for rooms & suites, and that amount isn't inexpensive. You'd be better off with C&P at the Hyatt and try to use a DSU, at least. Both of these hotels cater to a higher end client with $$$ to spend. Using points puts you pretty much at the bottom of the room ladder - unless you go during slow times, and even then, there might be a convention in house taking most of the rooms.
Thanks but we wouldn't be there during the week of Easter. And Grand Hyatt didn't have any P&C during our stay so that option is out unless I want to pay full price. (Which I don't lol)
Old Oct 4, 2016, 10:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Spring break runs at least from the week before and week after Easter. If Passover is also around that time, well, you can add another week of crowding.

I personally also prefer the Poipu area. It's closer to just about everything.
Old Nov 8, 2016, 8:46 am

We were just in Kauai...we walked through the grand hyatt resort...its amazing. Beach is really nice too. YOu're going to drop some coin here though...be prepared.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.